Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Kelly is downgrading security clearance for everyone not already cleared due to the recent scandal. That includes Jared Kushner. Why he's not able to get full security clearance is a mystery to me?
I believe that one of the reasons he can't get a security clearance is that he has a lot of debt. There may be others, but I heard that on the news. And if he won't turn over relevant information, his application would come to a standstill.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:28 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Default Kushner's Security Clearance

In my opinion this has not been discussed enough. Starting with his multiple submissions and Do-Overs to allowing a man without the proper clearances attending vital meeting this entire thing has made a mockery of our security protocols. Finally we are downgrading his clearance yet there is rumblings that his job will not change. What?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 AM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Kelly is downgrading security clearance for everyone not already cleared due to the recent scandal. That includes Jared Kushner. Why he's not able to get full security clearance is a mystery to me?
Jared Kushner Can

From the linked article:

Quote:
Kushner's permanent security clearance was stalled because he initially omitted 100 foreign contacts before revising his forms three times. Kushner's complicated business interests are also being considered after he repeatedly revised financial disclosure forms. But experts said the sheer volume of his ongoing ties to foreign investors is enough to deny anyone access to classified information.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Well, there's this for starters:

Kushner’s overseas contacts raise concerns as foreign officials seek leverage

Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience,

H.R. McMaster, President Trump’s national security adviser, learned that Kushner had contacts with foreign officials that he did not coordinate through the National Security Council or officially report. The issue of foreign officials talking about their meetings with Kushner and their perceptions of his vulnerabilities was a subject raised in McMaster’s daily intelligence briefings, according to the current and former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

But there are also other reasons he's having trouble getting clearance, including his financial difficulties.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:36 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Trump's family reportedly angry with John Kelly, looming 'death match' - Business Insider

My money is on Javanka staying and Kelly leaving.

This is the leakiest WH I have ever seen.

Javanka should go and the White House should keep the man who knows what he's doing.

But of course they are not going to do that. They will probably get rid of Kelly and keep steering the ship right into the iceberg.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
In my opinion this has not been discussed enough. Starting with his multiple submissions and Do-Overs to allowing a man without the proper clearances attending vital meeting this entire thing has made a mockery of our security protocols. Finally we are downgrading his clearance yet there is rumblings that his job will not change. What?
With everything he is supposed to be heading up, it would be a shock if you could do it without being able to access secure documents and spoken details.

This is a huge charade.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:40 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Javanka should go and the White House should keep the man who knows what he's doing.

But of course they are not going to do that. They will probably get rid of Kelly and keep steering the ship right into the iceberg.
I'm betting Kelly just quits.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Trump has the power to override which would create an unfavorable optic.

More than likely whatever issues that have,thus far, prevented clearance will, overtime, poof.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:44 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
A good thorough analysis of why Jared Kuchner hasn't been able to get security clearance. The four foreign governments discussing his vulnerabilities is only part of the problem:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f5205ea9e2b4

Old 02-28-2018, 10:06 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
A good thorough analysis of why Jared Kuchner hasn't been able to get security clearance. The four foreign governments discussing his vulnerabilities is only part of the problem:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f5205ea9e2b4
No subscription
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies