Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 07:05 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times

Advertisements

I'm reading all the comments made. I can't contribute any because Starbucks is on my 'don't spend my money there' list.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:06 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
How can he admit to being there longer than them and then say he was there to meet them for a business meeting but they didn't even know who he was.
It wasn't the friend that admitted the loitering, it was other White patrons at the establishment that came forward with statements to the police, that the men were doing nothing wrong that they themselves do quite frequently. [except they're NOT Black].

You guys are desperately trying not to admit this is was in fact case of Racism... and your Fake News theories are just getting shot by actual facts left and right, and the desperation to criminalize these 2 victims is just deplorable.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
So you ask to use the bathroom before you go? How old are you?

And what you described is loitering.

One story says it was a business meeting, yet the other quotes them as waiting for a "friend." I've yet to see anyone in a hoodie and sweatpants for a business meeting in my entire professional career. They made it up.
You do if the bathroom is locked.

And, as per tweets I’ve read, other white “loiterers” also asked to use the bathroom and were provided the means by which to unlock the bathroom door.

It’s clear that there are quite a few people in this thread who live very sheltered lives.
Never patronized a fast food place that has locked bathrooms or had a business meeting in casual clothes.
And we’re supposed to believe that because they’ve never experienced either, they cannot possibly exist or occur.

Sure, okay.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:09 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Could be. None of us were there.

I don't know if I would have left when asked if I were waiting for someone and wasn't doing anything wrong. I don't know if I would have left if police came and told me to leave. I think I would have tried to explain first. You could be right or you could be wrong. We will have to hope someone gets to the bottom of this. If they end up suing for a huge sum of money, as you stated, then maybe you are right. Until then, innocent until proven guilty.
If I go into a business and ask to use the bathroom and am told to buy something, I buy something or leave and use a different bathroom.

If I sit at a table and am asked to buy something to sit there, i buy it.

If I am waiting for someone and don't have $2 I wait for them outside and explain to the manager that I'm waiting for someone and will come back in when they get here.

If a manager tells me to leave because I don't want to buy something and just want to hang out there or use the bathroom I leave. It won't get to the point where the police have to be called, but lets say there is some kind of disagreement. I would speak to the police and if they tell me to leave or be arrested for criminal trespass I leave.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You do if the bathroom is locked.

And, as per reports I’ve read, other white “loiterers” also asked to use the bathroom and were provided the means by which to unlock the bathroom door.

It’s clear that there are quite a few people in this thread who live very sheltered lives.
Never patronized a fast food place that has locked bathrooms or had a business meeting in casual clothes.
And we’re supposed to believe that because they’ve never experienced either, they cannot possibly exist or occur.

Sure, okay.
I'm asking for the third time for these links to stories that reference other white people asking to use the bathroom while not paying and getting access. Still nothing.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Hopefully all you blacks went out and got yalls reparations at Starbucks today.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqGvpYQodgxB

Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
If I go into a business and ask to use the bathroom and am told to buy something, I buy something or leave and use a different bathroom.

If I sit at a table and am asked to buy something to sit there, i buy it.

If I am waiting for someone and don't have $2 I wait for them outside and explain to the manager that I'm waiting for someone and will come back in when they get here.

If a manager tells me to leave because I don't want to buy something and just want to hang out there or use the bathroom I leave. It won't get to the point where the police have to be called, but lets say there is some kind of disagreement. I would speak to the police and if they tell me to leave or be arrested for criminal trespass I leave.
But you probably would be asked none of these thing, at this establishment, because you (I assume) are WHITE! So you get a pass, at least here... See Whites were not asked to abide by any of these "requirements" for using the Restroom, or to loiter.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:13 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
It wasn't the friend that admitted the loitering, it was other White patrons at the establishment that came forward with statements to the police, that the men were doing nothing wrong that they themselves do quite frequently. [except they're NOT Black].

You guys are desperately trying not to admit this is was in fact case of Racism... and your Fake News theories are just getting shot by actual facts left and right, and the desperation to criminalize these 2 victims is just deplorable.
So you think the cops, both black and white, who the black police chief says have cultural training at black and Jewish history museums arrested the men for being black?

Starbucks can't arrest anyone.

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
But you probably would be asked none of these thing, at this establishment, because you (I assume) are WHITE! So you get a pass, at least here... See Whites were not asked to abide by any of these "requirements" for using the Restroom, or to loiter.
Don't bother. The racists on here are irrelevant. Always have been.

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Show me a study that proves this. Better yet, do your own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies