Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 07:01 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
BS.

You’d know your arguments were specious if you had a decent understanding of economics.

And that link is for a libertarian “think-tank”.
Hazlitt wrote for the wall street journal, new york times and newsweek. Mainstream enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 07:06 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How about "everyone will get health coverage and the government is going to pay for it".

We're waiting.
And Mexico will pay for the wall.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:07 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
More leftist hyperbole, assuming that all of a sudden multi-million man armies are gonna invade and take over.

Ever hear of militias?
If it happens, oh well. But who wouldn't volunteer to defend their property?
It's the free market. They could run their business any way they want. But if their service was unsatisfactory no one would use them.
It's not leftist hyperbole, it's reality. Bad people exist in this world... if you're going to create a society, you need a viable, responsible means of defending it, and voluntary militias aren't going to cut it against major organized compulsory militaries.

And you never did answer what happens with unowned land in your "country". Who defends that? What's to stop another country from annexing the vacant land right next to yours and building a military base on it, or exploiting resources from it? It's technically no one's property, so...

Old 05-30-2018, 07:08 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hazlitt wrote for the wall street journal, new york times and newsweek. Mainstream enough for you?
I could care less who he wrote for, it’s still libertarian economic theory.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:36 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
I’ve a degreee in Econ; needless to say those concepts were covered thoroughly from a historical perspective.
Keynesian Econ--i.e. "not real Econ."

Old 05-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
It's not leftist hyperbole, it's reality. Bad people exist in this world... if you're going to create a society, you need a viable, responsible means of defending it, and voluntary militias aren't going to cut it against major organized compulsory militaries.

And you never did answer what happens with unowned land in your "country". Who defends that? What's to stop another country from annexing the vacant land right next to yours and building a military base on it, or exploiting resources from it? It's technically no one's property, so...
It is leftist hyperbole. 100 million gun owners, most of them better trained than cops and more disciplined than the military--and allowed to own any weapon of their choosing--will easily put defend their property/territory from an invading army.

Once again, there is no "country," only property owners. Any unclaimed land would be able for homesteading; once that land is claimed it is the responsibility of the person who claimed it.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I could care less who he wrote for, it’s still libertarian economic theory.
Which is much more reasonable than Keynesianism.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:16 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Which is much more reasonable than Keynesianism.
I'll tell you what's reasonable:

Within the last week you're leaving prayer services only to find out the U.S. government fired missiles at your house while you were inside the mosque.

That's what happened to some folks in Faizabad City, Afghanistan 4 days ago.

Now that's why I had to leave earlier and get to work. Those homes aren't going to explode on their own, are they? Had to generate revenue to tax to make it happen.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...t-actions-2018

Old 05-30-2018, 08:20 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Keynesian Econ--i.e. "not real Econ."
You’re funny, presuming to know (let alone understand) what I studied. I’ll help you out; there’s more to economics the Keynesian theory, but you already know that are are playing the ignorance card, yet again.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'll tell you what's reasonable:

Within the last week you're leaving prayer services only to find out the U.S. government fired missiles at your house while you were inside the mosque.

That's what happened to some folks in Faizabad City, Afghanistan 4 days ago.

Now that's why I had to leave earlier and get to work. Those homes aren't going to explode on their own, are they? Had to generate revenue to tax to make it happen.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...t-actions-2018
Holy crap. Not a peep from the MSM.

That's why they hate us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies