Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If Trump actually got NK to denuclearize, then I'd congratulate him for it. But there is zero evidence at this point that it's going to happen. And I want objective, non-partisan documentation of any claims. Whatever Trump says or tweets - he has ZERO credibility as far as I'm concerned, because he lies on a daily basis. So I'll wait for verified proof. Given that Kim lies as much as Trump, I'm not holding my breath.

It doesn't mean I'm rooting for failure, it means I'm a realist and I haven't seen anything beyond ridiculous praise of a murderous dictator and enemy of the world a day after ridiculous attacks on our closest allies.
Would you like to be texted or paged? I mean...when you can send in your congratulatory memos?

Seriously the world just changed....everyone wants trust but verify. You're not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 09:21 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Would you like to be texted or paged? I mean...when you can send in your congratulatory memos?

Seriously the world just changed....everyone wants trust but verify. You're not alone.
Seriously, the world has not just changed. Trump met with a murderous dictator and gave him a status that every other American president was smart enough not to do.

That is ALL that has happened so far.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:21 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
This summit has the potential to achieve historical accomplishments. It will be a process, and I would imagine the left will do everything they can to downplay it with their usual sour grapes narratives.

And just think, all this could get done in time, and we won't even have to send them a pallet of cash.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Seriously, the world has not just changed. Trump met with a murderous dictator and gave him a status that every other American president was smart enough not to do.

That is ALL that has happened so far.
Let the downplay begin.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Rodman for the Nobel. That interview was gold, I think Clapper was blown away that he understood this situation much more than he did.

What a day, Trump made it all possible.

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This summit has the potential to achieve historical accomplishments. It will be a process, and I would imagine the left will do everything they can to downplay it with their usual sour grapes narratives.

And just think, all this could get done in time, and we won't even have to send them a pallet of cash.
Hahahahah guess again. North Koreans are starving to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Let the downplay begin.
Well she is skeptical. Nothing wrong with that.

However, the world did change regardless.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Let the downplay begin.
Pretty sure thats the official talking point of the tds left

Old 06-11-2018, 09:25 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I'm not a Trump fan. He disappoints in so many ways.

No denying this summit was historical. What came before it was written in stone, in that never has the leaders of these two countries met. Well they have now, and on our side Trump was at the helm.

I have no idea what this will look like historically a decade or more from now. I will take nothing away from this accomplishment right now, tonight....the meeting. Now we'll all sit back and watch the future unfold.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm not a Trump fan. He disappoints in so many ways.

No denying this summit was historical. What came before it was written in stone, in that never has the leaders of these two countries met. Well they have now, and on our side Trump was at the helm.

I have no idea what this will look like historically a decade or more from now. I will take nothing away from this accomplishment right now, tonight....the meeting. Now we'll all sit back and watch the future unfold.
Poetic. Bravo for an open mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies