Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 02:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Is liberty dying in this country?

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1076385-ohio...ave-classroom/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
He had the option of alternative study hall, where he should have gone if he chose not to participate in the walkout.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:51 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
He had the option of alternative study hall, where he should have gone if he chose not to participate in the walkout.

mmmm...yes.. The spin put on this is interesting. They're claiming he violated school policy and protocol. And the ones who walked out? From where I'm seeing things those students also violated policy and protocol in a far more blatant manner.

The way I see this suspending this kid is making a statement that the school is supporting the political agenda the walkers and they wanted to make an example. Yea yea, I know. It's trendy to support these student walkouts.

However not everyone feels so. I am one of the latter. The student in question here is correct in his take. Many of the students who walked out did so just because it's an excuse to skip class plus if someone doesn't stand with these walkers they WILL face retaliation. This has been proven over and over. This walkout business is totally out of control.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Looks like School Policy is NOT EDUCATION, it Political Agenda of the Teacchers & Staff.
It was a school day, the student had every right to expect to be in school and not forced into a Political Protest.

What next? Brown Shirts & Arm Bands?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:07 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
We had kids get LOP for leaving school grounds. They all acted shocked. They were warned.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:09 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
I have never seen anything like this. During Vietnam, and other protests, students violated school policy, took over administrative buildings, and did other things that were UNAUTHORIZED, and against the rules because they believed in something.

Now, the school, teachers unions, Bloomberg, and Soros anti legal gun groups fund, and encourage a protest to advance the Democrat agenda. It is purely partisan, and a huge conflict of interest. The students should have protested after school, or over the weekend, and not on school grounds, with school support.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:11 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,742 times
He had Option A or Option B. He chose Option C, and that's why he got in trouble. He wanted to make a point, and he should be happy to pay the price since he made the choice. In many schools, walking out came with a penalty. Many others made alternate activities. Whatever the rule of the school was, students who didn't comply should be punished according to policy.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:18 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have never seen anything like this. During Vietnam, and other protests, students violated school policy, took over administrative buildings, and did other things that were UNAUTHORIZED, and against the rules because they believed in something.

Now, the school, teachers unions, Bloomberg, and Soros anti legal gun groups fund, and encourage a protest to advance the Democrat agenda. It is purely partisan, and a huge conflict of interest. The students should have protested after school, or over the weekend, and not on school grounds, with school support.

Wouldn't let me rep you but +1 and Amen. And what really frosts me is that the same folks who would throw a fit over a student wearing a Christian T shirt or reading the Bible on school grounds are howling in support of a political agenda being taken up on school time.

I find the whole thing leaving a bad taste in my mouth....That is how I see it....

Old 03-16-2018, 03:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
The teacher being paid to teach in the classroom leaves to lead a protest and the kid gets suspended? This country is going down like the titanic.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
I may have missed it, but where do they state there was the option of going to a study hall?

The way I read it - they're correct in saying a school cannot leave anyone unattended in the building. However, they should have offered another option on the form itself, stating that students who didn't wish to participate could gather in the auditorium or library or wherever where there would be an assigned teacher to oversee them while they studied or did homework.

Unless I'm missing something I didn't see any mention of another option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies