Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 10:14 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, he is being taken seriously by many anti-illegals in here and that's why it's important to make your position clear. Does he really want the confuse "them"?
What's confusing about the posts? If one supports a non-stop influx of cheap labor that makes the rich even richer by saving them employment costs and keeps middle class and low-income wages artificially depressed, vote Dem, the "pro-illegals" party. How do you think DACA happened? Dem EO. It certainly wasn't voted on in Congress.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:16 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems trump is blaming Democrats for the family separations,last i saw Repubs had majority in house/senate/supreme court and trump is in the White House, instead of the usual blame game fix the problem.
It takes 60 votes in the Senate to invoke cloture.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:59 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What's confusing about the posts? If one supports a non-stop influx of cheap labor that makes the rich even richer by saving them employment costs and keeps middle class and low-income wages artificially depressed, vote Dem, the "pro-illegals" party. How do you think DACA happened? Dem EO. It certainly wasn't voted on in Congress.

I have already explained what is confusing about his posts. He fails to use the sarcasm icon if he is truly opposed to illegal immigration even though I have asked him to in order to limit confusion. As I said, many anti-illegals have been confused by him including myself as to what his true opinions and views are and have ended up attacking him. I smell a troll based on that. Everything is else you mentioned in regards to the Democrats I am well aware of. It's over, he's on my ignore list based on the above.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:08 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
I took it as sarcasm. And it's quite effective at making the point. If forces the "pro-illegal aliens" crowd to face their utter hypocrisy by showing them they support exactly the opposite of the "values" they claim to represent.
And yet-most of the pro-criminals aren't even smart enough to see it or even recognize it as sarcasm. Perfectly good sarcasm is wasted when you overestimate your target's intelligence.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:41 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
You guys are still spinning the BS. Lol.

People cross the border illegally are breaking the law and get arrested. Whether they call themselves asylum seekers or not.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:11 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Asylum seekers ARE there legally, until it's determined they are not. Then they get deported. Why are their children seperated from them???
Ahh, "Asylum seekers."
Is that the new "compassionate" euphemism for border jumpers?
Why didn't they seek "Asylum" in Mexico? You know, the country
they just traveled nearly two thousand miles through?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:16 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Proof?
The photo of a kid in a cage was from 2014. Even Feinstein admitted it was done during Obama's term.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:17 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,639 times
They can pass any law they want, the point is that this is done to instill FEAR, it's terrorism. No surprise as the u.s. has always supported terrorism. Right now it is supporting aqaeda and other mercenaries on behalf of saudi arabia blocking yemeni ports and millions of people are on the brink of starvation.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:29 PM

6,825 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Quote:
It takes 60 votes in the Senate to invoke cloture.
If this is such a great policy why isn't Trump owning it instead of blaming it on the democrats. Trump instructed Session implement a zero tolerance policy for those crossing the border but he will not own the very same policy he put in place. He will not defend his actions but rather do what the always does and is to deflect and lie. I your willing to implement the policy you should at least be man enough to defend it. This president is spineless.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:40 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.

Wait......

I thought Liberals were all about the separation of church and state?

So now, y'all do a 180 on letting Christian morality play a part in government when it suits your agenda?

Pfffttttt.....hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies