Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 07:25 PM

73,132 posts, read 62,791,937 times

Advertisements

President Trump will lash out at NFL players who kneel with no hesitation. However, when it comes to Neo-Nazis and the alt-right, he is not as willing to lash out at them. He will make a bit of criticism of them, but he says there were some fine people among them. He never said "Neo-Nazis shouldn't be in this country". That let's me know where his priorities are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Not in Trump Times. That's just part and parcel of responding to the dog whistles.

As the saying goes, pretty soon they'll be coming for you and me. Plenty of reasons.....I'm a

lib
yankee
jew
italian
catholic
ex-hippie
educated
and many other things that "the Trump Mobs" could use as an excuse.

I don't pray and I don't have a flag in my house either. Man, they would make mincemeat out of me.

I guess I will start to pray - for this Republic.
That hate crime doesn't surprise me. There are White people who had hate crimes committed against them for being friends with(and in some cases being married to) someone of a different race. Chicago, before being a racially segregated city, it was an ethnically segregated city. I read that back in the early days, if a German walked into a Polish-dominated bar, he would get beaten severely. And vice versa.

Hate knows no bounds.

Who I am.

African-American
Catholic (I'm a convert to the Catholic faith)
Nerdy(and Educated)
I have friends who are a different race than me (and I will gladly date outside of my race, given the chance).
I hate the Confederate flag.
No flag flying at my house.

I do pray. And there are likely non-praying types among Trump supporters.

Last edited by green_mariner; 05-25-2018 at 07:44 PM..

Old 05-25-2018, 07:41 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,130,918 times
Quote:
Not in Trump Times. That's just part and parcel of responding to the dog whistles.

As the saying goes, pretty soon they'll be coming for you and me. Plenty of reasons.....I'm a

lib
yankee
jew
italian
catholic
ex-hippie
educated

I don't pray and I don't have a flag in my house either. Man, they would make mincemeat out of me.

By leftists, I've been called a:

Racist
Nazi
Fascist
Right-winger
Trump supporter

By right-wingers, I've been called a:

Leftist
Liberal
Commie
America-hater

I don't pray either, nor do I own an American flag. Man, they would make mincemeat out of me, too, if I didn't own multiple firearms.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,045,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
He is right. Who the heck are these ungrateful thugs to think they can benefit from our wonderful country but disrespectful it at the same time. Let them all go back to their sh@thole countries and try this. They would be thrown in jail. I sure as hell wouldn’t live in a country that I do not respec. You shouldn’t not be entitled to this country’s freedom if you hate the country and disrespect it on national tv.

Build the wall. Throw these idiots out with the Mexicans. I would have no problem with that.
Demanding others to stand on command "because freedumb!" is far, FAR greater disrespect to everything this nation represents than kneeling. Since you supposedly "respec" America, you should know that. You should also probably know that nearly everyone in the NFL is American, so what exact "s**thole" country would they be going back to? I KNOW what you're thinking - I'm just curious if you'll actually say it and make the real problem here even more clear.

Do you count the far-right, white supremacist toolbags who violently rioted last summer over the removal of their Confederate Snowflake statues among the people who hate this nation and disrespect it on national TV, or is your anger just reserved for "Mexicans" and others who don't meet certain stereotypes?

Old 05-25-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
President Trump will lash out at NFL players who kneel with no hesitation. However, when it comes to Neo-Nazis and the alt-right, he is not as willing to lash out at them. He will make a bit of criticism of them, but he says there were some fine people among them. He never said "Neo-Nazis shouldn't be in this country". That let's me know where his priorities are.
Exactly. The disgusting irony of the right-wing on this is pathetic. They'll keep mouthing off about "how somebody needs to do something about those (black) football players who ain't respecing Americuh!" and how dare anyone ever protest anything... but the moment some bigoted right-wing Neo-Nazis start violently protesting and running people over with cars, the far-right and Trump is OK with all of their horrible behavior. In Trump land, being a Klansman makes you a "very fine person," but kneeling during the anthem makes you horrible and "hating freedom" - because you won't stand when Dear Leader demands it.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:51 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,405,169 times
Quote:

lib
yankee
jew
italian
catholic
ex-hippie
educated

Trump's America is what finally motivated me to go back to church. I pray every day that this country will come to its senses and find a path through these dark times. I even pray for Donald Trump. I never thought I would be able to do that, but somehow the Episcopal church's corporate prayer, which includes praying for our nation's elected leaders, has given me the strength to do so.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
He never said "Neo-Nazis shouldn't be in this country". That let's me know where his priorities are.
One of the interesting thing about the real Nazis is how they were REALLY sad-type people. Goring was a fat pig who ingested vast quantities of drugs daily (so did Hitler and most others - morphine and meth combos, etc.), Goebels was short and limped around on a club foot (rejected from the military- and for real...not for a bonespur like our current Dear Leader)....Himmler (SS leader) was the LAST person you'd expect to be the leader of the ultimate killing machine, having failed (despite powerful connections) to make a career in the military, he found his home in jew-hating and propaganda and went far.

Compared to these losers, Hitler looked sane...it was quite a motley crew. The "good germans" we still respect today (Romell, etc.) - they were anti-Nazi and of the old "Prussian officer doing their duty" class.

These personalities are telling...because the monster that was Nazi Germany wasn't put together by some brilliant men. It was a frame of mind that took hold among a very small percentage of Germans (members of the party) and that was that.

Those that think it can't happen here don't know their history. If anything, Americans are less educated and civilized than your average German was....and therefore more susceptible to BS and being controlled.

Who would have every predicted - even 10 years ago - that Putin would be a revered figure among many Americans and that the top aides to our POTUS and candidates would have had dealings with him or his cohorts? Who would have imagined that we wouldn't just march those people in jail?

Is there nothing our powerful class can't get away with? It seems so as long as they say the "right words" and salute the flag.

The motto is - doesn't take too many rotten apples (in this case) to spoil the bunch. By any measure, Trumpies are a minority of Americans. But definitely enough to sink the ship.

Lowest in modern history - by the way. So maybe there is hope. If he was a normal human being he'd understand his position and be a centrist. But he has decided to just keep feeding lies to those who eat them up because it's better for his ego.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Old 05-25-2018, 07:54 PM

24,750 posts, read 9,544,314 times
Quote:
Neo-Nazis aren’t being paid millions to play professional football on my TV screen.

Trump’s pandering to his base is no different than Obama’s pandering to raice baiters, BLM, and the new black panther party which was accused of voter intimidation.

How sad that we forget the disdain of Obama was what led America to vote for a reality TV star.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Demanding others to stand on command is far, FAR great disrespect to everything this nation represents than kneeling. Since you supposed "respec" America, you should know that.

Do you count the far-right, white supremacist toolbags who violently rioted last summer over the removal of their Confederate Snowflake states among the people who hate this nation and disrespect it on national TV, or is your anger just reserved for "Mexicans" and others who don't meet certain stereotypes?
One thing I have found interesting. I know a few people who are veterans. So far, the most apparent anger over NFL players kneeling has not come from veterans. This isn't to say that there aren't veterans who aren't happy about it. But so far, the most vitriol towards the NFL players has come from non-veterans.

I have noticed that President Trump will call out the NFL players who kneel far more than the white supremacists/Neo-Nazis. I've noticed that the individuals who have so much vitriol for Colin Kaepernick say nothing about the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Some of them didn't say a word when Dylann Roof went into a church and committed a heinous and murderous hate crime. This is just what I've observed. Some might have seen different. But this is what I see. The divides and the hate have always been there. It's just coming to light alot more.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Trump's America is what finally motivated me to go back to church. I pray every day that this country will come to its senses and find a path through these dark times. I even pray for Donald Trump. I never thought I would be able to do that, but somehow the Episcopal church's corporate prayer, which includes praying for our nation's elected leaders, has given me the strength to do so.
The irony of Trump is that if he were not such a lying, spiteful, twisted, ungrateful old bigot without a scrap of empathy, honor, or mercy in his body, I'd feel sorry for him. How does one manage to reach 70 years of age with a complete fortune at one'd disposal and achieve NOTHING of merit in life? How can somebody like him with so many possibilities available DO nothing and remain a glorified man-child: small, angry, petty, with a mind rusted shut and a heart that can feel neither wonder nor love... It's sad, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies