Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:25 AM

19,787 posts, read 22,695,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is in the Constitution too, which overrides any DOJ "handbook"
Violates the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments.
The law isn’t Burger King. You don’t get it ‘your way’.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/ic-leg...procedures-act

There are mounds of rulings on this matter. It's simply not out of the ordinary for a prosecutor to withhold evidence that may involve matters of national security or classified matters.

What is surprising is the level of sheer ignorance displayed with regards to this matter.
No, it's a common excuse but the defense gets the info or the charges are dropped. A judge can make sure the information doesn't get out or transfer the case to another court.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
The law isn’t Burger King. You don’t get it ‘your way’.
You wouldn't be that Marxist, would you?

It is the entire reason there is a 2nd Amendment. I bet I can have it my way.
No, is defended by the barrel of my gun. It says so right in the Constitution.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:41 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
Mueller has 1.4 million pages of documents and 2 years to prove his case against Donald Trump, but still .... nothing. His approval rating is sinking fast and people are tired of the whole thing.

Now it could very well be that the Russians tried to interfere in the election, and maybe Mueller has something on them. I doubt, however, that Donald Trump had any connection to it.

There is a distinction there that few people, and especially the leftist media, just can't seem to recognize. One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other, and I think that will be the final determination. Liberal heads will explode, but that's a daily occurrence anyway.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:59 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/ic-leg...procedures-act

There are mounds of rulings on this matter. It's simply not out of the ordinary for a prosecutor to withhold evidence that may involve matters of national security or classified matters.

What is surprising is the level of sheer ignorance displayed with regards to this matter.
Beat your head against a brick wall, spit into the wind, cite cases to your heart's content. Won't change a thing.

Can you picture the DOJ prosecuting organized crime figures and disclosing the names of undercover agents and informants, the precise location of listening devices. Besides, there's a shadow Supreme Court here that doesn't recognize the legitimacy of the faux court in D.C..

Old 06-14-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You wouldn't be that Marxist, would you?

It is the entire reason there is a 2nd Amendment. I bet I can have it my way.
No, is defended by the barrel of my gun. It says so right in the Constitution.
Ooh.. a true law abiding red state fascist.

I’ll cherry pick which law applies to me...

Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, it's a common excuse but the defense gets the info or the charges are dropped. A judge can make sure the information doesn't get out or transfer the case to another court.
Not usual and certainly not always.

God the rules and legal precedents is right there....

Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh look, libs working hard to shift the focus off Trump’s triumph in NK.
There is no triumph in NK.

It was a big PR win for Kim, who gave up nothing, received a concession from us and a whole bunch of legitimacy for his corrupt and immoral regime. To his people Kim will look as though he has frightened us into submission, causing us to run away with our bombers and ships, and he will look more heroic to them than ever.

Trump perhaps gets to develop resorts there, if it all works out.

I hope for the best, we could sure use a more stable situation. I really hope he achieves something toward ratcheting down the military situation in Korea and removing the nukes, but I think any reasonable person would have to acknowledge it is way too early to claim any sort of success.

North Korea has made two solemn promises to abandon nuclear development in the past, and they were not true to their word. They know how to play this game, they have an institutional memory of how to bamboozle outside powers, they can out-fickle the best at it. We could come out of this looking very silly.

So keep your powder dry and you can crow all you want later, it's way too early for that.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
We got confirmation, there is no classified information in the discovery material Mueller wants to withhold from the defendants.

Also, Mueller cites no other cases where this has been don before.

Mueller want to use the evidence in court, but doesn't want the defendants to have access to it.

lawyers for the Russians gave mueller a pretty good slap down today.

https://twitter.com/almostjingo/stat...37537084329984

Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Not usual and certainly not always.

God the rules and legal precedents is right there....
They haven't got what is right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies