Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I thought the original deal was for them (Iran) to stop their nuclear weapons program in exchange for a releasing of international trade sanctions and a return of their money being held in American banks,They complied with their end of the deal and the rest of the countries involved seem content with the deal. What is there to renegotiate?
  • The sunset provisions.
  • The lack of oversight on rocket technology that could be used to deliver a bomb.
  • Their continued support of terrorist organizations.

The sunset provisions should not have been included and the other two should have been addressed.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

But the fact is that it put a halt to Iran's progress towards gaining a nuclear arsenal.
It's only a delay.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:12 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's only a delay.
True indeed. Why delay Iran for some 10 years when we can pull out and let Iran immediately begin development again?

Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
True indeed. Why delay Iran for some 10 years when we can pull out and let Iran immediately begin development again?
The only one that benefits from kicking the can down the road is Iran.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:39 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Did it? We know this how? Iran has denied any access to military sites suspected in the past of nuclear activities. Inspectors have to take their word. Iran has not disposed of the centrifuges designed to enrich uranium well beyond nuclear power grade. Iran has not ceased research and development into rocketry that could carry warheads.
So your opinion is based on what, the BS that flows out of Netanyahu's mouth? I prefer to believe the IAEA inspectors who stated that:

Quote:
“As of today, I can state that Iran is implementing its nuclear-related commitments,” he said in his introductory statement to the Board. “The JCPOA represents a significant gain for verification. It is essential that Iran continues to fully implement those commitments. If the JCPOA were to fail, it would be a great loss for nuclear verification and for multilateralism.”

Mr Amano said IAEA inspectors had had access to all the sites and locations which they needed to visit. “The Agency continues to verify the non-diversion of nuclear material declared by Iran under its Safeguards Agreement,” he added. “Evaluations regarding the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran continue.”

At a news conference later in the day, Mr Amano gave more details of the Agency’s activities in Iran.

“Our inspection work has doubled since 2013. IAEA inspectors now spend 3,000 calendar days per year on the ground in Iran,” he said. “We have installed some 2,000 tamper-proof seals on nuclear material and equipment. We collect and analyse hundreds of thousands of images captured daily by our sophisticated surveillance cameras in Iran — about half of the total number of such images that we collect throughout the world.”
https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news...lls-iaea-board

Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's only a delay.
That's true of EVERY treaty/agreement.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:55 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
At this point I say let Iran develop nukes--they'll need them.

Look what happens to countries who give them up, i.e. Libya.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
At this point I say let Iran develop nukes--they'll need them.

Look what happens to countries who give them up, i.e. Libya.
Very True. Americans are also paying enough more for gas now (3.5 year high) to offset anything gained from tax cuts. So we added 1.5 trillion to the debt and deficit - for nothing! Well, actually for less than nothing, since Grandma and many others are soon going to find out about Trump and Ryans cuts to their health care benefits.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:36 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Very True. Americans are also paying enough more for gas now (3.5 year high) to offset anything gained from tax cuts. So we added 1.5 trillion to the debt and deficit - for nothing! Well, actually for less than nothing, since Grandma and many others are soon going to find out about Trump and Ryans cuts to their health care benefits.
Interesting. I thought I vaguely remembered you being in favor of higher gas prices so I did a search, which I rarely do. About two years ago you said:

"What you say is "good" (cheap gas) is actually bad for the same people you seem to cheer. US Drillers cannot make money at $40 a barrel which is why so many oil drilling rigs are offline right now and why oil company stocks are doing horribly.

So you are celebrating the loss of jobs and industry...because your gas is 50 cents or a dollar cheaper? Typical."

So if oil is up, why aren't you applauding? Seems like the leftards are always clamoring for higher gas prices to incentivize reduced consumption and improved efficiency but yet villify Trump for doing something that may result in higher gas prices.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:45 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It makes perfect sense to those who want constant war--just like how both Clinton and Cheney/Rumsfeld knew 9/11 was going to happen and they did nothing to stop it.
Cheney and his son are part of the energy company that wants to extract the oil found on the Golan Heights, the part of Syria stolen by Israel.
Partition of Syria: US and Israel eye Golan Heights oil | Asia Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies