Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As I have previously stated in this and other threads on the subject, I take a Libertarian stance on abortion.

Meaning that just because I think it's abhorrent doesn't mean that I think it should be illegal....at least not completely anyways.

However, that doesn't mean that I can't or won't express my opinion on the morality of it.

Especially when people are using irrational and downright illogical thought processes to justify ending another human life to themselves.

I think if more people were really honest with themselves about what they are doing, we wouldn't need laws about it.
You won’t ever have to worry about being in that position, will you? It’s really easy to tell women to go without sex—are you advocating that men do go without as well. How many husbands are willing to do that? If I were not inclined to give up sex, if abortion were bannned, I would have a hysterectomy and give up the idea of children completely rather than be forced to carry and bear an unwanted child.

You may consider an embryo as a human life, and that is your right, but not everyone does. Most women who have abortions don’t go through the procedure lightly. You still haven’t offered any answer as to what should be done with unwanted children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,390,454 times
Quote:
How many of the millions of abortions every year fit that scenario?

Fact is, that the vast majority of abortions are preformed due to people not being willing to accept the consequences of their irresponsible behavior.

You don't mean people you mean women so say it like it is. What is irresponsible behavior? The woman who gets pregnant or the penis that put it there? Then why would the woman carry the blame for all of it? I'm ready to hear your rebuttal.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:39 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
We already force bio Dads to help pay for raising the child.

And like I've said repeatedly, I'm not advocating forcing anyone to do anything.
No, I don’t mean paying money. I mean actually doing the work of child care and raising. What are your thoughts on that. Someone must raise the child.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:42 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In 2014 over 600,000 abortions were performed in the United States and with the recent revelation that we'll be getting a new and likely conservative justice added to the court the left has become concerned about the possible overturning of Roe vs Wade. There's talk of the SCOTUS outlawing abortion or possibly throwing the issue back to the states.

Nobody wants to take away your abortions ladies, we just want some common sense abortion controls. I mean, why would so many of these people actually need an abortion? Can't we come to some sort of compromise? Perhaps we could eliminate abortions for anyone who's had an abortion before? What about strict background checks for anyone seeking an abortion? What about closing the Planned Parenthood loophole? These seem like common sense abortion controls that everyone should be able to support right?
Those are the same types of questions we ask about gun control.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:42 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
I am not attempting to force my views on anyone.

As I have previously stated in this and other threads on the subject, I take a Libertarian stance on abortion.

Meaning that just because I think it's abhorrent doesn't mean that I think it should be illegal....at least not completely anyways.

However, that doesn't mean that I can't or won't express my opinion on the morality of it.

Especially when people are using irrational and downright illogical thought processes to justify ending another human life to themselves.

I think if more people were really honest with themselves about what they are doing, we wouldn't need laws about it.

"At least not completely anyways" is an unacceptable equivocation. If you are Libertarian on abortion, than you must leave it to be legal 100% and without conditions, limitations, exclusions, or other door-opening methodologies that would permit you to impose your religion on others.

There is nothing illogical about the position that a fertilized egg is NOT a human being. You may "feel" that it is wrong, but that is exactly what it is, a feeling. Feelings are not a tool of cognition. Reason is the ONLY tool of cognition.

Still, you are entitled to feel that abortion is wrong. In which case, simple solution: If you are a man, don't have recreational sex outside the covenant of marriage. If you are a woman, don't have recreational sex outside the covenant of marriage. If pregnancy results from procreational sex, enjoy the baby. If accidental pregnancy results from recreational sex, suck it up and: enjoy the baby. All perfectly good, you ran your life according to your standards and when you die, you can apply for a gold star.

But, do not tell others how to live or when to bring a new human into the world, or not to bring a new human into the world. That's not your call. Don't do that. It's called Sharia Law when we impose our values on others against their will. We don't do that in a free society. So don't even suggest it.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
No, I don’t mean paying money. I mean actually doing the child care and raising. What are your thoughts on that. Someone must raise the child.
I raised all the children I have fathered as well as one that I didn't without being forced to do so.

There's more to being a father than the transfer of DNA.

Having said that, the mechanics of intercourse only work if both the man and the woman "drop their zippers".

Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Yep.

Within the first trimester, that's up to you and your conscience.

You and others keep confusing my personal beliefs on the subject as my wanting to ban all abortions even after I have repeatedly stated otherwise.

Why is that?

Could it be that Liberals have no problem forcing their beliefs on others through legislation , so they expect that everyone else does too?

Within any trimester, it is up to a person and their values. The fact that you want to control it in the 2nd trimester means exactly that. You want to control abortion. Just admit it. Don't play games. You have an agenda, just put your cards on the table.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In 2014 over 600,000 abortions were performed in the United States and with the recent revelation that we'll be getting a new and likely conservative justice added to the court the left has become concerned about the possible overturning of Roe vs Wade. There's talk of the SCOTUS outlawing abortion or possibly throwing the issue back to the states.

Nobody wants to take away your abortions ladies, we just want some common sense abortion controls. I mean, why would so many of these people actually need an abortion? Can't we come to some sort of compromise? Perhaps we could eliminate abortions for anyone who's had an abortion before? What about strict background checks for anyone seeking an abortion? What about closing the Planned Parenthood loophole? These seem like common sense abortion controls that everyone should be able to support right?
So...people with criminal records should be the ones having kids??

On what planet is this considered "common sense"...?

Look, I get that this is really a thread about guns, but do better.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:51 AM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Other than in instances of actual rape.......

Men, for all their enthusiasm, don't "drop their zippers" without a woman's consent.
I'd love to hear what the Ladies have to say about that. Some would most likely take exception to your comment.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:55 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So...people with criminal records should be the ones having kids??

On what planet is this considered "common sense"...?
Perhaps the background check could be used for abortion registration purposes. How else could the gov track who has had too many abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies