Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 05:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
There weren't. BLM doesn't care about white victims and white people are too busy bootlicking cops.
Why do you feel so entitled to BLM's support? You have the same freedom to create WLM, get off your duffs, hit the streets and put in work just like every other marginalized group has to do to fight injustices. Once you do, other groups may even join you. But nobody else is going to be your mule particularly when, as you mentioned, too many of your group are cop bootlickers. That's an internal issue you all need to address before expecting anyone else to put themselves on the line for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 06:08 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Why do you choose to ignore the context in which this happened? This man was not sipping tea in his grandmother's backyard. He was vandalizing property and jumping over backyard fences in the middle of the night. When confronted by police, he ran. When confronted a second time, he did not show his hands, instead he started fooling around with his phone.
I'm not ignoring context. I've made it perfectly clear I understand exactly what happened.

I will never agree with LEOs acting as judge, jury and executioner. Its un-American.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:10 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Actually he essentially committed suicide
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Suicide by cop .
Uh.

No.

He was executed by LEOs unable or unwilling to make the arrest.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:49 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
Your link is to a crime committed in Sacramento not San Antonio.
He was so eager to start this thread that even after editing to the correct city (Sacramento), he still has the incorrect state in his OP (Texas as the state rather than California).

Old 03-25-2018, 07:00 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
First of all, the title is misleading because he was in his grandparents' backyard. There was no evidence that he was actually vandalizing, so you can't call him a criminal. Just like you can't automatically say the cops are guilty of something; it works both ways.

I have mixed reactions to this incident. It was really dark in all the photos and videos they are releasing, and they were using heat sensor to detect the suspect, so I don't know that it is race-related. However, after they shot him and he was down they are standing there asking him questions and telling him to do things when he's been shot? How is a person who was (fatally) shot supposed to answer or move how they are telling him to???? Why not call the ambulance right away when they knew he was shot.

Again, I think it's hard to say with certainty that this is race-related, but the cops from my view handled it poorly after he was shot and down.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:50 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
The rule book that young black men have to go by is different from everyone else's. You are supposed to run from the police. If you are running from them you pose no threat. That makes it problematic (more paperwork) if they kill you. If you are standing still you pose a threat because any move you make will be perceived as going for a gun. He should have just run until he collapsed. They still might have shot him.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Has it been established that he was the vandal? Source?

Actually he showed his hands one of which had a cell phone in it. Got him killed.
It is possible the cops killed the wrong guy, and even if he was the vandal, they still should not have used deadly force.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:07 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The guy apparently wasn't the sharpest given his criminal record and stupidity in targeting his own neighborhood for criminal activity. He still shouldn't have been shot by two panicky and poorly trained cops like he was.
But keep pushing for a police state by banning guns and this is what you'll get and more than you can imagine. You think minorities get heavy handed treatment now, they'll get beat down and nobody will be there to raise so much as an eyebrow. Social media is already being targeted as dangerous just like gun ownership.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
What was the unfortunate mistake?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:31 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
TBF - Police will shoot if they believe you have a firearm and such incidents are not unique in America, they are just more prevalent in the US as there are more guns and the police are more likely to meet armed suspects, and are more likely to draw their weapons.

I just keep out of the police's way in which ever country I am in, and sadly breaking a window has cost this man his life.

As for BLM's it is now often seen as an Anti-White organisation, yet expects white people to offer sympathy for it's cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies