Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:05 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
We had a guy in 2008 and 2012 who would've done that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY
The military budget was around $520B because of automatic cuts, we did slowly withdraw from Afghanistan and Iraq under Obama. But we still have good old Gitmo although that cost is minor. A jump to $719B without any other cuts is rather significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 12:05 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
ok.

nobody posted anything from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, or CBS.
Just pointing out the fact that literally no corporate mainstream media outlet is credible.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:15 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Just heard Ryan say they will be allocating money for The Wall in every budget every year. This budget is for six months only and he said he wanted to get the wall started now. Okay, let's see if that happens. I will withhold my rage!
Hard to tell what's really going on.
I want to believe it, but if they don't get the big wall project going and crack down
on sanctuary cities and increase border security by midterm elections, then the Rs are out big time. I won't even bother to vote. And most of the R base will have given up on these phonies.

Whatever happened to e-verify -- a simple solution to deterring illegals?

And what made Rs cave and give $32 billion for a NJ tunnel??!

Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I want to believe it, but if they don't get the big wall project going and crack down
on sanctuary cities and increase border security by midterm elections, then the Rs are out big time. I won't even bother to vote. And most of the R base will have given up on these phonies.
You are right. That's why I'm confident the wall is dead. The Republicans had two years to get it going, but they failed to do so in 2017 or 2018. Next year the Congressional makeup will be different and they will have lost their window. Which tells me the majority of Republicans in Congress never wanted the wall to begin with. They just gave lip service to it to keep Trump happy.

Quote:
The million dollar question that no one will talk about. Much cheaper and more effective than a wall, but little Donnie wants his monument to himself, and e-verify isn't showy enough for him.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:

Schumer gets his tunnel but Trump gets a pittance on the wall and told it has to be a fence.

There is no way for Ryan and McConnell to explain that. None. They must be tired after being the majority for less than two years.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Schumer gets his tunnel but Trump gets a pittance on the wall and told it has to be a fence.

There is no way for Ryan and McConnell to explain that. None.
Probably because the tunnel has an actual, real and practical use and purpose, and the wall is just a boondoggle.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:31 PM

267 posts, read 122,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
WTH are you singling out my post? I was responding to/agreeing with PilgrimsProgress' complaint against members of congress who have been there 30 plus years and keep passing the same junk all the time, even though every election they say "this time we're going to fix it".

The US Congress is corrupt and contemptible.

What part of that is unclear to you?
The part where you think it’s “junk” when you have no idea what the bill says. You just say that because someone said so. If you don’t know what you want on that bill, how can you expect them “to fix it”? What is or is not in that bill that makes it junk?

Old 03-22-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
See post # 50 you won't find it on CNN or any of the communist publication you may frequent.

I have a question maybe you can answer.
Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.

What are the many middle class priorities Schumer is referring too ?
Your #50 post doesn’t say anything about the content of the bill. I’m not surprised. You people just talk withou knowledge of the bill claiming is bad but when I ask you what part is bad in that bill I get no answers.

I can’t answer your question because my knowledge of the bill is limited. However I’m not going around claiming the bill is good or bad. All I know is that 700 billion for military spending sounds like way too much.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:

EXACTLY. E-verify is a simple, inexpensive solution. Add it in to renting if you want to really push the issue. 1/1000th the cost of the wall, and about 100X more effective.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:

It’s not 32 billion. It’s 540 million. Learn some math
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies