Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:58 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is not that simple.

The daycare did not do anything illegal believe it or not.
I don't know enough about the law to address that. I only know that if someone asks that people not take pictures or videos of their child, their wishes should be respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 04:55 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not normal behavior for a 2 year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Exatly.

Her classmates didn't have the same over-the-top reaction.
It is a normal reaction. Children become afraid of many, many things. There is no prediction of how a child will react.

I worked at NAEYC (The National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited centers with appropriate experiences for children. Example:

NAEYC-Accredited programs must: (among other criteria)
  • Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
  • Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
  • Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
(From this site: https://www.naeyc.org/our-work/famil...edited-program)

This was NOT a positive experience for this child! As for culturally appropriate? If this child is of another culture, she may not have been exposed to Easter and the Easter bunny. It is no surprise the little girl was afraid.

Already stated but true! It is surprising the daycare didn't follow the procedure set in place. WHAT were they thinking?

Old 04-09-2018, 05:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
If the daycare center posted the video to THEIR site - they are in trouble. The family signed a form saying no photos or videos.

If the worker posted it -- without the knowledge of the daycare -- not sure what the liability is.

But I suspect some liability of the employer to inform its employees of their official policy regarding social media while at work.

Doesn't matter what you all think about toddlers and Easter Bunnies.

No videos and photos means no videos and photos.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times
Quote:
LOL!

Kids get over things.

If you don't have children, you wouldn't know this.
Yes, kids get over things. And you don't have to be a parent to know this. Still, That is not the point. The point is the parents' wishes AND written instructions were not followed.

Quote:
So??? Her reaction remains over the top. Even at two. I would guarantee she's never been easy. BTDT on the daycare caregiver side while student teaching @ an accredited daycare with a preK3-K.

You?
Yes, I have experience in NAEYC accredited center. The Easter Bunny is not an appropriate experience for young children who may or may not celebrate Easter. YES it matters. See my other post.
Quote:
Quite possibly that was her initial reaction & then she calmed down.

Wouldn't benefit granny to say so....
Not relevant. The form was filled out. No need to call her Granny... being respectful is important.

Quote:
You can't explain reality to folks who think they know it all while they have zero experience in the subject.
The reality is not for you or me or others on this board to decide. The parents and the daycare must investigate and decide what is right and wrong.
Quote:

This kid's caregiver should NOT have posted the kid's reaction to her SM.

Never said differently.
Yeah! We agree. Phew. Let go and let them sort it out.

Sure wish this would be the conclusion of the debate! We could all agree to disagree where needed.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:30 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
The daycare didn't do anything wrong.

This little girl's caregiver did.
this is what's known as picking nits.

sad

I thought it was bad when adults started bashing teenagers for their response to the murder of classmates and teachers.

now they go even lower, bashing two-year-olds.

sick

Old 04-09-2018, 05:42 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Such a strange notion that the daycare is not responsible for the behavior of its employees.

Someone needs to inform the police departments that are paying multimillion dollar settlements for the behavior its employees.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:47 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,311,516 times
My daughter took a video of her son with the bunny last year when he was 2. He was crying and trying to run away. She put up the video on Facebook.

She took him back to see the bunny again this year. He ran up, sat on his lap, smiling, and giving bunny high 5's. Again, took a video.

She put up both last year's and this year's videos on FB together with the title "What a difference a year can make!"

Everyone loved seeing both those video's.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The family is entitled whatever it is that would make this not happen again at the school to any other child. Aside form the fact that the school stupidly assumed that a giant funny looking rabbit would not scare the **** out of some toddlers, the family specifically signed a form that states they did not want the child photographed. Just as clowns can appear creepy, even to many adults, this rabbit was equally so. A no brainer.
If what the family said is true about the kid didn't get comforted after being scared, I think that's the worse thing about all this.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:12 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I understand why her parents were upset. But, as long as a photographer uses the images for editorial purposes, and if he or she took them while your child was in a public setting, the photographs are generally within the law even if you do not give your consent.

So I don't believe the daycare center was wrong here.

Unfortunate incident, but I doubt the family is really entitled to any money.

In term of her behavior? well, I guess every baby girl is different, so I cannot really comment on it. When I was a baby, my parents said I was afraid of nothing. I had to take their words for it, I guess.
Which part of no photography in the permission form are you not understanding? And on what planet is the daycare a public setting? It is private property, not public. The general public does not have access to the room that child was in. There is an expectation of privacy here, especially when the daycare asked if photography was OK and was told no. No photography means no photography.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 AM

39,212 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Which part of no photography in the permission form are you not understanding? And on what planet is the daycare a public setting? It is private property, not public. The general public does not have access to the room that child was in. There is an expectation of privacy here, especially when the daycare asked if photography was OK and was told no. No photography means no photography.
It looks like you need to calm down first.

I said, I understand WHY the parents were upset.

However, it is not as simple as you think it is.

The daycare center did not do anything ILLEGAL, that would be my GUESS

Why don't you ask a lawyer about it. Arguing with ME and getting all emotional with ME is not the answer.

Here,

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/p...-changing.html

sheesh, why bother getting all pissy?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies