Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Sen. Kennedy, R-LA comments on the 1.2T omnibus bill was funny but tragic also because he's right.

“The whole process sucks. I think whoever designed this isn’t qualified to run a food truck.”
Kennedy claimed that senators would “probably get a memo on it tomorrow written in Swahili.”
“This is a Great Dane-sized whiz down the leg of every taxpayer,”
Kennedy continued. “Everyone who participates in this process ought to put a bag over their heads.”

With $1.2T omnibus bill topping 2,200 pages, Congress needs CliffsNotes | Fox News

Tragic because what is the point in voting GOP when they give the farm away to Dems who are quite happy with the bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...days-away.html

Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.
In contrast, the conservative House Freedom Caucus said all 32 of its members would vote unanimously against the bill.

Last edited by phma; 03-21-2018 at 11:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 AM

I wasn't the only one laughing.

Reps. Mark Meadows and Raja Krishnamoorthi discuss the omnibus spending bill.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/575596403...in-budget-deal

Old 03-22-2018, 02:47 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
-------the conservative House Freedom Caucus said all 32 of its members would vote unanimously against the bill.

That would be one large, positive factor, in looking favorably at this bill. Not that I like it, especially since I don't know what's in it. Do any members of congress actually know what all is in it?

Old 03-22-2018, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That would be one large, positive factor, in looking favorably at this bill. Not that I like it, especially since I don't know what's in it. Do any members of congress actually know what all is in it?
The way it appears to be working is they will be briefed on what is in it. None of the rank and file congressmen received it in time to be able to read it. That broke a promise by leadership that bills will be read before a vote is required.
It's basically a back room deal designed by leadership of both parties or in other words collusion. Where have we heard that word before.
There is no way to logically explain it otherwise when Schumer is getting money for his NY to NJ tunnel and Trump's gets nothing for the wall like he recently inspected in San Diego. IMO
There is 1.6 billion, for what they say, is for the wall, but it's not the new style wall. Its repair and replacement or some kind of BS wall.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/575599024...-spending-bill

My personal opinion I would rather see the government shut down and make them redo it with regular order. If this bill passes that will be the day that can be marked down as the day the country was lost to the communist left. It will kill turnout for the GOP in the coming election.
There would be no reason to walk across the street to vote GOP. That's my prediction.

Last edited by phma; 03-22-2018 at 04:13 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 04:44 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Trump better take a stand and VETO this bill!

Everything he was elected on has been thrown out in this bill, and wimp republicans are going along with it. It iS A DREAM BILL FOR THE DEMS..
There's basically no wall funding, instead the same amount asked for the wall,goes to a bridge infrastructure connection plan for Nj/NY.

There's no increase funding for more border patrol or border security., deportation officers, and deportation facilities.

There's complete funding for Planned parenthood which spends much of their money on anti-Republican ads.

There's complete normal funding for sanctuary cities.

Etc etc etc -- it's a big Christmas present for the democrats. The only thing the Rs got was increased military funding.

Not what the voters asked for and the RINO republicans don't care.

Last edited by mountainrose; 03-22-2018 at 04:59 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 04:49 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
My personal opinion I would rather see the government shut down and make them redo it with regular order. If this bill passes that will be the day that can be marked down as the day the country was lost to the communist left. It will kill turnout for the GOP in the coming election.
There would be no reason to walk across the street to vote GOP. That's my prediction.
I totally agree.
If the Rs pass this, and Trump doesn't veto this, I will not vote for another incompetent idiot wimp R in the midterms. These guys are just unbelievable......

Old 03-22-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Trump better take a stand and VETO this bill!

Everything he was elected on has been thrown out in this bill, and wimp republicans are going along with it. It iS A DREAM BILL FOR THE DEMS..
There's basically no wall funding, instead the same amount asked for the wall,goes to a bridge infrastructure connection plan for Nj/NY.

There's no increase funding for more border patrol or border security.

There's complete funding for Planned parenthood which spends much of their money on anti-Republican ads.

There's complete normal funding for sanctuary cities.

Etc etc etc -- it's a big Christmas present for the democrats. The only thing the Rs got was increased military funding.

Not what the voters asked for and the RINO republicans don't care.
After the election many people said Ryan and McConnell would torpedo Trump.

That's just what they did with this bill. They were anti-Trump all along.

You are right if Trump signs this bill he's done.
Long time before the election and something unexpected could happen but if it doesn't I don't see much of a turnout for the GOP.
They can't run like republicans, get elected and govern like democrats.
GOP voters have had enough of that.
Trump got slapped in the face on the wall. There is specific language that prevents the wall. Its basically a fence. The deal killer for me is continued funding of sanctuary city/states.

Last edited by phma; 03-22-2018 at 05:06 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 05:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Tragic because what is the point in voting GOP when they give the farm away to Dems who are quite happy with the bill.
That is the question for you to answer.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Sen. Kennedy, R-LA comments on the 1.2T omnibus bill was funny but tragic also because he's right.

“The whole process sucks. I think whoever designed this isn’t qualified to run a food truck.”
Kennedy claimed that senators would “probably get a memo on it tomorrow written in Swahili.”
“This is a Great Dane-sized whiz down the leg of every taxpayer,”
Kennedy continued. “Everyone who participates in this process ought to put a bag over their heads.”

With $1.2T omnibus bill topping 2,200 pages, Congress needs CliffsNotes | Fox News

GOP posts text of $1.3T spending bill with shutdown deadline days away | Fox News

Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.
In contrast, the conservative House Freedom Caucus said all 32 of its members would vote unanimously against the bill.

What's the point in voting GOP when they automatically agree to give MORE! MORE! MORE! to an already bloated military budget to a DoD with little/no oversight and the only major government department to have never been audited?

They need to be funded to defend the country, NOT for asinine wars of choice for things like regime change which the Constitution does not task us to do.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is the question for you to answer.
Its a statement not a question. Learn the difference and the knowledge will be your answer.

The punctuation is correct. Notice no "?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies