Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 11:07 PM

42,872 posts, read 26,392,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Nobody said "remain all white" but nice job putting words in my mouth.
What I'm saying that having quotas is evil, period. When a (WHITE) "Hispanic" who's ancestors were conquistadors and who's had more privilege than 90 percent of whites in America gets in to an Ivy because he's "Hispanic" (though he is as white as an underclass white person from Kentucky) over an under privileged person, that's evil. There are more angles to it, but I don't have time for it right now.
Buchanan's article is right; I am glad to see some of Europe standing up to the global tyranny that is underway.
You're the one who was opining about Ivy League Colleges having only 25% of white students even though the schools were founded by whites, if I misunderstood then I guess you will need to explain to me what your point was.

And your claim that only 25% of the student body of ivy league colleges is way off, Columbia is the lowest at 40% and Dartmouth the highest with 56% white students. The only minority race that is over represented are Asians https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...www.google.com

Buchanan is a nasty old man, he's racist and nativist and always has been. And if you are claiming that Europe is going to jump on the alt-right bandwagon think again. Hungary does not exemplify the rest of Europe. Victor Orban is a petty dictator who is pushing Hungary into a full blown autocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 11:09 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,509,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know I can do more than be a color. That is not the point. I am asking explicitly this question: What benefit do I get from the Authoritarian Right Wing? How do I benefit from it considering comments like "minority in their own country"? What about comments like "slavery brought Blacks prosperity and freedom"? What about Pat Buchanan wanting to get rid of all civil rights laws?

You see, it's not about being capable or incapable. It is about considering that there are people who look down on me BECAUSE I am Black.
So let them look down on you for being black. To hell with what they think. Ignore it. One up them. They're petty and ignorant. Their loss. You can't control others, nor can I. But we sure can mock the ever living hell out of them. I equate those that look down on you for being black like this. Chances are, family reunions are a speed dating service amongst cousins. So mock them. If you really want to get under their skin, one up them. Better yet. Ignore them while doing so. Those that are petty, tend to be materialistic as all get out, they can't stand when someone bests them at something.

Quote:
It is about considering that I belong to a group that is look down on more than anyone else in the USA. It is nothing I have control over.
Wrong. You do have control over yourself and your perspective. Seems your issue is with not being able to have control over others.

It has nothing to do about being a part of a group unless that is how you choose to live feel and think. Break that train of thought and outlook. See yourself as an individual. Not part of a group. Life gets a while lot better especially after you write off petty and ignorant pricks. Even better when you can't be dragged down with a group

Quote:
However, the thing I have no control over is something that some people will use as a reason to discriminate.
Now it makes sense...
Control.
Because you don't have control over a desirable outcome, that is why you align with the left. They will bring forth legislation and tax hikes to force an outcome. And if you disagree with it. You're a racist. You're a (insert phobic/cist/)
Now it makes sense. Authoritarian left. Meet (as I've often been accused) "alt-right"

Quote:
It has been done throughout U.S. history. Basically, my sense of history makes me distrustful of the likes of Pat Buchanan and people who think like him.
Is he proposing taking you by force and placing you on a plantation to repeat history?
If so better start loving that 2nd Amendment as much as every other civil liberty... I know where deals can be had and I wouldn't steer anyone into a bad investment that won't hold its equity...

Quote:
Again, do not bring up the left wing. Address my question: How would I benefit from the Authoritarian Right Wing? Do not bring up the left, just discuss the Authoritarian Right Wing, and that alone.
How would you benefit from right wing? Let me list the ways.
1. Low taxes. Want to compare my former state of NY to other states? I promise you, the cheapest county for property and school taxes are probably double or triple the average taxes of a 150k dollar house in an average suburban area aside from CA. Where I live, houses that go for 150k have granite kitchens, bathrooms, screened in pools built within the last 20/30 years. Hell some in the last 5-10! And they're not suffering from foundation issues, roof issues, nor do they come with a tax bill of 3-5k per year. The place I'm leasing is like a small mansion. Lease expires in june. I may just buy this place. Can't touch a house like this in NY for less than 350k and 5-10k per year in taxes.

First hand expirience, less money going to float others = more money for you to spend as you please. Whether it's a splurge on yourself, more money for a better car/truck/suv, more money for a down payment on a house, or to pay off a mortgage quicker, roll into investments to not have to rely solely on social security.

Florida doesn't have a state income tax. Sales tax is lower than NYs too. I used to be miserable in NY. Another year? Another tax hike? Not a couple hundred. 1000 one year. 2k the next. No garbage collection. No street lights. Town police voted out, yet taxes went up and tax my income too?

Lower cost of living is better way of living friend

2. Race isn't a determining factor of success or failure. The individual, their character, their work ethic, their career path, their personal choices, their level of personal responsibility, is. I don't judge based on skin color. I judge based on character, actions/inept, ambition, and achievements. I'm not petty when it comes to physical traits. Except grossly obese. There is no reason on earth to be as wide as you are tall.
Diabetes is not attractive nor respiratory and circulatory issues, nor is a fupa.

3. You claim to be the bottom wrung, yet support and vote for a political party that literally panders to minorities and go as far to make sanctuary cities for others in exchange for votes. Primarily comprised of whites.

Where's your sanctuary city or state? Oh that's right... you were born on US soil. You aren't that special. You're special enough come election time though... only to take the back burner later. Feeling cheated? Left out?

That is what happens when you identify as a part of a group, rather than an individual. You admit it though by your own words in your previous responses.

I have to say, if I aided in electing someone whether a mayor a congressman, a president whatever, and they pandered to me to only forget about me or turn on me once elected into office, I drop them like a bad habit. I research their track record. If they're solid, they usually don't make it. Corrupt? Bet your ass whether they have a D or R next to their name, they can be elected to move money around for private/special interest groups. And get a kick back at that. Saw that with GWB and the previous administration. Hell NY is as corrupt as all get out. First hand expirience, a NY "conservative" is a southern democrat. And a NY democrat is a liberal SJW looking to find offense in something. Sad way to live actually...

Amsterdam NY had horrible roads. The city spent millions over budget to build a bridge to walk on, that joined the downtown area to the main square. Meanwhile the bridge you drive across coming off of I87 was so rough you'd swear you lost a control arm crossing it! Can't maintain a road way, but can go millions over budget on a walkway and require maintenance in the winter time lest the city gets sued by a slip and fall victim in the winter time google/youtube CBS6 YOU PAID FOR IT. That segment will make your blood pressure skyrocket. No money to be found to do so etching positive or pertinent but they'll find something new to **** money away on...

4. We don't believe in altering historical context to fit a narrative.
Prime example, taking down Confederate statues.
It's a part of this nations history. History isn't rainbows unicorns and puppy dogs.
Learn from it. Let those statues stand as a reminder of what if, and to show how far this nation has come. Or take the easy way out and conflate it with racism right off the bat. I say let them stand to serve as a reminder of how far this nation has come.

That's the problem with symbolism. One can take an image a flag a statue and alter/hijack it's presence and state it is (fill in the blank). Nazis did it with the swastika. Before 1930s it was a symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. They took it, hijacked it, to become a symbol of hatred.

I would venture to say, to you a Confederate flag is the same as a swastika.
To others it's a part of their history, their heritage. Perhaps they have ancestors that fought for the south. Whether they owned slaves or not. Would it make them automatically a racist for flying it/owning it/displaying it? If so, is it due from conflation with a group, or is it because you know that individual?

5. No one is more important special or privileged than the next. Those are crutches.
You are capable of more without being crippled into believing you yourself are being held back. Therfore we do not believe in special privileges and programs that started out to hold one over when they hit rock bottom to become a lifestyle or career, that comes at a cost to tax payers to only perpetuate problems, not solve them. Want prime examples? I can list those too. And it isn't exclusive to any race. Matter of fact, I knew a white guy who was on just about every assistance program you could think of, hell even car repairs up to 800 dollars per month via NY tax payers.

6. Authoritarian aspect. I'll give prime examples of how it's a good thing.
Take Florida where I live, and compare it to NY where I used to live for 28 of my 30 years of living.
In NY the police are neutered. Opiods are a scourge up there and western MA as well.
Opioids don't discriminate either. It's cheaper to buy heroin in NY than cigarettes. No joke.
Used to be, police respond to a 9/11 call for an overdose. Arrest anyone with paraphernalia or caught using.
Now? Oh we must end the stigma of drug overdose. Police are trained in reviving junkies and even transporting them to the emergency room. I strongly disagree. That isn't their job. That's for EMTs and medical professionals.

How did that perpetuate the issue?
Trap houses.
I could take you to Poughkeepsie Ballston Spa Albany Schenectady Troy and show you one. It isn't hard to spot one. Just look for the house or apartment complex with the zombie looking critters entering to come back out in a daze a few hours later.

In NY it's catch and release and friends of mine have said the state is proposing doing a heroin safespace to staff with nurses/nurse practitioners/doctors to prevent overdoses. A cost. To the taxpayers. Lest you discriminate against a substance abuse... then you're a drugophobic...
Could walk into any pharmacy and get clean needles, without a prescription too. No questions asked. Because aids and hepatitis...

Florida. If you aren't doing 70 on a 40mph rated road, you're getting rear ended. I've yet to see anyone yanked over for speeding in my town. Window tint? Run limo tint if you want! I've yet to see anyone cited for tint.

Florida. We have sheriff's making youtube videos telling dope dealers they are being hunted. That undercover officers have made purchases and they know exactly who they are and where they are. And they're bagging them. The town I live in now, I look at the police blotter, there is some cases of violent crime, and property crime like vandalism or burglary. The bulk of "crime" is substance related.
And yes I believe junkies and dealers both should be locked up to sober up.
I've witnessed first hand with a scumbag cousin of mine exactly what dope does to a family, friends, and significant others. Better the heroin got him on his first try rather than to continue to give his parents sleepless nights wondering whether he's safe. But they were limp wristed enabling liberals. Reap what you sow. Oh you're feigning for coke? You poor thing here's 200 bucks. Behind on rent or car payment or car insurance? Let me pay it off so your credit score doesn't tank...

In NY 8mph over the posted speed limit you're getting a ticket. Police in NY make the state Bank with traffic fines. You won't find a state trooper patrolling bad neighborhoods. But you will find them hiding along highways looking for anyone speeding or having a cellphone in their hand or having tinted windows. God forbid you have tinted windows without a doctor's note or not being a private investigator...
To me, despite knowing state troopers and having 2 as friends, I see them as nothing more than revenue generators for the state of NY and to enforce Cuomos edict-the Safeact. However I do give credit where it is due, and their cyber crimes division is top notch. They're great at busting hackers, scammers, etc.

7. Economics/global trade.
Me personally, I believe if we are to have businesses that employ Americans, pay tariffs to other countries, yet other countries can import their stuff at little to no tariff, or worse, set up shop and production on US soil... we're doomed. Look at Detroit. You aren't ignorant of history. You've professed as much.
Detroit "Motor City" fell a LONG time ago. Biggest mistake this nation ever made was allowing Honda Toyota Nissan Hyundai Kia to put production plants up. All started with the oil embargo and followed with the EPA then CAFE. The nail in the coffin was the form of chrony CEOs pocketing money rather than spending it in R&D to have a product worth buying, and competitive with what is on the market.
Now look at Detroit... never mind the country of origin where the engine interior transmission etc came from...
You don't have to be a gear head with VP race gas flowing through your veins, a Ford fanboi, a Chevy geek, or Mopar or no car fanatic to see what went wrong, where it went wrong, and why it is in the shape it's in today...

Harley Davidson is going to wind up in the same place. Like a majority of their market of consumers, it is on life support. Unless they start producing a product that captures a younger and diverse populace, they can't sell solely on "Buy American". Their biggest mistske, was cutting their nose off to spite their face and treating Erik Buell like a red headed step child. They should have bought that guy or better yet, had him buy into Harley and work with R&D and pump out the sport bikes and street fighters branded as Harleys. Rather than shoving an Evo in a sophisticated frame and calling it a buell. My wide glide when it was brand new in 2013 was an 18k dollar bike off the show room floor. There isn't 10k in parts and labor to put one together. You think I paid 18k for it? Hell no. First midlife crisis have to give it up due to failing health add that came on Craigslist I stole it with 800 miles for 6800.
They'd also do better if they put multiple production plants up in states that lack winter. Or expand into the power sports realm, build dirt bikes, jetskis, side by sides, and quads to steal some money from Polaris/Victory/Indian. But when you market a bike that looks like it's from the 50s, to folks in their 50s and 60s and slap a price tag of 30k on it... then wonder why your company is going belly up and sales are dropping...

On a personal note. I am no more entitled, privileged, special, than you, nor are you more entitled, privileged, special than me. We're Americans. First and foremost. I can understand your perspective and transgressions. Unfortunately ignorance isn't exclusive to any one particular group. But I can't sympathize with a victim/lemming outlook. I can only encourage you to see things objectively rather than short sightedly as part of group think.

As far as you being under the impression the right wing is coming for you or looking to strip rights, that's absurd.
One issue, I would encourage the older Republicans to drop. Abortion.
Older Republicans crack me up... all life is sacred! Yet... complain about single mothers/fathers and the crime that stems from broken homes without positive role models for parents...
To them I say drop it, that hill is not the one to die on. So long as it's not funded in tax dollars, and it's privately funded... Reason being. There are more people that have kids, that I wouldn't trust raising a puppy, and wonder why society is as degenerate as it is... perhaps if they had the option and weren't persecuted as being some sort of sinner and aborted rather than bringing a kid into a non conducive environment...
I find that to be incredibly selfish to bring a kid into this world for all the wrong reasons, but that's another topic for discussion and it primarily revolves around personal and fiscal responsibilities...

Far as Pat Buchanan goes, you can question those that support him and why. To ask why Buchanan says and believes what he does that's for you to ask him.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:36 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,366,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're the one who was opining about Ivy League Colleges having only 25% of white students even though the schools were founded by whites, if I misunderstood then I guess you will need to explain to me what your point was.

And your claim that only 25% of the student body of ivy league colleges is way off, Columbia is the lowest at 40% and Dartmouth the highest with 56% white students. The only minority race that is over represented are Asians https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...www.google.com

Buchanan is a nasty old man, he's racist and nativist and always has been. And if you are claiming that Europe is going to jump on the alt-right bandwagon think again. Hungary does not exemplify the rest of Europe. Victor Orban is a petty dictator who is pushing Hungary into a full blown autocracy.

In his column of 4/20, Mr. Buchanan correctly points out that Hungarian nationalism, rather than racism, is responsible for increasing distrust of George Soros and other European globalists; what he has not acknowledged is that the resurgence in Hungarian nationalism after the final break-up of the Hapsburg Empire in 1919 had a particularly ugly side effect in the extermination of Hungarian Jewry and gypsies at an unusually late date, and by more ugly and methodical means, than most of Nazism's crimes.

https://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Hun.../dp/0759121982

Hungary was goaded into the Axis at a relatively late date in both the war and the Holocaust. The majority of the simpler agrarian Jews living in shtetls (feudally-modeled Orthodox communities) to the north and east had been rounded up and slaughtered by less-efficient means, and many successful, more-secular Jews in Northern and Western Europe had fled to the west and, upon the event of later Nazi occupation, proved harder to locate, as in the case of Anne Frank's family. But the killing machinery at Auschwitz had served much of its dark purpose, and needed new "feedstock"; the lamentable record of which is linked above.

Whether Mr. Buchanan merely didn't do his homework, or whether he deliberately ignored this point is a matter on which I won't speculate; but it should be recognized that most crimes against humanity are collective efforts, and too often fueled by the most vicious sentiments within a group. The particularly embittered individual might lead the mob, but it takes raw, and not-too-deep-thinking numbers to carry out the atrocity.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-22-2018 at 01:41 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 12:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why did Pat put forth a black female as a running mate? Because he wanted to stick you all in ovens?
So people like you would have ways of deflecting from the blatantly racist things that come out of his mouth.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:59 AM

1,704 posts, read 751,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Should it entitle you to anything less?

In the 60’s liberals called for a color blind society. Now it is the conservatives.
Nobody feels entiltled here but Europeans.... It's the new Alt-Right BS!

However, it really isn't anything new at all. It's really just the SOS boiled over once again. It's the same yhing that infused a certain portion of them to assume that due to their ignorant idea that they were superior to all human beings, that God empowered them to have dominion over the entire earth to do whatever to whomever for their benefit. All do to the fact that they wore white skin.

These particular white Europeans then falsely assumed that since God had chosen them of all human species to be his favored race of all others, that he also provided them with the wit and ongenuity of science and invention to discover longitude and firearms. The tools that they would need in order to wreak havoc throughout the earth by decimating thousands of cultures, causing the deaths of millions of innocent people of color, and thus perpetrating mass genocide throughout the entire planet. These are the same people who while raping, murdering, pillaging, plundering, and terrorizing non-white people all over the planet, also carried with them both their lethal viruses and religion. One was used to destroy the body while the other was used to destroy the mind. Both were used for the sole purpose of destroying anything in their twisted mind's path to European domination.

It's this type of mental illness that destroyed the indigenous American. It's this type of insanity that murdered and enslaved millions of subsaharan Africans. It's this type of sickened mentality that perpetrated mass genocide against the Jews in Germany.

This is nothing but the derivation of pure unadulterated Alt-Right and white supremacist idiocy. The very same type of idiocy that brought the world mass suffering numerous times before. It will continue to raise its ugly and despicable head until it is finally cut off!

This is why we have such groups as the Antifa, JDL, and BLM. It's these groups and the groups currently forming who will oppose you and destroy your sick and debilitating ideas, hopefully once and for all!

Old 04-22-2018, 01:37 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,366,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
This is nothing but the derivation of pure unadulterated Alt-Right and white supremacist idiocy. The very same type of idiocy that brought the world mass suffering numerous times before. It will continue to raise its ugly and despicable head until it is finally cut off!

This is why we have such groups as the Antifa, JDL, and BLM. It's these groups and the groups currently forming who will oppose you and destroy your sick and debilitating ideas, hopefully once and for all!
Your rant represents the same strain of petty, vulgar egalitarianism exposed in several previous posts: you can't fight blatant racism by equating it with all points of view that don't meet your personal standards of Social justice and Political Correctness

Old 04-22-2018, 01:52 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,769,111 times
No need to even discuss this. Genie is out of the bottle. Nobody is going back to the birth of a Nation. Stormfront is ---->>>>> that way!!!!

Old 04-22-2018, 02:45 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
He's absolutely right in concept, but no purpose is served by trying to tie the obvious strengths and benefits of strong nationalism to a god. It only makes the argument a non-starter for an overwhelming slice of the population and, in the end, further empowers the globalists.
I agree, but I'm afraid the slice of the population which is both anti-religion and possibly receptive to strong nationalism is actually pretty thin.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:50 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
No need to even discuss this. Genie is out of the bottle. Nobody is going back to the birth of a Nation. Stormfront is ---->>>>> that way!!!!
...no need to discuss your clumsy straw man. Few want the Old South back but many would like to see Western Civilization survive.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,924,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Nobody feels entiltled here but Europeans.... It's the new Alt-Right BS!

However, it really isn't anything new at all. It's really just the SOS boiled over once again. It's the same yhing that infused a certain portion of them to assume that due to their ignorant idea that they were superior to all human beings, that God empowered them to have dominion over the entire earth to do whatever to whomever for their benefit. All do to the fact that they wore white skin.

These particular white Europeans then falsely assumed that since God had chosen them of all human species to be his favored race of all others, that he also provided them with the wit and ongenuity of science and invention to discover longitude and firearms. The tools that they would need in order to wreak havoc throughout the earth by decimating thousands of cultures, causing the deaths of millions of innocent people of color, and thus perpetrating mass genocide throughout the entire planet. These are the same people who while raping, murdering, pillaging, plundering, and terrorizing non-white people all over the planet, also carried with them both their lethal viruses and religion. One was used to destroy the body while the other was used to destroy the mind. Both were used for the sole purpose of destroying anything in their twisted mind's path to European domination.

It's this type of mental illness that destroyed the indigenous American. It's this type of insanity that murdered and enslaved millions of subsaharan Africans. It's this type of sickened mentality that perpetrated mass genocide against the Jews in Germany.

Ignoring the fact slavery and all the other atrocities you lay at the feet of the white man were the way the world was. When cultures collided the result was almost universally genocide and slavery. It was actually Western Civilization where the Enlightenment occurred and where now the atrocities that marked human kinds history since the dawn of civilization are on the wane.

It is the left that primarily believes that individuals are entitled to the wealth of others. That people are entitled to their share of wealth for simply gracing is with their presence.

Pat is my man on foreign policy. He would be my SOS. Not my President. Rand is my man for that position.

Free men, free markets and free trade are my guiding principles. But we need to stop being the world’s policeman. It is not in our best interests. Pat is the man who I most trust to bring our troops home from the ME and the rest of the world.

Last edited by whogo; 04-22-2018 at 03:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies