Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,051,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
All criminal mischief and subsequent run-ins with the Police carry a small chance of death, especially if you run.

That's just the absolute nature of the situation. Any further discussion is a complete waste of time.

If you don't wish to risk death then do not commit crimes wherein the police are going to have to approach you cautiously, and definitely do not run. /thread.
Just perfect. Gets right to the essence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get to make the rules luckily. It's about the rights of the individual and if there is a threat. Running away from police isn't a legitimate reason for law enforcement to shoot.
What right? The right to destroy your own neighborhood? Or the right to force the police into a deadly chase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The opposite was established. That people such as yourself make excuses for this nonsense make you part of the problem. Spare me the rewriting of American history the way you’ve tried to rewrite the facts in this case.

Also spare me your speech about police. I work around police all the time, outside the mainland. Some of my closest friends are police or former police. And I will be the first to say that the mainland has some serious issues. They will too.
No. The opposite was not established. The video shows him facing the police when the shooting started. As much as you want to deny it, there is video of the incident.

I will not spare you any speech about the police. You asserted that police (and others) in the recent past routinely shot black men and raped their women and children. You are spouting nonsense and I called you on it. Show me a predominance of this happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
... It wasn’t that long ago police and others could kill black men and rape their women and young girls with little to no repercussions...
I have neither rewritten American history nor have a rewritten the facts of this case. I have been very factual in representing this case and I have called you on your BS.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:00 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Rather than speculate, why not rely upon Omalu's findings?
Because you can clearly see on the VIDEO that he was facing the police when they started firing. Saying he was not is disingenuous. Yes, he was shot in the back once he fell to the ground. Watch the helicopter video.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get to make the rules luckily. It's about the rights of the individual and if there is a threat. Running away from police isn't a legitimate reason for law enforcement to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Just perfect. Gets right to the essence.What right? The right to destroy your own neighborhood? Or the right to force the police into a deadly chase?

Are you intentionally being obtuse about this, jbg? The right to due process under the law.

The right to due process under the law.

Cops don't get to play judge, jury, and executioner no matter how many of you love seeing them in that role.

Even if he bashed in the windshield of every car in a one-mile area - he has the right to due process under the law.

Why are you cherry-picking which laws are followed and which people need to adhere to them?

That's the factual part of my post. Here is the opinion part of my post:

Anyone who thinks these cops weren't hiding something and they cut the sound for some good reason are either extremely naive or they want to maintain a narrative because they love the end result.

I wish some of you would just admit that you love seeing black guys die if they break the law in any way. You'd be more respected for at least being honest.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:34 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So he deserved to be shot 20 times and killed for an act of vandalism or theft?
You are over simplifying it by ignoring evidence.

No one is saying mere vandalism deserves death.

-He ran from cops
-Had an object in his hands that was hard to identify at night
-Refused to put the object down
-Refused to put his hands up
-When cornered, ran at the cops

Throw in that he:

-He vandalized the much of the neighborhood
-Had a criminal record
-Spent time in jail

It is hard to say that his actions of no self-responsibility didn't lead to this.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Ill just say it.
I don't like all the cop shootings and feel that they need to be investigated by a federal agency so that there is no bias, or favoritism.
That said.
The man who was shot was a criminal, acting like a criminal, refused to comply in any way.
The world got a win with his death.
I will never feel bad for the criminal. Now the question begs. Were the police also criminal? Who investigates the shooting? Officer Joe? The same Officer who who routinely has the cops who did the shooting over for football night? The same cop who was best man at one of the cop's weddings? No we need a federal investigator with absolutely 0 ties.
Criminals acted like a criminal and died for it. No loss. Cops need to be investigated as vigorously as a civilian would be for the same shooting.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ill just say it.
I don't like all the cop shootings and feel that they need to be investigated by a federal agency so that there is no bias, or favoritism.
That said.
The man who was shot was a criminal, acting like a criminal, refused to comply in any way.
The world got a win with his death.
I will never feel bad for the criminal. Now the question begs. Were the police also criminal? Who investigates the shooting? Officer Joe? The same Officer who who routinely has the cops who did the shooting over for football night? The same cop who was best man at one of the cop's weddings? No we need a federal investigator with absolutely 0 ties.
Criminals acted like a criminal and died for it. No loss. Cops need to be investigated as vigorously as a civilian would be for the same shooting.

The DOJ investigated two of the most corrupt police departments in the country under Obama. Chicago and Baltimore. They found a lot of problems in both departments.

What happened? Nothing.

The federal agency aka the DOJ is as guilty of bias and favoritism, targeting innocent people, and covering up crimes as the cops are.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

-He ran from cops

Throw in that he:

-Had a criminal record
-Spent time in jail

It is hard to say that his actions of no self-responsibility didn't lead to this.
Nope. Not factual.
Not in the record he ran from the cops.
No law against having a cell phone in your hand. Does not remotely resemble a gun other than being an object.
Not in the record that he refused to put anything down. He was directed to show his hands and did so.
Never directed to put his hands up. Not a reasonable directive to a guy in his own backyard.
**** in the back incompatible with going toward the officers.

No proof he did anything to vehicles. The tool used has still not appeared.

So basically a large pile of BS and allegations at this point.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Just perfect. Gets right to the essence.What right? The right to destroy your own neighborhood? Or the right to force the police into a deadly chase?
This is not the wild west where cops get to play judge jury and executioner. The cops had cover, they chose to expose themselves and shoot Clark, I think it's fair to say that they had other options, and it's quite clear that the Police were not forced into a "deadly chase". The ambiguous command "show me your hands" could well have resulted in Clark extending his hands in front of him while holding a cell phone and dying as a result.

Why defend the cops here, especially before the investigation is completed?

Old 04-04-2018, 06:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

-He ran from cops
Throw in that he:
-Had a criminal record
-Spent time in jail
How do you know what he had in his hand?
When was he ordered to put the object down?
He was never told to put his hands up, he was told "show me your hands"
At what point in the video do you see him 'running at the cops"

Yes he had a criminal record and had spent time in jail, did you know that 30% of the people in the US have a police record for something other than a traffic offense? https://outline.com/qTA3BK

I hope you are not inferring that everyone who has been arrested deserves to have a target on their chest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies