Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,799 times

Advertisements

Ominous days ahead for all.

Already Trump is talking of a coming "Arms Race" with several other nations. Ironically, he did say quite a bit about "Ending Wars Abroad and No More Intervention" during his campaign speeches. What we get instead is a U.S military about to embark on a global campaign of involvement in virtually every conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 12:50 PM

267 posts, read 122,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Schumer gets his tunnel but Trump gets a pittance on the wall and told it has to be a fence.

There is no way for Ryan and McConnell to explain that. None. They must be tired after being the majority for less than two years.
As expected you didn’t even realize that figure is way off. Can you count past 50?

You are just a conservative troll with no substance probably posting from Macedonia, Russia or Poland.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Probably because the tunnel has an actual, real and practical use and purpose, and the wall is just a boondoggle.
That's just bias opinion. No problem we won't be in agreement on most things.
The tunnel will never effect me in anyway. The wall would have an effect on the entire country.

I'll ask you the same question I as earlier and never got an answer too and look forward to an answer.

Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.

What priorities for the many in the middle class did Schumer get ?

Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
That's just bias opinion. No problem we won't be in agreement on most things.
The tunnel will never effect me in anyway. The wall would have an effect on the entire country.

I'll ask you the same question I as earlier and never got an answer too and look forward to an answer.

Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.

What priorities for the many in the middle class did Schumer get ?
I believe he was talking about things such as opioid crisis funding, rural broadband, a boost to the affordable housing tax credit, more funding for veterans hospitals, child care development block grants and something regarding student loans.

It's a big bill, so I'm sure more will start to trickle out as people get a chance to read it.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I believe he was talking about things such as opioid crisis funding, rural broadband, a boost to the affordable housing tax credit, more funding for veterans hospitals, child care development block grants and something regarding student loans.

It's a big bill, so I'm sure more will start to trickle out as people get a chance to read it.
OK, good. I hope you will post more when you find out about them.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The United States government is broken. Our processes are outdated and obsolete.

We the people need a reset button on how our elected officials allocate our tax money.
Yes, I agree. But how when the same people keep getting re-elected and the new blood blends right into the same old mold?

Old 03-22-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
Your #50 post doesn’t say anything about the content of the bill. I’m not surprised. You people just talk withou knowledge of the bill claiming is bad but when I ask you what part is bad in that bill I get no answers.

I can’t answer your question because my knowledge of the bill is limited. However I’m not going around claiming the bill is good or bad. All I know is that 700 billion for military spending sounds like way too much.
Unwilling to read the link or do anything to be informed without some spoon feeding won't get much sympathy around here
Sounds like but you don't know and that sounds like too.
More baseless accusations sounds like.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:43 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The military budget was around $520B because of automatic cuts, we did slowly withdraw from Afghanistan and Iraq under Obama. But we still have good old Gitmo although that cost is minor. A jump to $719B without any other cuts is rather significant.
$719 billion is $719 billion too much.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:45 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Ominous days ahead for all.

Already Trump is talking of a coming "Arms Race" with several other nations. Ironically, he did say quite a bit about "Ending Wars Abroad and No More Intervention" during his campaign speeches. What we get instead is a U.S military about to embark on a global campaign of involvement in virtually every conflict.
So he's following the Bush/Obama doctrine...

Old 03-22-2018, 06:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
It will kill turnout for the GOP in the coming election.
There would be no reason to walk across the street to vote GOP. That's my prediction.
Finally, you've become copecetic with my thinking. Hope you're correct on this. Maybe you don't realize this, but your post is very representative of the inevitable realization by republicans, that Trump and his cohorts are not at all of the same political party and are as much at odds with them, as they are with the Democrats. Trump has now, clearly identified himself as the enemy of us all, so what's the delay in giving him the boot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies