Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 12:03 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Republicans continued to fight it. Fought it in the courts. Fought in the media. Still badmouthing it.

this garbage was signed into law by Obama with no republication votes, it is his mess 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 12:06 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He removed one of the mainstays of the law. That's why it is no longer the ACA, but Trumpcare.

He gave people an option, because that is so wrong, eh?

Old 01-27-2018, 12:07 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
This is a bunch of nonsense. I was one of the millions who had no access to insurance, which is why I know it's nonsense.

But be that as it may, someone asked how Obamacare turned into Trumpcare, and I explained how that was. Whether you liked the ACA or not, it was built on three pillars, all of which had to be there for it to function. Trump just removed one of those three pillars, which will make it unstable going forward. So it is no longer Obamacare.

By kicking out one leg of the three legged stool, he made it his own. He should have left it as it was if he didn't want to own it.
Ah yes, because it was perfectly fine that one of the "pillars" the ACA was built on was forcing Americans to buy insurance or pay a fine, in order to help pay for other people's health insurance. If that is one of the pillars the ACA was built on, then it should fail. I mean, I'm glad you were one of the people who benefited from the bill, but that doesn't mean everyone else is equally pleased with the outcome of the bill. Nor does that mean that Americans should continue to be forced to pay high health insurance prices in order to continue subsidizing your healthcare. And Jams, if you actually look at this from a non-partisan point of view, you might see that the changes made by our current president actually make the ACA stand on it's own. If it is meant to succeed, it should be able to do so without forcing people to take part. It seems to me that the leg you say was kicked out from under the ACA should have never been there in the first place. Forced compliance is no way to achieve success.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
He gave people an option, because that is so wrong, eh?
No, he removed one of the three principles that the law was built on. Whether you agree with this Republican idea of a mandate to enforce personal responsibility or you don't, the fact remains that the law was built upon it. You take it away and it will no longer function the way it was designed to function.

You agreeing or disagreeing with the mandate doesn't change the fact that it is necessary for the law to work.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:21 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
This is a bunch of nonsense. I was one of the millions who had no access to insurance, which is why I know it's nonsense.

But be that as it may, someone asked how Obamacare turned into Trumpcare, and I explained how that was. Whether you liked the ACA or not, it was built on three pillars, all of which had to be there for it to function. Trump just removed one of those three pillars, which will make it unstable going forward. So it is no longer Obamacare.

By kicking out one leg of the three legged stool, he made it his own. He should have left it as it was if he didn't want to own it.
It's not nonsense. Your not having access to care before Obamacare is irrelevant to what I posted..it has no effect on whether what I posted is true or not...and what I posted is true. Namely, before Obamacare, people could buy policies with 10k, 20k, etc deductibles...and now we can't, because the ACA doesn't allow it. Your not liking that FACT doesn't make it any less true.

Your reiteration of your previous post doesn't change the fact that Obama destroyed what we had before.

I get it. You don't like what existed before. I don't like Obamacare. I don't care that you don't like what existed before, and I'm sure you don't care that I don't like Obamacare.

In the end you will win. That was pretty much guaranteed when your savior signed the ACA/'Obamacare'. It probably would eventually collapse no matter what 'prop ups' would be implemented, and it will be politically untenable to not do anything, and the government will have to swoop in, which I imagine you will applaud, but some will see as a travesty.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:23 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,113,998 times
Quote:
No, he removed one of the three principles that the law was built on. Whether you agree with this Republican idea of a mandate to enforce personal responsibility or you don't, the fact remains that the law was built upon it. You take it away and it will no longer function the way it was designed to function.

You agreeing or disagreeing with the mandate doesn't change the fact that it is necessary for the law to work.
Yes, the program partially worked on the backs of those whom could not afford the program. The mandate was to insure that the mandate monies would be afforded to partially fund a poorly devised program.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:26 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
When are the Republicans going to make a great healthcare plan like they and Trump promised?
When are all Americans going to be covered as obama promised?

Old 01-27-2018, 12:28 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course rates will go up under Trump. He did everything in his power to make sure few people would sign up for the ACA by shortening the sign up time period; refusing to provide information as to what the time period was; killing the mandate.
230% under obama in Alabama...

Old 01-27-2018, 12:28 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sorry mistyped what I was trying to say lap full of dog. The government should go after the insurance companies and stop them from being able to charge what they do. The problem is that the insurance companies send lobbyist and because of that we won't see a change.
I cannot think of a better, more precious reason for a typing error .

I can't imagine what a world without dogs would be like.....and I don't EVER want to find out .

Old 01-27-2018, 12:33 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Actually your savior obama stated under his plan, all Americans will be covered (paraphrased)? What happened?

WHEN/WHERE did I ever refer to Obama as anything but average at best? Perhaps thinking about Obama puts the word savior in your head.

So stop your BS and admit your little petulant manchild Trump has utterly failed to come close to making good on his often made promise. Or will you just continue to lap up the continual stream of Fake News! from the White House, America's greatest source of Fake News!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies