Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 02:45 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Breaking: Bob has nothing and is afraid he'll be exposed as a fraud.
This is a ploy to keep the investigation going on without end under seal and by never-ending it quietly shifting the narrative away from Trump's coullison without admitting Trump didn't do anything wrong and going after the real bad actors. This also indirectly shields Comey, Rice. Brennan and Obama. The public may never see the real evidence if this order is granted. I'm calling BS.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:45 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed. I expected this from the Russians. I had no idea so many Republicans would be such willing useful idiots.
Yes, we think mueller should stop trying to deny people their due process, and bring his case against people he indicted.

Yep, that's crazy, crazy I tell you.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed. I expected this from the Russians. I had no idea so many Republicans would be such willing useful idiots.
you're shocked that Republicans are basically against the accusation that the reason they shellacked the Democrats in 2016 was because of Russia?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:47 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Mueller has made a steady "selective" investigative job for himself for the past year. He is not about to let go of this, like a dog with a bone -- but the bone is getting pretty sucked up , getting dry and splintering. We've been paying him beaucoup fees for a big nothing burger.

Sing along with Sarah:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...4&action=click

Old 06-12-2018, 03:00 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXAlpharetta View Post
No, it wasn't and isn't.
I think you need to go back and check the timeline of the events, and how the investigation began, and who was responsible for it. The investigation wasn't started by "liberals" nor "democrats".
You can keep claiming it to be true, but it isn't.
It all began with the FBI looking into Russian meddling. The FBI are not "democrats" nor "republicans", and it began with Comey....who is certainly not liberal nor a democrat. The investigation is now overlooked by Mueller, who is also NOT a liberal nor democrat.
It's also many REPUBLICAN politicians and congress members that are saying to let the investigation run it's course.

Everyone. Every single American, and either side of the aisle, should want the investigation to run it's course.
It was started by people that wanted to work to ensure Trump would not win the election.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that in the end we are going to find out there was no legitimate reason to conduct the widespread surveillance they did against the Trump campaign.

I just hope the proper resources are devoted to investigating the conduct of the Obama administration. Sadly, so far they are not, the DOJ IG is not at all adequate to conduct this investigation.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:02 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
going to need more popcorn...

Old 06-12-2018, 03:08 PM

23,653 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Mueller is just getting started
Then why has he bilked us for $20 million? "Just getting started"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not sure how the judge will rule, the devil is in the details, but I'd guess Mueller is just trying to stall, hoping he can dig something up to make his case look legit.

Yes, Mueller says 13 internet trolls stole the election for Trump, and he is now desperately trying to stall, and not turn evidence over, who would have thought.
The judge will not allow mueller to create case law where people can be charged with no proof of wrong doing.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
The more I read election law the more I'm convinced Mueller is just staring at his checkmate for hours on end. He can't win.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:20 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The judge will in all liklihood issue a responsible rulling here. A little bit of that Mueller will probably like, but the larger portion he very likely will not.

The procedures for handling discovery for a criminal trial are long established and rarely is it very exciting or controversial. Some parties to the case may not like it very much, as it does not favor their interests. But it is what it is.

Bob Mueller initiated this process when he indicted these people. He has been a federal prosrcutor for a very long time and cannot possibly be surprised to find that the rules of criminal procedure apply to these cases. But he is quite certainly acting as if he is.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that Mueller filed these indictments as a bluff, never expecting to take these cases to trial and not being prepared to do so should his bluff be called. Which it now apparently has been.

Again, the judge is likely to issue a plain vanilla ruling here, with whatever minor accomodations there are that can legitimately be offered within the law, and also a swift kick in Mueller's rear end, telling him that he should know how a trial works by now. Either prepare to proceed under the well established requirements of the law, or withdraw the charges.

If he withdraws the charges, he will be a laughing stock and his investigation will have officially achieved clown-car status.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but disagree with where it's coming from.

Mueller did not expect that he would need to present the evidence yet, like you said. But there's zero doubt he has it, he didn't charge people by picking their names out of a hat. He already has guilty pleas related to this.

I don't know if he felt pressured to show something publicly, or if he was trying to rattle some feathers, but Russia responded smartly.

The judge might not grant this request, but it's not often that 'matters of national security' are used in criminal trials.

If it's not granted, maybe he attempts to dismiss the charges without prejudice. He'll get fought on that, and might have to dismiss them entirely if he feels like the evidence released would do more harm to the investigation.

These guys weren't the key guys anyway, they were the runners, and he can probably afford to lose them. The optics won't be great, and Trump will shout from the rooftops, but it would certainly not be sufficient grounds to end the investigation for cause.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174383...ssia-collusion
Explanation of collusion so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies