Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:21 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times

Advertisements

A man having access to top secret documents and discussions when he has not been given the required clearance. Are we just supposed to forget about that after we discussed emails for 2 years? I guess national security is only important to the right when the left is the target huh?

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-01-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 03-01-2018, 09:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Jared Kushner regularly meets and conducts business with foreign governments, unsupervised, and out of the country.
Is he fully vetted to even be in the White House?
And
Was any lack of full clearance a result of him failing to claim all those off shore accounts and dealings on his application following the win?

Probably because he is a Democrat and his daddy in is in prison.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,897,485 times
Jared won the marriage lottery. Hurray for nepotism. Make America great again for sons in laws.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:11 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Probably because he is a Democrat and his daddy in is in prison.
No it is because he has been using his office to get business loans to the tune of over $500,000,000.00

No how much money donated to Clinton's Foundation were all the GOP up in arms about?

This isn't money going to a non-profit.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times
I'm starting to wonder why Trump doesn't seem so concerned about Kushner getting security clearance. Is someone trying to set Kushner up for a big fall, take some heat off of Trump. Trump will point fingers at Jared. Jareds companies are suddenly flush with new funding. Maybe he is planning a quick exit to a somewhere he can't be extradited and be the fall guy for Trump. Ivanka will give him a quick peck on the cheek, thanks Hon for doing this for daddy, I won't forget you. I bring the kids by once the heat dies down..... Fade to sunset.

This gang at the White House is just fleecing for all they can possibly get. It's got to stop

Old 03-02-2018, 03:34 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Jared Kushner regularly meets and conducts business with foreign governments, unsupervised, and out of the country.
Is he fully vetted to even be in the White House?
And
Was any lack of full clearance a result of him failing to claim all those off shore accounts and dealings on his application following the win?
Why can't Jared Kushner get a security clearance?

Long story short: For the same reasons Mr. Trump couldn't get one.

Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest

Quote:
Sunlight’s “Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest” project presents a comprehensive, free, searchable database detailing all of President Donald J.Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as president of the United States. Read our reporting to stay current on related news, learn more about conflicts of interest at every level of government and search our database. If you’re familiar with any of the conflicts we’re tracking you can email us or contact us here to contribute to the project. ...
https://sunlightfoundation.com/track...s-of-interest/

Database:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XAAZ8/htmlview

Old 03-02-2018, 03:47 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Maggie Haberman and Mark Landler in a NYT column claim Donald Trump asked Kelly for help in ousting Ivanka and Kushner from their WH advisory roles.

Well, this is awkward.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 03-02-2018 at 03:57 AM..

Old 03-02-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Maggie Haberman and Mark Landler in a NYT column claim Donald Trump asked Kelly for help in ousting Ivanka and Kushner from their WH advisory roles.

Well, this is awkward.
Awkward yes.

Apparently Mr. Trump is running out of family members to run Trump Organization out of the White House.

Maybe Donald Jr or Eric or their wives could get the required security clearances?

Nah. Not bloody likely.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:12 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why can't Jared Kushner get a security clearance?

Long story short: For the same reasons Mr. Trump couldn't get one.

Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest

https://sunlightfoundation.com/track...s-of-interest/

Database:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XAAZ8/htmlview
You really have to be an idiot not to understand how Trump's Presidency is a clear conflict of interest given his business holdings. A double idiot if you believe he really divested from his business holdings as I believe the law required.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You really have to be an idiot not to understand how Trump's Presidency is a clear conflict of interest given his business holdings. A double idiot if you believe he really divested from his business holdings as I believe the law required.
I dunno if I'd describe it that way, to me, it's more like gullible.

The Oath of office is pretty simple & straightforward:

Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
The Emoluments Clause is also pretty simple & straightforward (proactively anti-corruption) however, like most things, is open to interpretation.

(Could go on here with other & so on, fr'instance The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA), but honestly considering whether it would be helpful)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies