Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 07:06 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times

Advertisements

Busboy?... what's the training take to learn that job ....5 minutes? $8.50 an hour sounds about right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
But liberals said that minimum wage hikes won't change anything. Just more spending money for min wage workers to boost the economy .

Another liberal lie .

Old 01-10-2018, 07:12 AM

The minimum wage hike is going or put many small businesses out of business and also put many employees out of work .

But even then you'll see the liberals try to claim "there is no correlation!"

Old 01-10-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Reminds me of kids throwing a fit when they don't like the rules. "So there! Look what you made me do!" WAA WAA. I hope they go out of business. Their food is overpriced & lousy even with clean tables.
Nice .

So you hope the wait staff , bartenders , managers all lose their jobs too ?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:18 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They know that ICE is going to increase targeting of the workplace, X 4 this year, and criminally charge those for hiring illegals.

The bus boys are looking for a bus back to whereever they came from.
To my earlier point, it's not just minimum wage hikes. With the plan to deport people "back to wherever they came from", there also needs to be an acknowledgement that the supply of cheap labor will go down, and therefore the cost will go up. Simple economics.

Like I said, it's not accurate to blame it all on "Libruls" wanting a fair wage. That certainly influences costs, but so does restricting supply of workforce.

Again, please notice I did not say that ICE targeting is good or bad, just trying to point out that it, along with many other things, likely play into the decision for RR to cut bussers from their payroll.

Economics, and in fact the world, are not digital places. There are many variables that influence how business works. In my response, I have addressed only two of them.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
To my earlier point, it's not just minimum wage hikes. With the plan to deport people "back to wherever they came from", there also needs to be an acknowledgement that the supply of cheap labor will go down, and therefore the cost will go up. Simple economics.

Like I said, it's not accurate to blame it all on "Libruls" wanting a fair wage. That certainly influences costs, but so does restricting supply of workforce.

Again, please notice I did not say that ICE targeting is good or bad, just trying to point out that it, along with many other things, likely play into the decision for RR to cut bussers from their payroll.

Economics, and in fact the world, are not digital places. There are many variables that influence how business works. In my response, I have addressed only two of them.
How did this country function when there wasn't a supply of "cheap labor " from illegal immigrants ?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Many places have already replaced the "order takers" with kiosks. If you can order on a kiosk that will free up the servers to bus tables as well.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:31 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
15 dollar min wage only speeds up the inevitable. If pay were 1 dollar an hour the results are the same, only the timeline differs.

The duty of a CEO is to maximize money to shareholders.
Good. Then CEOs can start by minimizing their own huge multi-million takeout and keep a few more of the employees, you know the people who actually work and bring in money for the company, employed.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So they can get servers making 2.13 an hour to do it instead.
Yeah thats how it works with wage laws, jobs are banned and the existing help picks up the slack.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Many places have already replaced the "order takers" with kiosks. If you can order on a kiosk that will free up the servers to bus tables as well.
I've seen some restaurants with the 'order kiosks' on table but it doesn't seem like most people use them.

There was one place, I believe it was an Outback Steakhouse where they required to pay on the kiosk. It doesn't seem customers like them much, although might depend on the age range.

Also mom and pop businesses with 1 location are unlikely to be able to afford to implement the technology which puts them at a disadvantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies