Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 10:08 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,102 times

Advertisements

Both sides suck. The GOP was okay with rushing the tax bill thru congress without reading but now everyone is screaming what about regular order. They all need to be thrown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

uh, no they came from fox news.
That is only a rejection to be informed and the very thing you complained about. Do your own homework then nothing to blame but yourself. Free to share it here so don't be shy.
The bill is fact. Only the opinions of it is where propaganda will be found. Its not that hard telling the difference and pick out the facts, despite what some people claim.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:13 AM

267 posts, read 122,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Hyper macho tough guy GOP voters think tanks are cool. It's been a winning formula to pull in morons since the days of Reagan and Rambo.
They are like robots. They just repeat what some conservative radio host or 4chan poster tells them. They just talk talk but without substance. One day they complain that the federal government is paying for some road project in a liberal state, the next day the are telling the president that we need billions of dollars invested in infrastructure to grow our economy. Of course no one is talking about where most of the money is going. Just a billion here, 500 million there etc.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is only a rejection to be informed and the very thing you complained about. Do your own homework then nothing to blame but yourself. Free to share it here so don't be shy.
The bill is fact. Only the opinions of it is where propaganda will be found. Its not that hard telling the difference and pick out the facts, despite what some people claim.
Your OP says that Senator Kennedy is right so it must mean you fully understand the bill to come to that conclusion.

Quote:
That might be why I said it was funny/tragic. I didn't claim it was informed or insightful but that too can be found in the links provided. Should anyone care to read them.

I'll note that I didn't find your post particularly informed or insightful on the topic. Thx for posting.
you tell people to read it but did you read it yourself or you are just pretending you did?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Trump better take a stand and VETO this bill!

Everything he was elected on has been thrown out in this bill, and wimp republicans are going along with it. It iS A DREAM BILL FOR THE DEMS..
There's basically no wall funding, instead the same amount asked for the wall,goes to a bridge infrastructure connection plan for Nj/NY.

There's no increase funding for more border patrol or border security., deportation officers, and deportation facilities.

There's complete funding for Planned parenthood which spends much of their money on anti-Republican ads.

There's complete normal funding for sanctuary cities.

Etc etc etc -- it's a big Christmas present for the democrats. The only thing the Rs got was increased military funding.

Not what the voters asked for and the RINO republicans don't care.
He doesn't seem to be too upset with it according to his tweets. Thinks he got a win with the wall and the military. Shhh don't tell him -- lol.

IS there a bigger game going on here?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Both sides suck. The GOP was okay with rushing the tax bill thru congress without reading but now everyone is screaming what about regular order. They all need to be thrown out.
The information I'm seeing is the GOP leadership in collusion with Dem leadership did a backroom deal. There was only four involved and it looks like Ryan, McConnell, Schumer, and Pelosi. They did it just like Obamacare with the "you need to pass it to see what's in it".
Thirty hours, or less really, to read 2300 pages and then vote is a crock. The rank and file who were lied to needs to call for removal of the leadership. If they don't then I agree throw them all out.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:21 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Congressional bipartisan shenanigans as usual. I'll let the Dems have Planned Parenthood money if I can have border wall funding and get rid of sanctuary cities. I just sent an email to the White House saying exactly that.

This is why we voted for Trump but he has no control over these ghoulish swamp creatures. Get rid of McConnell, Ryan, Pelosi, Schumer immediately! They are corrupt, useless and suffering from dementia.

Peter Schweitzer's new book, Secret Empire, tells how all of these crooks arrive in DC with a cardboard suitcase and one pair of underpants and leave multimillionaires. I figured out the only ethical ones are the ones who sleep in their offices because they can't afford an apartment or hotel.
We need congressional term limits.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
The information I'm seeing is the GOP leadership in collusion with Dem leadership did a backroom deal. There was only four involved and it looks like Ryan, McConnell, Schumer, and Pelosi. They did it just like Obamacare with the "you need to pass it to see what's in it".
Thirty hours, or less really, to read 2300 pages and then vote is a crock.
Tell us what do you think the “back room” deal was? What did you find in the 2300 page document that makes this bill so bad?

Or are you just repeating what you heard on Fox News or read on Breitbart?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We need congressional term limits.
Great analysis of the bill. How long did it take you to read it?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 AM

I'm not buying the BS stories the GOP leaders are trying to sell. They are only making excuses.
Saying the system to pass bills is/has been broken for 20 years. The GOP is weak and accepted the short end of the stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies