Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 03:40 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wray is the head of the FBI. Where would you like for it to come from that would be more FBI than his statement?
Mulder and Scully

Old 01-31-2018, 03:41 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
People keep asking Devin Nunes, "Did you work with the White House on "The Memo" you wrote?" His answer: silence. He won't deny it. Which means he probably did work with Trump's lawyers to craft a memo to trash the FBI and to protect Trump.

Nunes is actively obstructing justice to protect Trump. He is totally abusing his position as head of the House intelligence committee.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-anti-fbi-memo
BUSTED FAKE NEWS

They just changed their headline after being caught putting out fake news.

They just changed their story after the transcripts were released.

Nunes did answer the question, he answered, no.

There is so much misinformation being put out right now you have to verify everything.

Do you guys seen why I was asking about the FBI statement earlier.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:46 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Do you guys seen why I was asking about the FBI statement earlier.
Did you "seen" when I asked this question earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How do we know the FBI has abused the FISA system? You seem to be really big on evidence, so what evidence supports that assertion?
Show us the evidence, sir.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:47 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
This is verifiable false.

Nunes answered the question, he answered the question, no.

There is so much misinformation going on right now, you need to verify everything.

Here is the transcript of the committee meeting.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG...t-20180129.pdf
No, he answered the question: "As far as I know, no."
Since he's making the case for the last 12 months that he's a total imbecile, that 'as far as I know' comment is a good out for him.

He either did or he didn't, anything else is trying to cover his ass for when it's revealed that he did.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
This is verifiable false.

Nunes answered the question, he answered the question, no.

There is so much misinformation going on right now, you need to verify everything.

Here is the transcript of the committee meeting.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG...t-20180129.pdf
Interesting document. And the reading of it is quite educational. Apparently there is a lot of classified info in this document. No wonder the FBI is concerned. Even the people in that committee are concerned. And as they point out doing it like this will cause serious issues for them as apparently it breaks the agreement to not release classified data.

But to the point. Nunes has refused to make that statement in public. But he has made it to the committee. I suspect lying to the committee would be something he thought he could get away with. But clearly he has denied it....sooooo if it turns out to be untrue...what will the consequence be?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:51 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wray is the head of the FBI. Where would you like for it to come from that would be more FBI than his statement?
I want to hear it from Hoover.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:55 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Did you "seen" when I asked this question earlier?

Show us the evidence, sir.
We covered this many times on here already, I thought this was common knowledge.

The NSA caught the FBI conducting widespread authorized accessing of the FISA data base.

The FISA court found that the illegal spying was willful, and deliberate.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3495...itical-Enemies

Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
We covered this many times on here already, I thought this was common knowledge.

The NSA caught the FBI conducting widespread authorized accessing of the FISA data base.

The FISA court found that the illegal spying was willful, and deliberate.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3495...itical-Enemies
The link won't open for me. Do you care to copy and paste relevant excerpts?

Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
The link won't open for me. Do you care to copy and paste relevant excerpts?
Its a scanned file thats in pdf form. I doubt he can very easily. Could run it through a OCR I suppose...

But I'd try and figure out why it doesn't open-it is in fact fairly interesting to read, and if you read it you can see just how much nonsense this whole thing is.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
But I'd try and figure out why it doesn't open-it is in fact fairly interesting to read, and if you read it you can see just how much nonsense this whole thing is.
Does it have to do with unmasking and the recorded Flynn conversations with Kislyak? Here's an article making that claim.

Quote:
FNC's Tucker Carlson looks at the story claiming that former Obama administration national security adviser Susan Rice spied on Donald Trump's transition team - and lied about it. He says it is probably legal for her to have done so, but it shows our government has no serious protection against surveillance of American citizens.

"Let's drop the silly euphamisms," he said. "Monitoring the communications of your political opponents, and then trampling measures designed to protect their identities, isn't 'incidental collection' and it isn't regular above-the-board behavior, it is spying. IT probably wasn't illegal, in fact, U.S. law gives tremendous latitude to intelligence agencies to surveil Americans, as well as to the White House where officials there claim they need to see this information and pass it along to other parts of government."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._election.html

Sen. Richard Burr (R) already said the "unmasking" controversy was a non-controversy and Republicans have not really talked much about it since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies