Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30301...mpaign=dwbrand

"On Wednesday, Iowa legislators passed the "Heartbeat" bill, which would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detectable. On Friday, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds (R) signed the bill into law."

“We’re not hiding that at all. A lot has changed since 1973, including Justices, and frankly, the Court got it wrong...”

Don't think it will be long now before Roe v. Wade will be overturned. A day to celebrate.
Passes the logic test --- if you stop a beating heart, you have killed.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
A lot of tests are failed. Not a single pro-lifer addressed my points about doing things that would indeed lead to less reasons for abortion.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:04 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A lot of tests are failed. Not a single pro-lifer addressed my points about doing things that would indeed lead to less reasons for abortion.
There are over 14,000 Public Health Department Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US that provide free birth control. What more do you need?

You can lead a horse to water...

Old 05-08-2018, 05:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Buy contraceptives.
And use them.
Problem solved.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Buy contraceptives.
And use them.
Problem solved.
I want to argue that those who say that many pro-lifers only care until the baby is born are wrong but I can't.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:58 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not one or the other.

There exists a number of possible actions that may be taken before and after the child is conceived.

The first is to use effective contraception.

If that is too much to ask, don't copulate.

If that doesn't seem doable, and a child is conceived because you did the pants-off dance-off without adequate BC, the unwanted child may be delivered, taken home and cared for or placed for adoption.

Nice professional couples, disproportionately Christian, spend years and a considerable amount of money trying to adopt babies you don't want.

FTR, it's not the mother's body. If it were it would have her DNA and always be female.
And abortion is also an option for those dealing with an unwanted pregnancy, who do not want to be incubators for infertile couples.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not one or the other.

There exists a number of possible actions that may be taken before and after the child is conceived.

The first is to use effective contraception.

If that is too much to ask, don't copulate.

If that doesn't seem doable, and a child is conceived because you did the pants-off dance-off without adequate BC, the unwanted child may be delivered, taken home and cared for or placed for adoption.

Nice professional couples, disproportionately Christian, spend years and a considerable amount of money trying to adopt babies you don't want.

FTR, it's not the mother's body. If it were it would have her DNA and always be female.

So what? That means nothing.

It can't exist without using my body and if that is against my will I can evict it.

BTW, MY BODY.....my body to feed as I wish, if that is Twinkies and mercury laden tuna everyday, that is my business. I will eat, drink, toke and smoke whatever I please and if I do not want to partake of prenatal care or vitamins I won't do that either. Do people like you want to pay me for the work I miss and the money it costs me to care for the fetus you are so worried about?

.........and....... according to you, none of that matters, after all, it's not a part of my body so what difference does it make what I do?

Sorry, carrying a fetus can literally kill me and I get to choose whether or not I want to take that risk.

AND, a question for you......

If a woman has her tubes tied and ends up pregnant anyway, do you think she should be allowed to abort?

Old 05-08-2018, 09:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:

Not according to Roe v Wade
A beating heart alone isn't enough to guarantee viability of life outside the mother...
And you know it

Old 05-09-2018, 05:03 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And abortion is also an option for those dealing with an unwanted pregnancy, who do not want to be incubators for infertile couples.
"And abortion is also an option for those dealing with an unwanted pregnancy"

The usual take NO responsibility for your actions crowd.

If you stick your hand in a fire you PROBABLY will get it burnt.

There are LOTS of things RESPONSIBLE MATURE people can DO to prevent getting pregnant.

If you DON'T KNOW what they are well, nothing else needs to be said.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:21 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not according to Roe v Wade
A beating heart alone isn't enough to guarantee viability of life outside the mother...
Then abolish fetal homicide laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies