Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:34 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

The only thing I would change is that Emergency Rooms are not required to treat those without paid up insurance. You make the choice to go without insurance, then tough tomatoes. You pay the price.
The only way this would work would be to make it illegal for the uninsured to approach an ER. Because once they show it is our obligation to treat true emergencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Oh, so Trump finally got his healthcare reform bill through Congress? Hmmmm, I hadn't heard, and I even checked CNN.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

If your child is on your insurance until 26, other than being in school, then there is something else wrong...
This law went into effect just as my daughter moved to CA for her job. No HC carrier would take her due to pre-existing. The new law saved her as she was able to get on our policy until CA Obamacare took hold.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:37 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Trumpcare numbers for 2019 are looking at a 30% increases in insurance costs

So much winning ...

Old 01-27-2018, 08:38 AM

66 posts, read 31,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The first projections for Trumpcare 2019 are in: Expect rate increases of up to 30%

Looks like he has a great healthcare plan. Actually the interesting thing thats pointed out is that this will impact those making 4X the poverty limit, as the subsidies will shelter the poorer folks.

2019 will be the first time we see the impacts of the war on the ACA. Will it really be 30% as the study estimates? Barring some changes I can see that occurring.
Calling it Trumpcare doesn't change that it's Obamacare and has been since 2009.
And premiums have increased dramatically since it's inception..more than our old insurance plans.

And what is worse is that there is no "old insurance" plans to go back to.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
First off its Obama care not Trump care. The difference is that you will not be FORCED to buy it. Millions will choose not to purchase health insurance. If premiums go up then so be it. In fact for millions of people a catastrophic plan would be more than fine.
Trump is president and did away with the mandate. It now belongs to Trump.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tams3757 View Post
Calling it Trumpcare doesn't change that it's Obamacare and has been since 2009.
And premiums have increased dramatically since it's inception..more than our old insurance plans.
What has changed is this administration has been deliberately sabotaging the program, seeking to yield these very results.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:42 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is so great not to be forced to have health insurance. I don't know about you, but I really value my right to go bankrupt if I get seriously ill!
You need to be forced to limit your liabilities?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,784 times
Liberals, never thinking about anything, but they do know their masters talking points.
The mandate is gone, and somehow that means that now those on O-care can't get insured now? That is going to crash the system? That is going to raise rates?

I have some news from the real world, the one out here where real people have jobs and don't live in their parents basement until age 26. We looked into the exchange, and found that a bronze plan, which was essentially catastrophic care was $800 a month, but our generous subsidy would cover $14 of that. That was for one person, that was not affordable. So we signed up for one of the Christian sharing plans for $45 a month and didn't pay into the system so you bunch of pill poppers with a doctor habit and opioid addiction didn't have access to our money. We weren't alone. O-Care was not affordable for middle income folks, end of story, despite what you have been told in your talking points.

It's odd how X=Y in the liberal agitprop universe. Hobby Lobby and the nuns wouldn't cover birth control and we were told that women no longer had access to it. No, they could spend $4 a month at WalMart to get the pill, they could buy what they needed in the open market, they could go to Banned Parenthood, they could pull out, but they still could obtain it without Hobby Lobby or the nuns paying for it. The mandate is gone so now the X=Y is that Trump says you can't sign up for the exchange or get health insurance at all. No, it means you aren't forced to do what many of us did anyway, not pay into the system. We are no longer taxed on our existence. I know that freedom is a threat to those who want the government to forcibly take from us and give to you what you can't earn for yourself, and somehow we are the greedy ones, you folks need to fix your math. Trump finally has the red pencil to cross out your twisted equations.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tams3757 View Post

And what is worse is that there is no "old insurance" plans to go back to.
It is Trump's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7PcuWkZpU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies