Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:40 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Sure. All the excuses you tough-talking armchair warriors come up with to not serve your country -- the one you claim to love so much and want to defend -- and to not help US servicemen and women keep foreign invaders at bay so that you don't have to worry about them -- is amazing.

It's so much easier to amass and brag about an arsenal of weapons as a civilian than it is to pass a basic physical fitness exam (I'm figuring lots of you would be rejected at this point); and then survive 12 weeks of very demanding recruit training -- and that's just for starters. It's also pretty clear that, if you're so terrified of the US Govt and living in the suburbs, then you'd likely have a complete breakdown if you faced a combat zone overseas.

Yep. SO much easier to simply collect a bunch of guns, all while talking about "defense against tyranny."

Go put on a uniform and defend our country!

By the way, I assume you voted for the current government you feel is such a danger to your freedom? You're a Trump supporter?
WOW...what a useless rant...congrats, are you satisfied?

So, by your logic above, you have served? Or are you a "armchair warrior", also?

BTW, are you an obama supporter? You know, that obama supporter who supported diane feinstien, that want all guns taken away?

Wait, is your last name Fonda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
None of my guns have rained anything on people. A coyote and the odd deer, sure.

So you want collective punishmeyfor the actions of a few.
Did I name you personally? The answer is no. I'm sorry you took offense but it wasn't directed at you. The nuts are these idiots that make comments like Nugent (who should just reform Damn Yankees already and shut his damn mouth) that attack the kids of Parkland and other schools fearing that their school is next.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Hello, earth to Martians aka clueless Humanoid;

And this is a good thing? U think they are YOUR best friends & the Welcome Wagon in the community?

Holy cow, you need read their doctrine & mantra -- & then tell me how well you want a bus load of crazed religious lunatics pulling up to your door -- & just storming your house & taking over w/ THEIR flags & rituals, etc.

And this alarms you not nor even makes you think twice? Wow, want to buy swampland in FL to build condos on?? Send a 10 million check to my PO Box in care of Build-On-Alligator-Waterways.com. :
Um. Earth to Martians, aka clueless Humanoid.
What, are you? 12?

You don't have a clue how I feel about this, so don't be smart-assed. I didn't offer my own personal feelings about this -- because my feelings are irrelevant. Why? Because these immigration patterns are FACT, and not just in the US, but in most Western advanced countries, particularly those that are "immigrant lands" -- USA, Canada, and Australia.

Unless, that is, we stop immigration completely -- but that's not possible. Why? Because Americans aren't having enough kids (I've done my part by raising 3 proud Americans. How about you?). And, considering we live in a capitalist, corporate-determined culture that needs an ever-growing supply of CONSUMERS (GDP/GNP), that means the US needs IMMIGRANTS, just as Canada does, just as Australia does. And, Europeans, by and large, don't want to come here. So...

I didn't make the rules, dude. Whether I like them or not, that's just the way it is. Remember, I'm just an immigrant. According to many of you guys, that makes me a second-guess citizen anyway.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:28 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Um. Earth to Martians, aka clueless Humanoid.
What, are you? 12?

You don't have a clue how I feel about this, so don't be smart-assed. I didn't offer my own personal feelings about this -- because my feelings are irrelevant. Why? Because these immigration patterns are FACT, and not just in the US, but in most Western advanced countries, particularly those that are "immigrant lands" -- USA, Canada, and Australia.

Unless, that is, we stop immigration completely -- but that's not possible. Why? Because Americans aren't having enough kids (I've done my part by raising 3 proud Americans. How about you?). And, considering we live in a capitalist, corporate-determined culture that needs an ever-growing supply of CONSUMERS (GDP/GNP), that means the US needs IMMIGRANTS, just as Canada does, just as Australia does. And, Europeans, by and large, don't want to come here. So...

I didn't make the rules, dude. Whether I like them or not, that's just the way it is. Remember, I'm just an immigrant. According to many of you guys, that makes me a second-guess citizen anyway.

To the bold, are you legal or ILLEGAL? Many of you guys have a hard time understanding the difference in what is wrong or right.

Great, so lets go back to the days of Ellis Island, do you agree? Or are you going to complain about peoples rights who want to enter this country?

Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you are on U.S. soil, you are accorded all the protections of the U.S. Constitution, reagardless of how you came to be here. That is why W didn't bring the Iraqis to the mainland, instead creating a prison at Guantanamo. Had they been brought to the mainland, they would have had the right to an attorney and a jury trial, at government expense.
"If you are on U.S. soil, you are accorded all the protections of the U.S. Constitution, reagardless of how you came to be here.'

Another thing may disagree with.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Conflation and false equivalency.
Firearm enthusiasts do not defend the 2nd Amendment to do any such thing.

However, if I recall correctly, wasn't it a program initiated by Democrats, that protects the individual rights of criminals under the guise of "its difficult to go to college, join the military, and obtain a job/start a career with an arrest record"?
Because it's not like its difficult to purchase a firearm with an arrest record or anything...

We all have a right to voice our opinion, just as much as we have a right to lawful means of defense. I take it you still don't know the difference between offense and defense...

Perhaps you might solely rely on a form of government to do that for you, others don't...

See, you and I have a problem with the same people.
You just can not understand the difference between them and law abiding gun owners, so you conflate and falsely equate the two...

It's like comparing gourmet coffee brewed in a French press to Starbucks...
They're both coffee, they're both pricey, they're both the same in quality and taste...
Nope... not even close...

There's no twisting ourselves into knots.
There's no wanting to "hunt and kill by raining bullets on them"...

But don't let me stop you from putting your ignorance on display... do continue with the mantra parroted by mainstream media pundits, politicians, and Hollywood elite about how every firearms enthusiast and law abiding gun owner are out to slay innocent people in a random act of violence...
"If you are on U.S. soil, you are accorded all the protections of the U.S. Constitution, reagardless of how you came to be here."

Yet THEY HAVE armed MEN AROUND THEM.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In what way? I am not the one saying that he keeps a gun ready to shoot people who disagree with him on sight. What I am doing is saying the same thing the people said about Nikolas Cruz, that the FBI was excoriated for not acting on, by the ones attempting disingenuously to defend their rights to own assault weapons. Which, BTW, are not protected under 2A.
"to defend their rights to own assault weapons."

For the MILLIONTH TIME, they re NOT ASSAULT weapons.

When you educate your self on guns come back.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"If you are on U.S. soil, you are accorded all the protections of the U.S. Constitution, reagardless of how you came to be here."

Yet THEY HAVE armed MEN AROUND THEM.
They have the right to self defense. The 2nd amendment includes tourists.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:13 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"to defend their rights to own assault weapons."

For the MILLIONTH TIME, they re NOT ASSAULT weapons.

When you educate your self on guns come back.
Let them call common, semi auto rifles, "Assault Weapons, Assault Rifles, Weapons of War, Military Grade", etc. It is all to scare the ignorant. The INTENT of the Second Amendment was for PRIVATE CITIZENS to have practical weapons to fight a tyrannical government, and for self defense.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:20 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Calling a rifle an "assault weapon" and demanding its ban is like calling a carburetor a "thingamabobber" and demanding a ban on "thingamabobbers". It merely reveals that you are a moron in every sense of the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies