Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:33 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, you're missing the point. The alternative study hall would still have been supporting the walkout. He wasn't going to do that. He stayed in class. That was his point. He wasn't going to choose either option because both were in support of something he disagrees with.

He did the right thing.
He was the TRUE protester. The others were just complying with the GOVERNMENT mandate (government run schools) to do the government's bidding. They were no more protesters than Hitler's Brown Shirts were protesters.

In the 60's, and 70's students actually protested against the government. Now they are working FOR the government, and protesting against THE PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 06:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
mmmm...yes.. The spin put on this is interesting. They're claiming he violated school policy and protocol. And the ones who walked out? From where I'm seeing things those students also violated policy and protocol in a far more blatant manner.

The way I see this suspending this kid is making a statement that the school is supporting the political agenda the walkers and they wanted to make an example. Yea yea, I know. It's trendy to support these student walkouts.

However not everyone feels so. I am one of the latter. The student in question here is correct in his take. Many of the students who walked out did so just because it's an excuse to skip class plus if someone doesn't stand with these walkers they WILL face retaliation. This has been proven over and over. This walkout business is totally out of control.
Agree. This student was suspended for refusing "to follow instructions." He didn't want to make any political statement at all. So he stayed in class.

Walking out of class, whether to study hall or going outside was the same thing. He disagreed with it.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He was in class where he was supposed to be. He shouldn’t be forced to go to study hall because his teacher is out protesting.
LOL!!!

Yes, he should listen to his teacher or suffer the consequences. He was given a CLEAR choice...protest or not. Neither of which would have lead to suspension. He chose his hill to die on by NOT listening.

Would you be upset if a kid got suspended for walking out after being told not to?

My kids have my complete support in walking out next month (April 20). If they get suspended, then so be it. They know the consequences. But sometimes you have to suffer the consequences to stand up for what you believe in.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL!!!

Yes, he should listen to his teacher or suffer the consequences. He was given a CLEAR choice...protest or not. Neither of which would have lead to suspension. He chose his hill to die on by NOT listening.

Would you be upset if a kid got suspended for walking out after being told not to?

My kids have my complete support in walking out next month (April 20). If they get suspended, then so be it. They know the consequences. But sometimes you have to suffer the consequences to stand up for what you believe in.
This is the first time I have ever heard about someone getting suspended for not "protesting".

Old 03-17-2018, 06:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He was the TRUE protester. The others were just complying with the GOVERNMENT mandate (government run schools) to do the government's bidding. They were no more protesters than Hitler's Brown Shirts were protesters.

In the 60's, and 70's students actually protested against the government. Now they are working FOR the government, and protesting against THE PEOPLE.
The teachers union is an extreme Leftist organization. That's all you need to know about this. This wasn't organized by students ...it was organized by teachers and their union.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The teachers union is an extreme Leftist organization. That's all you need to know about this. This wasn't organized by students ...it was organized by teachers and their union.
Public sector unions (which we pay for through taxes) are some of the largest Democrat Donors, and supporters in the country. The American Federation of Teachers, the National Education Association are some of the largest, not to mention other public unions like SEIU, and AFSCME. Huge, conflict of interest. They are just segments of big government, and the big government agenda.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Agree. This student was suspended for refusing "to follow instructions." He didn't want to make any political statement at all. So he stayed in class.

Walking out of class, whether to study hall or going outside was the same thing. He disagreed with it.
That's usually how it works.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:55 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is the first time I have ever heard about someone getting suspended for not "protesting".
That's NOT why he was suspended. He had a choice to walk out or go to a study hall. For safety's sake, many schools posted teachers near the students walking out--whether they supported it or not. So, the remaining students were instructed to go to a central location where they could ALSO provide supervision for safety's sake. This student failed to comply with the instructions he was given.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He was suspended for not listening to his teacher.

Totally normal to get suspended for not listening to your teacher.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He was suspended for not listening to his teacher.

Totally normal to get suspended for not listening to your teacher.
You mean indoctrinated government worker, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies