Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:49 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times

Advertisements

Yes he is a bad guy, though I doubt he favors Trump. (Hillary tried to bribe him with OUR uranium.) It's more that he makes people that speak out against him "disappear" (something he shares in common with the Clintons, though he's worse) and also because he hurt religious freedom by greatly restricting all but the Russian Orthodox Church.

So, not a big fan of him. The only sort of alliance I could see with him is to join up to get rid of our common enemy: Soros and the UN.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:51 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
What is not to like about this guy? Just look at him here. What a man's man!

Old 01-27-2018, 08:54 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Putin is a bad guy. Obama never seemed to think so, he knew Putin was hacking our elections since 2015 but did nothing about it.
I really don’t think Obama didn’t see Putin as a threat. I do think he was a better poker player than our current president.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 AM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
As No_Recess said, he is a politician like the rest of them. Russia is just like America. It has the same power structure, it has the same institutions, it has the same interests.
It's arrantly astonishing that the above view at all enjoys widespread endorsement in modern America.

Regardless of the level of corruption or insidious dealings in American politics, it's nothing like the situation in Russia. Russia never had a functioning democracy, and Russian culture takes a dim view of the very idea that "democracy" is a rational or attainable situation. Putin rules Russia, less from direct threats or impositions, than from a cult of personality, where he is seen as the only option, the only serious solution to a raft of problems. It's not that Russians are incapable of self-government, but rather, that the plurality view is that self-government inevitably degenerates into something chaotic and vile. Thus, Putin... the anti-Gorbachev, and even more importantly, the anti-Brezhnev.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:58 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Yes, I think Putin, and the Russian leadership are the enemy. They are certainly not our friends, and never have been. They hate us, and Trump because we are now allowing our fossil fuel energy to really compete with theirs, and it is hurting the only thing they care about. Their oil, and natural gas revenue.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:01 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So because you have never personally met them you have no opinion on Hitler or Charles Manson?

Good grief, what a stupid position to take. You do not need to have met someone to have enough information to form an opinion. Now you need to be convinced that Vlad Putin is a bad guy given all we know of him? Are you serious?

Donald Trump has caused you to think completely irrationally.
I've read Hilter's book and done a little more research on him, making it a little easier to ascertain an opinion despite never having met him or knowing anyone personally who did. I can't say the same for Putin although my instinct would be to distrust him based on his background and his country's history. The Russians have always seen themselves as an adversary to the US even dating back to WW2 era and I suppose nothing has changed.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:02 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Yes he is a bad guy, though I doubt he favors Trump. (Hillary tried to bribe him with OUR uranium.)
Nonsense.

Everyone knows a lie repeated often enough becomes true ... NOT! ... it's still a lie.

We are actually NET IMPORTERS of uranium from Russia. Our Uranium just isn't that good. The whole story is a 'trumped up' bogus hoax perpetrated on the people who trust the fake news generators the most: right wing Trumplodytes and Tea Partyers.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
Yes, he is ex KGB one of the most ruthless groups in the world backed by a world power. History can tell you that.

The last statement in this article says it all.
https://www.politico.com/story/2014/...ukraine-104277

It's all the "..." dialogue thats cut out that I need to see too. When I see that a lot I know it has been censured to fit their story of what is the truth.
https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rob.../18/id/764531/

In the end it is an ugly world and we are only getting an extremely diluted truth. None of it is fake news, just manipulated to fit the authors opinion. You have to read everything and do your own research to piece the truth together along with a touch of common sense

Old 01-27-2018, 09:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
The line seems to be pretty starkly drawn here. Rational and logical thoughts then we have radical kneejerk thoughts tinged by emotion.

Putin's a politician. Not the best of breeds humanity has produced in our time.

The good thing for Russia is that at least he gives a silly assed damn about his country. Unlike some I know.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:09 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Never met the guy and don't personally know anyone who has, so anything I think I know about him is hearsay at best. So who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So because you have never personally met them you have no opinion on Hitler or Charles Manson?

Good grief, what a stupid position to take. You do not need to have met someone to have enough information to form an opinion. Now you need to be convinced that Vlad Putin is a bad guy given all we know of him? Are you serious?

Donald Trump has caused you to think completely irrationally.
Cult 45 will twist themselves into depravity to defend anything related to Trump and his Russian cronies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies