Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 10:48 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump- Tariff wars are easy to win.

Reality- WH wants to GIVE farmers billions to cover their losses due to his tariffs.

Too much winning
$12 billion aid package targeting soybean farmers, dairy farmers, and pork producers, among others.

"The funds will come through direct assistance, a food purchase and distribution program, and a trade promotion program."

Depression era program that does not require congressional approval.

"It allows the CCC to borrow up to $30 billion from the Treasury Department to “stabilize, support, and protect farm income and prices.”

“If tariffs are the greatest and trade wars are easy to win, why do you have to buy the political silence of the farmers?” former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin wrote on Twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.f7eb2f60c116

Trump just keeps lying.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:32 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotherequickasicould View Post
$12 billion aid package targeting soybean farmers, dairy farmers, and pork producers, among others.

"the funds will come through direct assistance, a food purchase and distribution program, and a trade promotion program."

depression era program that does not require congressional approval.

"it allows the ccc to borrow up to $30 billion from the treasury department to “stabilize, support, and protect farm income and prices.”

“if tariffs are the greatest and trade wars are easy to win, why do you have to buy the political silence of the farmers?” former congressional budget office director douglas holtz-eakin wrote on twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.f7eb2f60c116

trump just keeps lying.
+1

Old 07-24-2018, 12:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Trump leader of the conservative party sure does spend money like he has it.
Oh that's right he does, just use taxpayer money.
What the heck happen to the party of deficit hawks?
This guy creates problems and then swoops down and tries to make himself look like a hero because he tells his base how he fixed the problem.

I just don't get it.
What you dont get is how gullible his acolytes are

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...=NEWSSTAND0001
Now he tweets Russia wants Dems to win

Why
Their puppet is doing great wo Dems' help

Old 07-24-2018, 01:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
the question of what day he arrived in Scotland two years ago is a triviality, and it would be a waste of POTUS time to fact check and correct it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball
when your claim is a prediction the fact that it happened AFTER the event is far from a triviality. i wish your theory were true, i'd love if bookmakers would allow me to bet on games after they happened but.... they don't share your view.(emphasis added)
personally, i've enjoyed presidents that have fact-checked their info before speaking. but...... fortunately for trump he doesn't have to go thru the hassle, AP ( and anyone with an internet connection ) were nice enough to do it for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
this was someone's #1 example of a Trump 'lie,' .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball
because it is.

What the Chuck?

Where did I make a prediction? What does the gibberish @bold even mean?

Yes, the question of what day Trump was in Scotland 2 years ago is a triviality. Just ask yourself what would change if he had not said it. The answer is NOTHING. That is the definition of a triviality.

And you still do not have proof of intent to deceive, which is necessary to fulfill the definition of "lie." I know an 8-yr-old who has more facility with the dictionary than some of the CD liberals on this thread.

Say wrecking ball, did you have a conniption fit when President Obama said that his uncle helped liberate Aukschwitz, which turned out not to be true? Some on the right did. I did not. Did you?
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...not-auschwitz/

Old 07-24-2018, 01:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Plus because his tariffs are killing farmers, he wants 12billion in farm subsidies
Thats what I call buying an election

He doesnt need 12 billion in farm aid
He needs JUDICIOUS policies on trade

Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Trump leader of the conservative party sure does spend money like he has it.
Oh that's right he does, just use taxpayer money.
What the heck happen to the party of deficit hawks?
This guy creates problems and then swoops down and tries to make himself look like a hero because he tells his base how he fixed the problem.

I just don't get it.
Straight outta the Putin playbook.
Create problem, blame political adversary, swoop in and fix it all the while continuously smearing political adversary.
Donald wants his family to live in the White House forever...look how long Puyin has managed to stay in power. He s his role model.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:28 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Where did I make a prediction?

i wasn't speaking of you, we're talking about trump's claim to have predicted the brexit outcome before it happened.

Quote:
And you still do not have proof of intent to deceive, ....

the facts are clear, trump did not predict the outcome of brexit before it happened. to leave his claim that he did unadjusted is a lie by omission regardless of his original intent.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:35 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What does the gibberish @bold even mean?

it's a very simple analogy. if you can't understand it i don't know what can be said to help you.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:55 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Trump following GOP ideas during the great depression(1920's) with his tariffs. So he now has to pay off the farmers because he has destroyed their markets.
Trump then spends his day in Kansas lying away to veterans.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:14 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump following GOP ideas during the great depression(1920's) with his tariffs. So he now has to pay off the farmers because he has destroyed their markets.
Trump then spends his day in Kansas lying away to veterans.
Oh, good Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies