Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Says the man who believes in the social contract.

Without the leviathan your life would be nasty brutish and short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Doesn't that include being able to sell that labour?
Winterfall's system says you can't sell your labor. And I'm guessing it would be enforced at gunpoint.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Without the leviathan your life would be nasty brutish and short.
As opposed to my life growing up when the State was actively trying to exterminate me.

Decisions, decisions...

Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
So if someone supports Marxism they're a troll.

It's capitalism or nothing.
Most people in this politics forum are far right reactionaries.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
That's slavery.
When you consent to something you aren't a slave.

Now most folks around these parts believe consent comes from standing in a certain geographic area or sliding out of a vagina so I can see why this hard for them to understand but anything you consent to doing is automatically not slavery.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
There is no central government power. The power that there is is decided by the workers.
Workers

See that "s" on the end? That means power is centralized by committee. It can be a committee of 2 or a committee of 7 billion but it's still a committee.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I assume if you live in the mountain you won't be in between any major road ways connecting the two factories.

Also, like I said, if there is not an emergency and they can assume someone lives there then they should wait until the MM comes back or else go look for another source.
Doesn't matter. Your system requires that a man living alone away from the syndicate use his labor to stave off said entity if they deem it necessary to utilize his tools in his absence.

And then you want to require him to know where the next factory town over is located too. Hell, you require him to know the existence of the syndicate and their political functioning features.

Slavery of the body and mind...just like a lot of Marxist ideologues propagated as they ravaged the world last century.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:49 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,557,325 times
Quote:
So if someone supports Marxism they're a troll.

It's capitalism or nothing.

You've said a mouthful, no doubt without intending to.

Yes, it's either capitalism or you live a life with pretty much nothing, because, capitalism, and only capitalism is able to create wealth in the form of goods & service, and the $$$ to purchase same. So yes, it's either capitalism or poverty, i.e. "nothing".

Your post however, accomplished another feat in confirming that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
That might be easy to say, but I would like a better explanation for that answer -why is being able to sell your own labour, without coercion, slavery?

Is me deciding to work at the local KFC, the same in essence, as a slave working in a salt mine?
You can agree with someone else to act their slave and work for them but you can never have that legally written down in contract.

In a union it would be like buying a vote.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:54 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,557,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Workers

See that "s" on the end? That means power is centralized by committee. It can be a committee of 2 or a committee of 7 billion but it's still a committee.
Yah, that'll work. A bunch of visionless labor making command-level decisions. Right..., sure, no problem!!!!

You've obviously never run a business or other organization, or you would know that it takes special people to see broadly and deeply, to be able to read the tea leaves, develop a long term plan and short term tactics to accomplish the organization's mission. Labor, OTOH, just has to do what they are told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies