Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:46 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,688,265 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that LGBTQ folks want people to accept them and their views yet denounce others who believe differently than they do.

I see the LGBTQ community as a bunch of spoiled children jumping up and down, holding their breath, and screaming to get their way. The sad part is we have a government who is manipulated by this group into giving them what they want at the expense of Christians and other groups opposed to the LGBTQ way of life.

The LGBTQ are quick to tell the world of their rights. What about the rights of all people to believe as they want in whatever religion and the writings of that religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 02:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh puh-leez.

Gimme a break.

Oh yes, people (straight people that is) got along with gay people as long as they were in the closet. I get it.

And what about LGBT people who are not only tired of being called names, but tired of being threatened with their personal safety as well?

Just stop being judgmental and let people live their lives.
You have to be joking. You don't have to agree with someone to like/dislike them. Try it sometime.

As for name calling, the only ones I've seen engaging in name calling are those tossing around words like homophobic.

Newsflash: Nobody cares. Get it? NO ONE CARES IF PEOPLE ARE GAY! Should I yell louder?

They need to stop making themselves 1-dimensional, one-note wonders.

I'm married. But my ENTIRE EXISTENCE is not based on that fact. I don't immediately yell at people: I'm MARRRREIIIED!!!! HEY .. YOU ... I'M MARRIIIED!!!!!!!

And then expect them to immediately love me for it, congratulate me on my bravery, give me special rights and treat me like a queen.

Which is what has happened to the LGBT agenda.

Seriously, keep it out of the schools and stop the I'm better than you/celebrate me nonsense. It's hurting you now.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:47 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You were forced to bow to someone's religion?

When did this happen, and where?
Does it hurt to be so deliberately obtuse??? History is rife with examples, particularly when it's Christians forcing others to bend to and accept their beliefs.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I find it odd that LGBTQ folks want people to accept them and their views yet denounce others who believe differently than they do.

I see the LGBTQ community as a bunch of spoiled children jumping up and down, holding their breath, and screaming to get their way. The sad part is we have a government who is manipulated by this group into giving them what they want at the expense of Christians and other groups opposed to the LGBTQ way of life.

The LGBTQ are quick to tell the world of their rights. What about the rights of all people to believe as they want in whatever religion and the writings of that religion?
They don't want equal, they want MORE. Same thing has happened to the feminist agenda.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Does it hurt to be so deliberately obtuse??? History is rife with examples, particularly when it's Christians forcing others to bend to and accept their beliefs.
History is rife with examples of everything.

What happened last week? Anyone? Bueller??

Nothing.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:51 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Come on homophobes let that hate flag of yours fly! And BTW homosexuality is actually naturally it occurs in the animal kingdom as well as the insect. Do you think they believe in god?
Well, insects eat the heads off the other sex after sex so..... there's that, oh and rampant cannibalism of a lot of species.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
They aren't tolerated because they are aggressive bullies and liars....not because of their orientation.

They said they wanted the same rights as everyone else (which they already had..they just weren't content with that). Then it was special rights. But what they really wanted all along was to force other people to APPROVE of and officially stamp and CONDONE their behavior as "normal", which of course, it can never be.

Just like a cat can't be a dog.

A woman cannot be a man.

A husband is the counterpart to wife...man and woman. There isn't any such thing as "Gay marriage". Just like there isn't any such thing as Up Down, or Dry Wet or Black White.

They have sought angrily to hijack our language and redefine common words to have meanings opposite or negative of their actual meaning, then labelled as "sexist" or "bigoted" any backlash or refusal of this NewSpeak.

So they won't be tolerated, until collectively, they can learn to behave in a more socially acceptable fashion.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Marriage is a public act.

People enter into marriage because they want legal recognition of their committed and exclusive sexual relationship.

If you want people/the state to keep their nose out of your bedroom, don't get married.

Companionship is a public act.
Marriage has always from the beginning, been a religious event.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:54 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Homosexuality, in a shockingly short amount of time, went from "The love that dare not speak its name" to "The love that won't shut up."

Moral qualms aside, most people tend to adopt a "live and let live" attitude, in general. But the LBGT "lobby" isn't content with having everyone else tolerate their orientation, or even accepting it. No, they want to shove it down our throats, like it or not. For example, there are numerous cases where Christian florists or bakers or photographers have been financially ruined and driven out of business because they didn't want to provide their services to a gay wedding ceremony. Would it have really hurt the offended parties to just go and find someone else to provide them the services they want? Is it really necessary to destroy someone who disagrees with you?

Yet the Left wants to force Christians to violate their own consciences and participate in gay weddings, on pain of losing their livelihoods. Double standard, much?

Pretty funny, mentioning the First Amendment. Freedom of religion is a right expressly granted by that amendment. Freedom of orientation is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution. Why then, when the positions of gays and Christians clash, do the gays get preference?
No, it's not a double standard. Floral arranging, photography, and baking are NOT "Christian" professions. Neither is a non-religious venue (meaning not a church) that offers itself as a possible site for weddings and/or receptions, yet there was a farm in upstate NY that ran afoul of our laws that state that, if you are offering yourself up as a business aimed at PUBLIC accommodation, you are not allowed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. That is NY STATE LAW, yet the people who owned this particular farm tried to do an end run around it. And they failed. Rightly so.

Quote:
“All New Yorkers are entitled to their own religious beliefs, but businesses cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation any more than they can based on race or national origin,” said Mariko Hirose of the New York Civil Liberties Union, lead counsel for the couple.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And you've never had someone scream and force you to marry someone of the same gender either.

That's not the same for plenty of LGBTQ people. Hence lies the difference.
Nonsense nobody has ever forced them to marry anyone.

Marriage is and has always been optional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies