Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is common sense to most logical people, but I imagine Trump voters will disagree:

If Donald Trump truly has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide, then the Russia investigation will prove his innocence and he will be exonerated. With that being said, why does Trump want it to end so badly???

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...54872117772288
Is this guy use to cases like this?

Typically the FBI gets a crime and is told to find a person and build a case.

Mueller's investigation seems to be the inverse...here is a person now find a crime and Trump is not likely to be squeaky clean.

This investigation is weighing down his presidency and damaging the country as he tried to reach a deal with North Korea. Trump doesn't want to get hit with something like tax evasion in the 1980s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Let me see if I have this right.

There is not a single piece of evidence to show any wrongdoing by Trump, but he needs an investigation to prove he's innocent?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
why does Trump want it to end so badly???
chief of staff Kelly answered this question a few months ago:

[the Russia investigation] is very distracting to the president, as it would be to any citizen, to be investigated for something, while at the same time trying to carry the weight of what being president of the United States means on his shoulder.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-live-updates

Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
chief of staff Kelly answered this question a few months ago:

[the Russia investigation] is very distracting to the president, as it would be to any citizen, to be investigated for something, while at the same time trying to carry the weight of what being president of the United States means on his shoulder.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-live-updates
Then Trump should take a couple of hours off from carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and meet with Mueller to answer a few questions. Or is he afraid he'll perjure himself when asked a few simple questions?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:41 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It takes a lot to really get me to the point of losing my temper. Two things set it off quickly. People that look down their nose at me and being blamed for something I didn't do.

Can any of you honestly say, that if you were being blamed for something you didn't do, and were being dragged thru all this BS, you wouldn't be pissed off ?
I realize I posted earlier about the hypothetical scenario in which Trump is, himself, innocent. But you know what? Let's just drop that. Let's stop pretending. He went on national TV and asked Russia for help. He dictated the statement on the Trump Tower meeting.

He quite clearly knew what was happening and was involved.

Untangling this giant ball of criminality and corruption is obviously going to take some time. It's already led to multiple indictments and guilty pleas, so let's not pretend he's not finding anything and let's not pretend the criminals Trump surrounds himself with are boy scouts who are being wrongfully investigated. These are career criminals who are watching their worlds unravel.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:43 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Then Trump should take a couple of hours off from carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and meet with Mueller to answer a few questions. Or is he afraid he'll perjure himself when asked a few simple questions?
Or Mueller could just send over his questions, and have them answered.

Mueller is refusing to do that, why?

That's a rhetorical question, we know why.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Or Mueller could just send over his questions, and have them answered.

Mueller is refusing to do that, why?

That's a rhetorical question, we know why.
Trump has previously said that he wanted to meet with Mueller. Now he's backing away from that, why? That's a rhetorical question, we know why.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,933 times
The reasoning that "Trump might be concerned they'll dredge up some illegal tax evasion in the 1980s" is bogus.

So... as Americans, you'd rather have a crook as your President? I'm not saying Clinton wouldn't have been a crook. The election is over, and that is water under the bridge. But if Trump has been breaking the law for decades, maybe HE should be concerned. But we as Americans should applaud a criminal being brought to justice.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:10 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
In the original post of this thread, everything wrong with the Russia investigation and how people think of it is summed up by the same words repeated twice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves in Snow
If Donald Trump truly has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide, then the Russia investigation will prove his innocence and he will be exonerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Campbell
I never encountered an innocent subject who actively worked to obstruct an investigation that would have proved their innocence.
The American legal system requires the prosecution to prove guilt, not the defendant to prove innocence. Hell, Campbell calls Trump innocent and tn clowns him for not proving his innocence.

Proving innocence is exactly the same as proving a negative, which is impossible, which is why our legal system does not function that way. If a crime happened, it is up to the prosecution to prove that it did, not the defendant to prove that it did not.

Can Three Wolves In Snow prove he's never molested farm animals? I accuse, therefore he must prove his innocence. Go ahead, prove that this truly sick behavior never happened. Prove a negative, for which no proof would actually exist, given that something that never happened would not generate proof.

If Trump committed a crime...prove it. Same as any American citizen governed by our judicial/legal system.

Mueller, the Dems and the Deep State are searching for a crime, any crime, to then prove Trump did something, anything. 2 years later, the only people who seem to have colluded with Russia to affect our election are the DNC, Obama and his DoJ/FBI, the Clinton campaign, and almost everyone OTHER THAN Trump. And yet no matter how much proof is found of other people doing bad things...none of them get bothered and the hunt for any wrongdoing by Trump continues. His innocence is proved constantly by nobody being able to prove his guilt.

I did not vote for Trump. I think his entire act is clown shoes, but this "investigation" is the embodiment of the concept of "weaponizing the justice system for political revenge."

Old 06-11-2018, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
This is common sense to most logical people, but I imagine Trump voters will disagree:

If Donald Trump truly has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide, then the Russia investigation will prove his innocence and he will be exonerated. With that being said, why does Trump want it to end so badly???

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...54872117772288
If you have nothing to hide let the police search your house anytime they want. It's not up to Trump to prove his innocence.

Transparency just like the last administration, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies