Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 05:15 PM

34,082 posts, read 17,134,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

How long do folks think it will take before the individual health insurance is a thing of the past? That if you don't get your health insurance through your employer or the government, you just don't' get it.
Never happen.

There will always be a private, individual health insurance market.

Long after ACA officially dies in a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 05:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
If you wish to individually pay for everyone, that would be acceptable.

When will you start paying for all, since this was your idea?
You mean Medicare? Since 1965. That makes fifty-three years that I’ve paid in.

Expanding Medicare to cover every American is the right thing to do. Let’s decide to treat all citizens like human beings instead of patsies for the insurance companies.

Expensive? You bet. Taxing the insurance profiteers who have grown bloated and arrogrant by ripping off the public and chiseling their way out of covering people, with their cynical “deductibles” and “co-pays”, will get us started in the right direction.

Single Payer Now. Medicare for Every American from Birth.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You mean Medicare? Since 1965. That makes fifty-three years that I’ve paid in.

.[/i][/b]
I am 100% for our present system. Medicare for retirees. Work for insurance or buy it yourself until retired.

Single Payer NEVER.

MAGA by increasing, not decreasing, Freedom to decide what products you buy, including insurance.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:13 PM

30,297 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How? Show where people with pre-existing conditions will be covered. And show how charging older people more for health coverage will help them. Show it.
It really isn't that hard. If you use more of something, you should pay more into it.

The left loves to blabber on about "fat people" and "smokers" and how much they are going to "cost everyone" with their poor lifestyle choices...but then get upset when the people who have more doctors visits than others should pay more.

Do you all not seriously see the hypocrisy in that?

If you are older, you are going to be visiting the doctor way more than most young people. Why should a healthy 21 year old pay more in insurance to cover for the older person who visits the doctor once a month or more? How is that fair to the 21 year old?

The older people have had time to save up their money for their retirement years, the 21 year old is just starting out and doesn't (typically) have squat.

Pre-existing conditions should be covered differently. I have a pre-existing condition thanks to some idiotic pot head who believed "marijuana doesn't hurt anyone, it's perfectly safe to drive while stoned". I have to pay more. Should I not since I have to see a doctor more than someone else my same age who didn't get their spine smacked out of whack by a dumbass pot head? My injuries will be forever, but there are ways to relieve the pain. Should you pay for that?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It really isn't that hard. If you use more of something, you should pay more into it.

The left loves to blabber on about "fat people" and "smokers" and how much they are going to "cost everyone" with their poor lifestyle choices...but then get upset when the people who have more doctors visits than others should pay more.

Do you all not seriously see the hypocrisy in that?

If you are older, you are going to be visiting the doctor way more than most young people. Why should a healthy 21 year old pay more in insurance to cover for the older person who visits the doctor once a month or more? How is that fair to the 21 year old?

The older people have had time to save up their money for their retirement years, the 21 year old is just starting out and doesn't (typically) have squat.

Pre-existing conditions should be covered differently. I have a pre-existing condition thanks to some idiotic pot head who believed "marijuana doesn't hurt anyone, it's perfectly safe to drive while stoned". I have to pay more. Should I not since I have to see a doctor more than someone else my same age who didn't get their spine smacked out of whack by a dumbass pot head? My injuries will be forever, but there are ways to relieve the pain. Should you pay for that?
Well, using that logic, you're negating the whole purpose of insurance ...to spread risk of the cost of an illness over a large population. Why not do away with insurance altogether? If you get a life-threatening illness and can't afford to pay for it ...you die! Problem solved!

Having a baby? Spread some plastic over the couch and deliver it there! Bite down on a stick and take a slug of whiskey. If you need a c-section, well that's what steak knives are for! If you die, hubby can look for a cuter, younger replacement ...a kind of Trumpian solution!

As far as your pre-existing condition goes, maybe the answer is doing what the driver who hit you was doing. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Get sooo stoned you don't even feel or care about those old injuries! Problem solved! Out of lemons, comes lemonade!

Old 06-10-2018, 06:48 PM

672 posts, read 256,741 times
Quote:
Comparisons should be like sized populations or more. We grew past 300 million, as we attracted the best and the brightest, in massive numbers. I cannot help that the EU failed to do that, hence they are pithy in size.

Get your facts right...

[LEFT]On 1 January 2017, the population of the European Union (EU) was estimated at511.8 million, compared with 510.3 million on 1 January 2016. During the year 2016, as many births as deaths were recorded in the EU (5.1 million), meaning that the natural change of the EU population was neutral.Jul 10, 2017[/LEFT]

Not surprising that everything else you spout is drivel as well.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:14 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
Never happen.

There will always be a private, individual health insurance market.

Long after ACA officially dies in a few years.
I hope there will be for patients and docs future choices. But very few individual policies since Obamacare. Ours folded and my wife gets cheaper and lower deductible due to group risk sharing.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I hope there will be for patients and docs future choices. But very few individual policies since Obamacare. Ours folded and my wife gets cheaper and lower deductible due to group risk sharing.
ACA was a tragic mistake, but the Free Market will resurrect the private insurance system, given enough time.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:25 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
ACA was a tragic mistake, but the Free Market will resurrect the private insurance system, given enough time.
Individual private insurance will only get rarer, whether we go with more 'free market' or centrally controlled future HC.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 PM

32,111 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Public employee or private sector union? And do your union dues cover the cost of your insurance/health care? Or does that have to come out of others' pockets?
Union dues aren’t that much for what they do for you. And it goes towards many different things including our healthcare. And yes unions members can be fired if they aren’t preforming their duties. But they do get warnings first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies