Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,365,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Answer my question. As someone who is a minority in the USA, how is right wing authoritarianism beneficial to me? Answer that question.
Any type of authoritarianism is only beneficial to the people wielding that authority...

Good for those in power, bad for the subjects. Even if the authority does things that benefit you now, it's only a matter of time before their power is used against you.

And that's where you get the cycle....left wing power, right wing power, back and forth. The only constant is more power added over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 07:05 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,119,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why the Authoritarian Right Is Rising | Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website

Patrick J. Buchanan has always been a patriot. God bless him.
By the way, I am so very proud to say I am one-quarter Hungarian. They make me so much more proud than my Scandinavian ancestors whose present occupants defile our lands more and more.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Any type of authoritarianism is only beneficial to the people wielding that authority...

Good for those in power, bad for the subjects. Even if the authority does things that benefit you now, it's only a matter of time before their power is used against you.
Well, at least you admit that authoritarianism isn't good for me. This is what I know. Pat Buchanan says that there is a rise of the Authoritarian Right Wing. This is what I know about Pat Buchanan. According to him, "slavery brought Blacks freedom and prosperity". He also wants to get rid of civil rights laws. That alone makes me distrustful of Pat Buchanan. I suspect his support for Right Wing Authoritarianism might be harmful to me in way different than any other authoritarianism.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
By the way, I am so very proud to say I am one-quarter Hungarian. They make me so much more proud than my Scandinavian ancestors whose present occupants defile our lands more and more.
Okay, so what? I'm not here screaming up and down "I'm Black and I'm proud". I'm proud of things I've achieved. That brings me pride. What I do.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
According to him, "slavery brought Blacks freedom and prosperity". He also wants to get rid of civil rights laws. .
Why did Pat put forth a black female as a running mate? Because he wanted to stick you all in ovens?

Old 04-21-2018, 07:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,135,384 times
Pat is an example of someone with an unfortunate social/economic policy, but the best foreign policy this side of Ron Paul. Trump should have named him Secretary of State.

Watch him squash Hannity like a bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGgpwqFpPw

Old 04-21-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Pat is an example of someone with an unfortunate social/economic policy, but the best foreign policy this side of Ron Paul. Trump should have named him Secretary of State.

America has been getting played for decades in the Middle East and Pat knows it.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:44 PM

1,704 posts, read 752,839 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what percent ethnicity is contained within your DNA. Since you're human, you have automatically inherited imperfections, just like all other inhabitants of the earth. Your racial heritage grants you absolutely nothing more or less than any other subspecies of homo sapiens or human beings.

That's the fundamental problem, people assuming that they possess superior characteristics, when they clearly do not! White skin does not and should not entitle you to anything more than anyone else with a different skin color.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Why did Pat put forth a black female as a running mate? Because he wanted to stick you all in ovens?
She probably believes everything that he says. He is likely using her. I don't buy anything he is doing. I know what he is saying. Either you confront those facts, or you can go somewhere else.

You've mentioned in the past about "self-hating Whites". Well, she might be a Black woman who isn't fond of other Blacks. There are Black people who are like that.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Social and economy policy matter to me more, because that affects me alot. I am concerned about what happens to me right here where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies