Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 12:34 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I cannot think of a better, more precious reason for a typing error .

I can't imagine what a world without dogs would be like.....and I don't EVER want to find out .

Same here, I took her for a hike this morning and now she want's to be right next to me partly because mommy is gone until tomorrow. So she needs attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, he removed one of the three principles that the law was built on. Whether you agree with this Republican idea of a mandate to enforce personal responsibility or you don't, the fact remains that the law was built upon it. You take it away and it will no longer function the way it was designed to function.

because giving people options is bad, I get it.

The thing didnt function to start with(this is where I expect you to come back with blah blah x # million more covered blah blah rates were still increasing), but now you arent FORCED to buy if you dont want it

Old 01-27-2018, 12:40 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHEN/WHERE did I ever refer to Obama as anything but average at best?

So stop your BS and admit your little petulant manchild Trump has utterly failed to come close to making good on his often made promise. Or will you just continue to lap up the continual stream of Fake News! from the White House, America's greatest source of Fake News!?
You support him and think what ever he has done is the best. This is why you are in all these threads supporting obama. Call it what you want, I'll call it what I want. Just as you call trump the man-child.

Obama, who you clearly support also stated that all Americans would be covered under his plan. I noticed you failed to respond to that, why? Could it be that if you told the truth, you'd have to be honest?

I lap nothing, sorry, maybe you should stop listening to CNN, MSNBC, or NBC and actually look around at what is really happening?

Old 01-27-2018, 12:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
because giving people options is bad, I get it.

The thing didnt function to start with(this is where I expect you to come back with blah blah x # million more covered blah blah rates were still increasing), but now you arent FORCED to buy if you dont want it
You build a stool with three legs. You remove one of the legs. The stool is no longer stable.

I can't make it any more simple for you than that. Most people with even a modicum of intelligence are able to grasp the concept. If you are unable to, there's not anything I can do to help you.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:49 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
You build a stool with three legs. You remove one of the legs. The stool is no longer stable.

I can't make it any more simple for you than that. Most people with even a modicum of intelligence are able to grasp the concept. If you are unable to, there's not anything I can do to help you.
I am not "most people" I far exceed "most people" on the intelligence scale, but good job on trying to make it personal.

The bad legislation simply didnt work to start with.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I am not "most people" I far exceed "most people" on the intelligence scale
Yes, you're just another "very stable genius," who can't grasp the concept of a three legged stool.

Last edited by JAMS14; 01-27-2018 at 01:02 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 01:04 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Same here, I took her for a hike this morning and now she want's to be right next to me partly because mommy is gone until tomorrow. So she needs attention.
Awww .

I dogsat for a female relative when she was out of the country for a couple of weeks. That dog loved me second most in the world, but I didn't completely cut it as a substitute for 'mommy' . After about the fourth day, his sadness leveled off/didn't get any worse....but he didn't really revive until she returned, when he immediately 'became his old self again'.

I've long loved three bumper stickers:

1. (which I see often) A paw, with the question 'Who saved who?' written inside

2. (which I haven't seen in a LONG time)...I can't remember the exact wording...but it's something like 'I try to be the person my dog thinks I am'

and

3. Dog Is My Co-Pilot

A few days ago I saw a new one...

The background was white, and the lettering black and pink...DOGMOM....DOG in black, and MOM in pink, with a black paw print in the middle of the O in MOM .

Old 01-27-2018, 01:04 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,275 times
Quote:

So, you are stating that the Obamacare program could only work if certain individuals, who are not able to afford to opt in or choose not to opt in, are fined and forced to pay penalties . . . Your so called third leg of the stool.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
So, you are stating that the Obamacare program could only work if certain individuals, who are not able to afford to opt in or choose not to opt in, are fined and forced to pay penalties . . . Your so called third leg of the stool.
It's what the Republicans who crafted the idea in the '90s termed personal responsibility--everybody has to have some skin in the game. Remember when Republicans used to pretend to stand for that?

Old 01-27-2018, 01:16 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Brilliant, the mess that was Obamacare is now Trumpcare!!!!!

Trump is now POTUS, I guess he owns it...........all if fair in love, war and politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies