Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Conflation and false equivalency.
Firearm enthusiasts do not defend the 2nd Amendment to do any such thing.

However, if I recall correctly, wasn't it a program initiated by Democrats, that protects the individual rights of criminals under the guise of "its difficult to go to college, join the military, and obtain a job/start a career with an arrest record"?
Because it's not like its difficult to purchase a firearm with an arrest record or anything...

We all have a right to voice our opinion, just as much as we have a right to lawful means of defense. I take it you still don't know the difference between offense and defense...

Perhaps you might solely rely on a form of government to do that for you, others don't...

See, you and I have a problem with the same people.
You just can not understand the difference between them and law abiding gun owners, so you conflate and falsely equate the two...

It's like comparing gourmet coffee brewed in a French press to Starbucks...
They're both coffee, they're both pricey, they're both the same in quality and taste...
Nope... not even close...

There's no twisting ourselves into knots.
There's no wanting to "hunt and kill by raining bullets on them"...

But don't let me stop you from putting your ignorance on display... do continue with the mantra parroted by mainstream media pundits, politicians, and Hollywood elite about how every firearms enthusiast and law abiding gun owner are out to slay innocent people in a random act of violence...

I compare it to, the family next door having so many kids, so they want me castrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 08:47 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ted Nugent And His Kind Should Not Be Allowed To Own Guns Making statements like this shows that maybe YOU are mentally unbalanced and dangerous to the public.

See now easy that is?

How does that feel?
In what way? I am not the one saying that he keeps a gun ready to shoot people who disagree with him on sight. What I am doing is saying the same thing the people said about Nikolas Cruz, that the FBI was excoriated for not acting on, by the ones attempting disingenuously to defend their rights to own assault weapons. Which, BTW, are not protected under 2A.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In what way? I am not the one saying that he keeps a gun ready to shoot people who disagree with him on sight. What I am doing is saying the same thing the people said about Nikolas Cruz, that the FBI was excoriated for not acting on, by the ones attempting disingenuously to defend their rights to own assault weapons.
It is not the FBI's job to protect you.
It is up to you to protect yourself.
McDonald v. Chicago.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The gun nuts twist themselves into knots trying to defend the right of the individual versus the rights of those they hunt and can kill by raining bullets on them.
None of my guns have rained anything on people. A coyote and the odd deer, sure.

So you want collective punishmeyfor the actions of a few.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
If you don't believe in government, you don't believe in the BOR, which is an issuance of that government.
The Bill of Rights is nothing but a set of limitations on the government. It doesn't grant rights, it tells the government both implicitly and explicitly that they cannot mess with the natural rights of the individuals nor the sovereignty of the states.
Quote:
Can't have it both ways. You're either in or out.
It's not trying to have it both ways. You either take the bill of rights at face value and accept that it indeed limits the government, not the states or people, or you disregard the BOR and let government keep playing the unrestrained tyrant because, well, that's how things are and why upset the apple cart?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
2nd Amend, period. No like it, move to Europe & have fun..better yet drop ya off in the mideast w/a water pistol in the desert. US helicopters flights daily to take anti_US citizens to far away places. Maybe a picture of Stalin or Lenin should be your poster party platform.
Why don't YOU go to the Mideast? To protect our country in the military? Ya know, 2nd A, fight tyranny, fight tyranny, fight, tyranny, protect our freedoms, defend our Constitution, and all that?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Ted Nugent is a candy-ass, chickenshi* draft dodger. End. Of. Story.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Ted Nugent is a candy-ass, chickenshi* draft dodger. End. Of. Story.

Many people from that time frame, including the lefts all great slick willie.....

Quote:
Clinton had apparently agreed to join the R.O.T.C. as a way of avoiding being drafted into service during the Vietnam War and later reneged on that promise when his draft-lottery number ensured that he would not be selected.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:56 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Why don't YOU go to the Mideast? To protect our country in the military? Ya know, 2nd A, fight tyranny, fight tyranny, fight, tyranny, protect our freedoms, defend our Constitution, and all that?
Let me know when Iraqis and Afghanis propose alterations to the constitution and carry out their will here on US soil...

Didn't think that one through completely...

Old 04-09-2018, 11:32 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
As an agnostic, I am not willing to accept that phrase, unless some sort of proof can be offered that indeed, a creator was involved. The entirety of the Constitution was the work of men, unless you can show me where some deity signed it.

Even the signers are allowed a slip into fantasy every now and again.

You don't have to be religious at all to accept natural rights.

Where they come from.....a Christian God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or just from nature itself is irrelevant to the fact that they exist.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights specifically is a set of limitations placed on the government, barring it from violating those rights.

Thus the use of phrases such as "Congress shall make no law" and "shall not be infringed".

Note that nowhere in the Bill of Rights is language such as "the right is hereby granted by government" used by the Founders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies