Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 01:05 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He's a stone cold killer. Former KGB. Rose to power by bombing a building and blaming it on the Muslims ( as if they needed any encouragement). Poisoned at least two or three people with polonium. Locks up or " disappears" dissidents including girl band ***** riot.

Great guy. Think I'll have him over for dinner. He'd be ill-advised to drink the proffered wine though.
This opinion would be unanimous if not for the Russian collusion investigation.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:41 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
George Bush was speaking to Colin Powell after meeting Putin for the first time and and the ever-friendly Bush said " When I looked into his eyes I saw his soul." General Powell replied, " All due respect sir, but when I looked into his eyes, I saw the KGB"

Old 01-28-2018, 01:52 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
I think he is as "bad" (a value judgement there) as Trump. However, he is more autocratic and not as constrained by his government nor as beholden to outside forces as Trump.

In that respect, he has a lot more power over Russia's resources, economic and military. More dangerous in terms of influence for that reason.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:29 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
True.

Still not easy....Navalny was just arrested.
Navalny is in a very tough spot at this point in time.
To begin with - he is not a very popular politician among Russians.
So once he was barred from participating in elections, he was calling for the boycott of elections.
However the guy that the CPRF ( and the rest of the "left") have appointed for presidential race, is taking a lot of Navalny's voters in his camp, since he is rooting for small-medium business as well. And the left are calling people to get out and vote, warning that "if you don't vote, your bulletins will be used by Putin."
So all this makes Navalny desperate, and that's why he is asking for trouble, bringing HIS followers on the streets. He is already playing va banque from what I can see...

Old 01-28-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
don't care what he does inside of russian. I don't like his foreign policy. He's in America's way.

He invaded ukraine. prevents europe from being united. May support north korea. he may be helping the taliban.

On syria..I'm ok with him killing jihadis but that's it.

And America has to have its way around the world exactly why?

Old 01-28-2018, 02:35 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I don’t really know that much about him, but my impression of him is that he is an old guard assassin. I don’t trust him in the slightest.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:38 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,738,090 times
Yes!!!!!

Old 01-28-2018, 02:44 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think he's a Russian Nationalist in the same way Trump is an American Nationalist. I've got nothing against Putin in fact, if it were actually true that he helped elect Trump, I would thank him.
Good grief.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:20 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Navalny is in a very tough spot at this point in time.
To begin with - he is not a very popular politician among Russians.
So once he was barred from participating in elections, he was calling for the boycott of elections.
However the guy that the CPRF ( and the rest of the "left") have appointed for presidential race, is taking a lot of Navalny's voters in his camp, since he is rooting for small-medium business as well. And the left are calling people to get out and vote, warning that "if you don't vote, your bulletins will be used by Putin."
So all this makes Navalny desperate, and that's why he is asking for trouble, bringing HIS followers on the streets. He is already playing va banque from what I can see...
So - he engineered his own arrest? Is that the bill of goods you're peddling?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - he engineered his own arrest? Is that the bill of goods you're peddling?
Yes, that's the bill of goods I am peddling more or less.
Navalny already knows that he has no chance to run for president, he knows that his support is not all that big, and he won't get any reinforcement from the "left" forces as it used to be before. Because he already betrayed Sergey Udaltsov, who stood with him side by side during previous protests. ( Udaltsov talked about it all, once he was set free from jail where he spent few years.)
So why Navalny even bothers?
It's obvious that his actions will do no good to anyone, since the biggest part of Putin's opposition is running the election campaign the legal way, and calling people to vote, against Navalny's appeals to ignore the elections.

Therefore why is he there, instigating the mass protest, for anything other than *engineering his own arrest?*
But then, again, may be his American overseers are paying him for these actions?
I really don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies