Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 10:55 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
So if someone comes along and robs your house (with the intent to give it back later, of course), your response, naturally, would be to thank them for reminding you of what's important? This could somehow be a positive event?

Surely you wouldn't, I mean, after all, someone committed a crime against you. But if someone were allowed to steal from you legally, I'll bet that wouldn't soften the blow. I'll bet that you would realize that you were twice as violated, not only by the person who robbed you but also by the entity that was supposed to maintain the social contract and ensure justice in the society that you live in and contribute to.

For the record, I do wish that I could admire what I think you truly believe is a sense of universal justice and equality, but I think that you and others who support your arguments are extremely dangerous. I don't say that because I don't understand the picture that you are painting, I say that because you, history be damned, only see one idyllic and frankly unreachable outcome of an insidiously dangerous political philosophy.
There is no theft in Marxism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Speculative investing isn't capitalism.

However, Beavers are concerned about futures, in that they lay in a supply of foodstuffs for the winter, an build a dam to create a lake to assist in their "venture".

I score you post: Epic Fail!!!
Vulture capitalism is the natural evolution of any system that allows a person to own the labor of another and to 'control' the land we live on.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:03 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
There is no theft in Marxism.
If you leave a campfire burning when you go out to fish so the syndicate doesn't "borrow" your stuff.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
How many beavers sit around and speculate on lumber futures?
Says the man who believes in the social contract.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
They were even poorer before when they had excepted capitalism. Today the government still tried to oppress them and yet they have freedom of self determination, produce food for everyone, and give the community a sense of purpose.

I think you're ignoring all the militaristic acts done against them that have forced the Zapatistas to take up arms and defend themselves. Isn't that what you hate, the government terrorizing people for living the way they want?

Indigenous people in the area finally have rights and are treated with respect for the first time.
They also form their own governments in the remote poverty-stricken areas they control.

In the words of Pete Townsend: Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Capitalism forces the surplus not to go into the hands of the worker but the person who owns the labor.

In a free society people have a right to the ownership of their own labor.
Doesn't that include being able to sell that labour?

Old 05-03-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Doesn't that include being able to sell that labour?
That's slavery.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you leave a campfire burning when you go out to fish so the syndicate doesn't "borrow" your stuff.

I assume if you live in the mountain you won't be in between any major road ways connecting the two factories.

Also, like I said, if there is not an emergency and they can assume someone lives there then they should wait until the MM comes back or else go look for another source.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They also form their own governments in the remote poverty-stricken areas they control.

In the words of Pete Townsend: Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
There is no central government power. The power that there is is decided by the workers.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:24 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
That's slavery.
That might be easy to say, but I would like a better explanation for that answer -why is being able to sell your own labour, without coercion, slavery?

Is me deciding to work at the local KFC, the same in essence, as a slave working in a salt mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies