Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sen. Kennedy, R-LA comments on the 1.2T omnibus bill was funny but tragic also because he's right.

“The whole process sucks. I think whoever designed this isn’t qualified to run a food truck.”
Kennedy claimed that senators would “probably get a memo on it tomorrow written in Swahili.”
“This is a Great Dane-sized whiz down the leg of every taxpayer,”
Kennedy continued. “Everyone who participates in this process ought to put a bag over their heads.”

With $1.2T omnibus bill topping 2,200 pages, Congress needs CliffsNotes | Fox News

Tragic because what is the point in voting GOP when they give the farm away to Dems who are quite happy with the bill.

GOP posts text of $1.3T spending bill with shutdown deadline days away | Fox News

Democrats feel very good because so many of our priorities for the middle class were included," said Schumer.
In contrast, the conservative House Freedom Caucus said all 32 of its members would vote unanimously against the bill.
Vote Ryan out as leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 06:26 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
After the election many people said Ryan and McConnell would torpedo Trump.

That's just what they did with this bill. They were anti-Trump all along.

You are right if Trump signs this bill he's done.
Long time before the election and something unexpected could happen but if it doesn't I don't see much of a turnout for the GOP.
They can't run like republicans, get elected and govern like democrats.
GOP voters have had enough of that.
Trump got slapped in the face on the wall. There is specific language that prevents the wall. Its basically a fence. The deal killer for me is continued funding of sanctuary city/states.

I hope Trump does veto the bill, because I predict that then history will be made, as the Democrats in congress will join the Republicans and have enough votes to override the veto. They will show the kind of unified force that is needed to save our country and give Trump a major put-down, in the process.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
If they want to "save our country" then they will need to impeach Trump--

Old 03-22-2018, 07:05 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I hope Trump does veto the bill, because I predict that then history will be made, as the Democrats in congress will join the Republicans and have enough votes to override the veto. They will show the kind of unified force that is needed to save our country and give Trump a major put-down, in the process.
I hate Trump, but do you actually think this $1.3 billion travesty will save the country?

Old 03-23-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I hate Trump, but do you actually think this $1.3 billion travesty will save the country?

It might be the first step to improving our chances. But none of us really knows just what's in this bill, so predicting its effect, would be difficult. I'm thinking more of the symbolic defeat Trump would suffer, if both parties united against him. It could start things going, for impeachment.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
It might be the first step to improving our chances. But none of us really knows just what's in this bill, so predicting its effect, would be difficult. I'm thinking more of the symbolic defeat Trump would suffer, if both parties united against him. It could start things going, for impeachment.
Rand tweeted about what was in it all day. He got through about 600 pages. There's a thread here talking about it.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:21 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Yeah, we get it.

The burn down the country as long as it takes Trump out crowd is well known.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Yeah, we get it.

No, that is the take Trump out to save the country from going down crowd.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah, we get it.

What if I proposed burning down the State to save the country?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
What if I proposed burning down the State to save the country?
It wouldn't be original. The state of mind likely the same as those in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEj1h7BC2b4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies