Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 02:02 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
How do you know there's no evidence? "I heard it on Hannity" doesn't suffice. We have due process in this country and Fox News pundits don't matter.
you're the only one here babbling about Hannity and fox news. i have no idea why.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well Trump is still POTUS

See the video with Trump and Kim looking like the two guys in "Bosom Budfies"???
WH produced it
Or at least said it was WH product
Guess Pompeo took his video cam whrn he went over earlier this year
Soon to be announced-- a new Trump NK Resort

Old 06-12-2018, 02:11 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXAlpharetta View Post
That's pretty much been how Trump and his supporters form their opinion on something...."I heard it on...".

I heard Obama was muslim.
I heard Obama has a secret army and he's going to declare himself dictator.
I heard Hillary had over 22 people killed ala mafia style hits.
I heard, I heard, I heard.

This is why time and time again, studies show that far right conservatives, tend to believe in conspiracy theories.
Do you mean like how democrats all believe Trump, and his campaign colluded with the Russians to steal the election, despite not a single piece of evidence to back this claim?

Heck, at least Alex Jones provides some evidence to back his conspircy theories, the Trump haters don't have a single piece of evidence to support their delusional conspircy theory.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:11 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yep, the IG report is scheduled for 3:00 release on Thursday.

What I can't accept is the idea Trump is guilty when there is absolutely no evidence to support any wrongdoing.
All of the evidence is super top secret, but very very devastating! We're just going to have to trust them on this.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:12 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

Doesn't sound like a nothing burger. Sounds like an issue of nation security.
Yeah, Mueller has a **** load of unrelated charges and a **** load of excuses.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Trump has been f------ brainwashed by Kim
And he owes Kim no money so it must be love

Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM

977 posts, read 568,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So Bob is saying, I have all this evidence, but I can't show you because it's super secret.

Maybe Bob should have thought about that before he brought indictments against these Russians.

That's what I wondering, all these Trump haters keep saying he's guilty, but there is a complete lack of any evidence to support such claims.
Last I checked, part of due process is that when you are charged with a crime, the prosecution is supposed to provide to you (or more accurately your lawyers) the evidence that he or she has gathered that led to your being indicted. It's called discovery. If proper discovery would indeed be detrimental to national security, then the proper response is not to refuse discovery, but rather to drop the criminal case. If it's not really that detrimental, then provide the evidence to the accused's lawyer or lawyers and let's get on with the trial.

If it would be detrimental to other prosecutions, well too bad; that's the breaks. Either accept the damage to your other cases or drop the case at hand. You cannot deprive an accused of their rights simply because it may make your prosecutions of other cases more difficult.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:19 PM

977 posts, read 568,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

Doesn't sound like a nothing burger. Sounds like an issue of nation security.
Maybe, maybe not. But if any evidence is truly so sensitive that revealing it would damage national security, then perhaps indictments should not have been issued in the first place. Mueller knows that indictments lead to trials and trials must be conducted in public. Therefore, evidence leading to the indictment is going to be publicly released. If it cannot be, then regardless of wrongdoing, the defendant cannot be brought to trial and must be let go. We don't have "star chamber" trials in the US.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
The judge will in all liklihood issue a responsible rulling here. A little bit of that Mueller will probably like, but the larger portion he very likely will not.

The procedures for handling discovery for a criminal trial are long established and rarely is it very exciting or controversial. Some parties to the case may not like it very much, as it does not favor their interests. But it is what it is.

Bob Mueller initiated this process when he indicted these people. He has been a federal prosrcutor for a very long time and cannot possibly be surprised to find that the rules of criminal procedure apply to these cases. But he is quite certainly acting as if he is.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that Mueller filed these indictments as a bluff, never expecting to take these cases to trial and not being prepared to do so should his bluff be called. Which it now apparently has been.

Again, the judge is likely to issue a plain vanilla ruling here, with whatever minor accomodations there are that can legitimately be offered within the law, and also a swift kick in Mueller's rear end, telling him that he should know how a trial works by now. Either prepare to proceed under the well established requirements of the law, or withdraw the charges.

If he withdraws the charges, he will be a laughing stock and his investigation will have officially achieved clown-car status.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Breaking! So far Mueller is having troUble securing a case against people who trolled Facebook. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies