Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
You are right, they should not be. Ask their parents why they chose to commit a known crime when they were able to safely remain on the Mexican side and apply for entry from there.
I know this immigration process is chaotic and a mess. I don't know the answer to all that, but I do know a young child suffers extreme emotional distress and trauma being separated from his or her parents.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Can you even imagine the trauma being caused by our government to babies? In what world is this ok with people?
There are other ways to keep these kids safe instead of this.
Its awful and cruel and like I said we are supposed to be better than this.

Yes, I can imagine. I see DHS snatch kids here and there, snatch them from school, shuffle them from foster home to foster home, from parent to parent, etc. etc. every day. It traumatizes them. They have anger issues, drug issues, self esteem issues, educational issues, emotional issues, relationship issues. Its heartbreaking. But no one seems to give a ****.
Why does no one give a flip about what is happening to kids in the system, kids on the streets, homeless kids like they do this temporary separation from illegal "parents"?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:56 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Mexico is safe. They stopped being refugees (a requirement for asylum) the moment they crossed an international border. They are not asylum seekers. They need to follow the legal process to apply for entry.

Trying to sneak across a country's border is a crime. We as Americans should expect that our citizens follow our laws.
So you advocate for inflicting upon toddlers and infants extreme mental anguish for the purposes of punishing them because their parents did not follow the legal process for entry into the US.

Hell yes!!! We are a nation of laws and we follow our laws - those infants in their mentally developmental stages got what they deserved!! If their parents try again, maybe we should drive their children into the desert and leave them there without food and water. That will show them.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes, I can imagine. I see DHS snatch kids here and there, snatch them from school, shuffle them from foster home to foster home, from parent to parent, etc. etc. every day. It traumatizes them. They have anger issues, drug issues, self esteem issues, educational issues, emotional issues, relationship issues. Its heartbreaking. But no one seems to give a ****.
Why does no one give a flip about what is happening to kids in the system, kids on the streets, homeless kids like they do this temporary separation from illegal "parents"?
I'm not sure that people don't give a flip about those kids.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What about those parents seeking asylum and running out of fear? The U.S. should be better than this.

Sorry. You don't run 1200 miles through a perfectly safe country if you are truly in need of asylum. You are thankful when you get over the border of that first safe country.
So far what I've seen is fear of poverty, gangs, violence, domestic violence. Same things we have right here is US.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure that people don't give a flip about those kids.

Then why no public outcry for them. Why no pro bono lawyers, no fund raisers, no voice for all those kids suffering daily from being in state custody, crappy foster homes, on the streets, jerked around from place to place, school to school, facility to facility?

Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 PM

1,081 posts, read 549,269 times
Quote:
I was granted guardianship for a child who was abandoned by his mom (father unknown). I have watched kids in the system and volunteered for organizations like the one I posted earlier in the thread. It's important that we support these kids. However, it doesn't change the fact that it was their parents did something wrong. Don't blame those trying to help the kids when it's the parent(s) that put the child in that situation.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:02 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
I give a s**** and I am no stranger to this. It breaks my heart and I do all I can. We shouldn't be making it worse though.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:04 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
I know this immigration process is chaotic and a mess. I don't know the answer to all that, but I do know a young child suffers extreme emotional distress and trauma being separated from his or her parents.

For the umpteenth time these parents were forewarned not to cross our border illegally with their kids or they would go to jail and we don't send kids to jail with their parents so they would get separated from them yet they chose to do it anyway! So just who's to blame here? Evidently these parents didn't care if their kids would suffer emotional distress and trauma by the choice that "they" made.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
What about those parents seeking asylum and running out of fear? The U.S. should be better than this.
Why didn't they seek asylum in Mexico then as it was the first relatively safe country they crossed? No one is separating kids from their parents at our border when these asylum seekers present themselves at a legal port of entry. It's only those who crossed our border illegally. What part of that aren't you getting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies