Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:14 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We get y'all hate Trump. Instead of the TDS babbling what's YOUR solution to the massive trade deficits AND the continual theft of intellectual property? Negotiations have been tried many times to no avail and this has been going on for decades.

What's YOUR solution if y'all are so smart?
Canada has been stealing intellectual property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 09:14 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
We get y'all hate Trump. So, what's YOUR solution to the massive trade deficits AND the continual theft of intellectual property? Negotiations have been tried many times to no avail and this has been going on for decades.

1. Trade deficits are not necessarily bad. Ask any economist
2. Sanction any foreign company engaged in intellectual property theft like ZNET. Why did Trump back down on ZNET?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b5c4c8e894e1

I mean that couldn't possibly have to do with all of the kickbacks Trump and his family has been getting from the Chinese government, could it? Many Republicans in Congress don't even understand what in the hell Trump is doing.

This guy is destroying the reputation of the country in order to make sure he and his family line their pockets in the process. Putin elected the perfect Manchurian Candidate.
So you're saying that the Washington Post published a yellow journalism hit piece on Donald Trump. Imagine my shock!!

The Washington Post publishes news from time to time, but progressive propaganda all the time.

This bit about him lining his pockets is particularly funny. Do you have an inkling how much damage becoming POTUS has done to his multi-billion dollar worldwide business empire? These nonexistent kickbacks wouldn't offset that cost. Not even close. He'd have made way more money just continuing to run and grow his businesses. Putin and China and the whole of Europe couldn't afford to bribe him.

You can accuse The Donald of many things, but saying that he ran for President to get rich is just idiotic. He was already rich. Stupidly rich. They guy's a loudmouthed prick. I'm all for criticizing him for what he actually is. He is an extremely flawed human being and I doubt I could ever vote for the man. On the other hand, I'm sick of hearing tinfoil hat wearing nitwits accusing him of things he isn't.

I'm willing to sit back and wait on the tariffs and trade deals. Trump is executing the madman strategy. He's playing chicken with economics, going nuclear without blinking. The other countries seem to keep blinking first. If this corrects the many many many unfair trade deals we currently have, then good for him. If it fails miserably, my opinion of Trump will be the same: He's an obnoxious loudmouthed prick who should never have become president.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:24 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
We get y'all hate Trump. Instead of the usual TDS babbling what's YOUR solution to the massive trade deficits AND the continual theft of intellectual property? Negotiations have been tried many times to no avail and this has been going on for decades.

Nonsense! Trump isn't worth the energy hating saps from you. But unlike many of the bandwagon hoppers here I've thought Trump little but a loud-mouthed con-man for 40 years and that has nothing to do with politics. And he's done nothing to change my opinion of him.

The first part of my solution would be to analyze the entire situation before acting, something Trump continually fails to do with his shoot from the lip methodology. He delights in staging Dog & Pony Shows that have little impact on the situation such as spending million$ to close a runway in Syria for less than 24 hours, hardly a decent ROI IMO.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So you're saying that the Washington Post published a yellow journalism hit piece on Donald Trump. Imagine my shock!!

The Washington Post publishes news from time to time, but progressive propaganda all the time.

This bit about him lining his pockets is particularly funny. Do you have an inkling how much damage becoming POTUS has done to his multi-billion dollar worldwide business empire? These nonexistent kickbacks wouldn't offset that cost. Not even close. He'd have made way more money just continuing to run and grow his businesses. Putin and China and the whole of Europe couldn't afford to bribe him.

You can accuse The Donald of many things, but saying that he ran for President to get rich is just idiotic. He was already rich. Stupidly rich. They guy's a loudmouthed prick. I'm all for criticizing him for what he actually is. He is an extremely flawed human being and I doubt I could ever vote for the man. On the other hand, I'm sick of hearing tinfoil hat wearing nitwits accusing him of things he isn't.

I'm willing to sit back and wait on the tariffs and trade deals. Trump is executing the madman strategy. He's playing chicken with economics, going nuclear without blinking. The other countries seem to keep blinking first. If this corrects the many many many unfair trade deals we currently have, then good for him. If it fails miserably, my opinion of Trump will be the same: He's an obnoxious loudmouthed prick who should never have become president.

Actually, compared to really successful businessmen like Bezos and Bloomberg, he's a slacker. And let's consider how often during his campaign he mentioned declaring China a 'currency manipulator', kinda funny how quickly that idea went away when he coincidentally gained long sought trademark approvals in China, something Ivanka recently did while a Trump project gained financing in Indonesia while Donny was working hard for jobs, for those employed by a Chinese company declared a security threat by US agencies. But nah, the Kool-Aid drinkers think he cut his income by taking office.

He is entertaining though, he apparently believes in witches seeing as how the investigation he's labeled a witch-hunt has had guilty pleas by and indictments of people I guess must be witches.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:30 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b5c4c8e894e1

I mean that couldn't possibly have to do with all of the kickbacks Trump and his family has been getting from the Chinese government, could it? Many Republicans in Congress don't even understand what in the hell Trump is doing.

This guy is destroying the reputation of the country in order to make sure he and his family line their pockets in the process. Putin elected the perfect Manchurian Candidate.

You're the one who doesn't even understand what the hell Trump is doing. You're so deranged that you can't process basic economics.

China is the reason for & main country affected by the tariffs. Steel & aluminum tariffs are about China. 25% tariff on auto imports is about China. Renegotiating NAFTA is about China.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're the one who doesn't even understand what the hell Trump is doing. You're so deranged that you can't process basic economics.

China is the reason for & main country affected by the tariffs. Steel & aluminum tariffs are about China. 25% tariff on auto imports is about China. Renegotiating NAFTA is about China.
Only 2% of U.S> steel comes from China. Aluminum a little more significant at 15%.

So if it is about China then why we pick steel for tariffs?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This is either Trumpian idiocy or Trumpian mendacity. Trump has a hatred for our Western allies. Probably because they are not butt lickers like third world dictators or autocrats he admires like Putin and Xi. He wants to punish these allies for no reason. Trump is like acting like an abusive spouse towards our allies. Well, we all know what happens once the abused spouse has taken enough.

Wrong. Our "allies" in the EU, which was formed in part to compete against the U.S. economically, btw, have been exploiting a loophole in NAFTA to avoid paying the agreed upon import tariffs to sell their goods in the U.S., the most lucrative market on the planet. We have to pay to import a car to Germany, but they don't have to pay to import one here. That's not fair. That's not the agreement we have in place. Why is reciprocal trade wrong? Many in the EU have been abusing us for decades, so of course they don't want fair trade, they want to keep the system in place that has crushed our steel/aluminum, devastated our auto industry, crashed our middle class & hurt our unions. Those foreign countries, along with the corporations have been reaping the benefits at our expense. What Trump is imposing is not robbery, he's simply making it fair.

You & others would rather see us fail as a country & watch the middle class erode, while cheering for corporations and foreign countries, simply because it's Trump.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Only 2% of U.S> steel comes from China. Aluminum a little more significant at 15%.

So if it is about China then why we pick steel for tariffs?
So where does our steel & aluminum come from then?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:

And most people don't even care because Jesus! Gays! Guns! Traditional values! MAGA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies