Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 11:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't have to be like Japan just because we don't reward illegal aliens with amnesty and reduce legal immigration to the ones we actually need. We already allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year. We don't need any more at this time. Oh, I see you are a fan of the Ponzi scheme in regards to SS. Who's going to pay into SS for all the "immigrants" when they retire then? Just keep increasing our population numbers all the time? No, we need to get pass the baby boomer generation and stabilize our population growth not increase it. Again, I ask how are Americans to get their jobs back with the legalization of millions of illegal aliens? A good portion of them have flooded the construction industry which use to pay a fair and liveable wage to Americans.

I couldn't care less what economists say. They are of the liberal mindset and members of the elite who want cheap, foreign labor to continue. It would be far less costly to deport illegal aliens than to allow them to remain here. They cost us over $100 billion a year above and beyond any taxes they may pay in and they also send back billions of dollars to their homelands not spent in our economy. Do you think that will change by granting them amnesty? Better yet, deter them at the border with a good wall so most can't get in here in the first place where they are much harder to weed out and more expensive to do so. Crime rates? Don't make me laugh! One crime committed by an illegal alien is one too many as they don't even have a right to be in this country. What about all those that haven't been caught yet committing felony ID theft and other crimes? We have enough of our own home grown criminals without having to deal with them to.

Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We
And there we have it. "I don't care what experts say! I have subjective anecdotal evidence! I am right because I say I am!"

Then the obligatory link to far right wing site Constitution Party.com, which in turn cites to other fringe sites. Is there a script for ignorance that I don't know about? Thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:46 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't have to be like Japan just because we don't reward illegal aliens with amnesty and reduce legal immigration to the ones we actually need. We already allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year. We don't need any more at this time. Oh, I see you are a fan of the Ponzi scheme in regards to SS. Who's going to pay into SS for all the "immigrants" when they retire then? Just keep increasing our population numbers all the time? No, we need to get pass the baby boomer generation and stabilize our population growth not increase it. Again, I ask how are Americans to get their jobs back with the legalization of millions of illegal aliens? A good portion of them have flooded the construction industry which use to pay a fair and liveable wage to Americans.

I couldn't care less what economists say. They are of the liberal mindset and members of the elite who want cheap, foreign labor to continue. It would be far less costly to deport illegal aliens than to allow them to remain here. They cost us over $100 billion a year above and beyond any taxes they may pay in and they also send back billions of dollars to their homelands not spent in our economy. Do you think that will change by granting them amnesty? Better yet, deter them at the border with a good wall so most can't get in here in the first place where they are much harder to weed out and more expensive to do so. Crime rates? Don't make me laugh! One crime committed by an illegal alien is one too many as they don't even have a right to be in this country. What about all those that haven't been caught yet committing felony ID theft and other crimes? We have enough of our own home grown criminals without having to deal with them to.

Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We
Five year old piece loaded with utter nonsense and other garbage.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:47 AM

11,801 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Over 10 pages later - no one on the left has addressed why something wasn't done to change the immigration system while the Dems were in power from 209 - 2011?

Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Over 10 pages later - no one on the left has addressed why something wasn't done to change the immigration system while the Dems were in power from 209 - 2011?
They should have. Why is this question relevant to this thread?

Old 07-09-2018, 12:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Likely for the same reasons that Reagan et al failed to resolve the situation in the late 1980s. And every administration since then leading to the present mess.

At this point the only rational solution is legalization of most illegals. The right won't agree so no solution is possible.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:10 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Likely for the same reasons that Reagan et al failed to resolve the situation in the late 1980s. And every administration since then leading to the present mess.

At this point the only rational solution is legalization of most illegals. The right won't agree so no solution is possible.
What, why is legalization of most illegals the only rational solution. How is it a solution. Didn't we do that once or twice and the problem continues.
Enforce immigration laws, mandatory E-verify, build a wall, deport. That's the solution.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What, why is legalization of most illegals the only rational solution. How is it a solution. Didn't we do that once or twice and the problem continues.
Enforce immigration laws, mandatory E-verify, build a wall, deport. That's the solution.
Because kicking 13 million people out of the US would not only be expensive and logistically impossible, it would cripple the economy. Both sides know this, which is why we get shown half-baked solutions like a $125 billion wall that does little to discourage illegal immigrants and does nothing with respect to visa overstayers who make up the majority of illegal immigrants by a wide margin. It makes their constituents think they are "tough" on illegal immigration when the opposite is true.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:16 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It was probably just another Hillary voter from election night.
Must be an ugly baby.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no, not at all: the parents who bring these poor kids here illegally are garbage. They know before they cross the border the kids might be taken away from them and yet, they choose to break the law. How do you feel about criminals here legally that end up in prison? How many of their kids end up in in foster homes. Do you think their kids do not cry as well? Well let me tell you they do. We were foster parents while still living in Ca and had many little kids come though our home who were products of parents in prison; maybe it would help you understand if you opened your eyes or mind a bit?
So, you have no compassion for these families coming here, seeking asylum to escape dangerous situations in their native countries? A U.S. citizen who is convicted of a crime and gets sent to prison usually has family in this country who can take care of their children until they’re released. Trump wants to send these people back to Central America only to possibly have their entire family killed.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:23 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
So, you have no compassion for these families coming here, seeking asylum to escape dangerous situations in their native countries? A U.S. citizen who is convicted of a crime and gets sent to prison usually has family in this country who can take care of their children until they’re released. Trump wants to send these people back to Central America only to possibly have their entire family killed.
They can stay in Mexico where they are crossing through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies