Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you think Mueller's Russia investigation will end?
End of a witch hunt with no evidence of wrong doings 41 41.41%
No impeachment, but some blaming statement comparable to the "carelessness" in the Hillary email investigation conclusion 14 14.14%
Impeachment, but acquittal 3 3.03%
Impeachment + conviction, but stays in office 4 4.04%
Impeachment + conviction + resignation or removal from office 18 18.18%
Other (elaborate) 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trump will cut a deal and resign rather than face impeachment and/or prison for himself and family.
Would you like to discuss the DOJ regulations regarding the ability to indict a sitting President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 03:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
trump will cut a deal and resign rather than face impeachment and/or prison for himself and family.
Trump is innocent. He has done nothing wrong.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:33 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
Certainly if you spend any time reading the posts in the politics section of this site, you have to already know that posters here do not represent the majority of Americans. I knew without looking at your poll results would it would heavily favor, “no wrong doing”. Most folks who post here are hard core tRump supporters, hardly representative of the country’s citizens. That said, unless the democrats shake up the House in the mid-terms, tRump will persevere. I honestly don’t think there is ANYTHING tRump could do that the GOP would not ignore. I never imagined the republicans could be so spineless.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:34 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Would you like to discuss the DOJ regulations regarding the ability to indict a sitting President?
Not the issue. They will present a strong case for indictments on both federal and state charges, which he will face after leaving office. He will take a resignation offer in return for no indictments after he leaves office. He will do this for himself and/or his kids. But not Jared

Old 05-04-2018, 03:36 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
The truth will be revealed, whatever that is.

His base won't care what he's done.

I think he will remain in office, regardless.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You really need to pay attention, not just spout off what your wishes might be. The Manafort case is OVER...! As in OVER...! With Mueller soon to follow.
Stay close to your radio... the fun is just beginning...
Thank you Donald for saving America, even though he protests too much Mr. Grey loves you to, and enjoys watching you MAGA...
Thanks grey...
I wish we could find a way to put money on it. Id drop $100 on a bet saying you are wrong at even odds. I AM paying attention. Including reading up what other lawyers who have been in front of this judge are saying. Manafort committed real crimes. Go read some of the evidence.

Go listen to real actual lawyers who practice law instead of talk show folks trying to entertain you. Or pay attention to what the judge said.
Quote:
The judge recommended that investigations into Manafort’s alleged bank fraud should be turned over to the US Attorney’s district office in Virginia.
This is about who gets to prosecute him, not if he is prosecuted.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Not the issue. They will present a strong case for indictments on both federal and state charges, which he will face after leaving office. He will take a resignation offer in return for no indictments after he leaves office. He will do this for himself and/or his kids. But not Jared

Old 05-04-2018, 03:41 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny you laugh at others.....tell us, is collusion a crime? I mean...you say it is...
No, but "Conspiracy against the United States" most certainly is. Ask Paul Manafort.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:43 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
greywar is right to a point. i think trump walks away with no charges, though the left will still push the russian collusion narrative to their detriment.

as for manafort and others, they may be convicted on minor crimes, and have to pay fines, and possibly serve a short term in prison at worst.
But President Trump can pardon them , either in 20 or 24.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny you laugh at others.....tell us, is collusion a crime? I mean...you say it is...
The vast majority of actions around it are in fact crimes. This is sort of a nonsense defense. I could use the term conspiracy to commit criminal acts, but I like using the single word of collusion as it captures the entirety of it. Any more nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I don't mean and don't want to hijack my own thread, but can't resist whenever the word "law" is used against Trump: what about the immigration law? (Disclaim: I did not vote for Trump or Clinton)

Just a side remark.
What about it? No really...what do you want to know? And before you get started keep in mind-I voted for Clinton, but also think that illegal immigrants need to be removed from our country. And I didn't think she would do that, but had to balance all other factors when choosing who I voted for. I don't think Trump will either to be honest, but he might at least try, although the wall is a hilariously stupid idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies