Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 04:18 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump only put more sanctions on oligarchs because the Congress passed a bill which was veto proof.

Trump by refusing to talk to Mueller is extending the investigation.
Bingo.

If Trump wants to wrap this up, he could start by sitting down with team Mueller and directing Don Jr, Kushner, and Roger Stone do the the same. Get it all out on the table.

Don Jr, Kushner, and Roger Stone were all communicating with WikiLeaks and meeting with Russian government officials on behalf of the Trump campaign.

What was that all about?

Maintaining they were clueless dupes might be worth a try. They could blame it all on Bannon and Manafort.

It's that or risk being indicted for involvement in a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government.

The longer they keep changing their stories and dancing around, the worse it looks for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
On the question of whether Trump should ask Putin to extradite the Russian (cyberwarfare) military officers in response to these indictments.

If the Russians were to correctly identify 12 CIA officers who had committed cyberwarfare crimes against Russia, and Putin agreed to extradite the 12 miltary officers indicted by the Mueller probe - if we would extradite the 12 CIA officers identified and indicted by the Russians to Russia - should we agree?

Clearly the problem here is that these cyberwarfare actions - instigated by us, the Russians, the Chinese, and many other countries - are clearly acts of national aggression, which need to be responded to at the national level and not at the individual level. What these actions are not are the acts of rogue individuals, which is what pursuing indictments against these individuals implies.

Cyberwarfare - carried out by nation-states against other nation-states - is a HUGE problem, which needs to be addressed at the nation to nation level. It is not something that can be adressed or resolved by trying to sanction individual members of adversarial nation's cyberwarfare related intelligence services.

Lastly, anyone on television or elsewhere who is advocating the extradition of these Russian military officers is apparently ignorant of these issues and they should be regarded as the ignoramouses that these people clearly are.
Spying on countries to gain intelligence is one thing, attempts to change an election are quite another. Putin has been president or prime minister of Russia for over 20 years, I doubt that the CIA would waste their time to undermine that juggernaut. These 12 military officers were directly involved in subverting our election, I doubt that they acted without Putin's approval but they are the only connection.

Its ignorant for people to dismiss this specific because of some conjecture that we did the same to Russia. This is not strictly cyberwarfare this is a different. If there is proof that we did exactly the same thing in any of their elections then lets hear it.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:21 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump only put more sanctions on oligarchs because the Congress passed a bill which was veto proof.

Trump by refusing to talk to Mueller is extending the investigation.
Putin will take care of it.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:31 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
The thing is, beyond the absurdity of the accusations that the Russians hacked the DNC or that evil twisted monster Podestas emails, is that the Russians had anything but a very minimal role in influencing our elections.
Compare that to what we know DID occur to influence our elections. Lobbying groups buying ads, online service providers like Google and MSN, AOL, Facebook, Hollywood, and the MSM, all of which were very much pro Hillary with websites like Drudge being an exception. That and the work of countless non paid private citizens who were the foot soldiers posting day in and day out, like HERE and even the paid trolls, again, most of who were in the US, and we see that this is just a ridiculous legal unicorn chase that will have zero end result. Other than pushing for a phony cold war with Russia and to strip American citizens of their rights to free speech online. Its an authoritarian wet dream and the deep staters are scratching their red baboons asses we take this seriously and are stupid enough to fall for it.
Rosenstein is either hopelessly corrupt or hopelessly stupid, like Comey and Mueller. Try them all for treason and find out which.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How old are you.....really? This is an honest question....I'm 47 and have known this for a while,.....even long before obama started (and other presidents) started messing with the Iran election....

Do some other research, besides listening to others...
I have no idea how I could investigate this myself without reading and listening to others. I don't know anyone in the intelligence community, and have no idea how to access the dark web.

Plus, I worked in psychiatric settings long enough to know not to put much stock in the various conspiracy tales that are forever rolling around.

In any case, makes no difference what happened five, ten years ago, it's what's happening now that requires attention.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
Trump expelled 60 Russian diplomats. Closed a Russian consulate.

Trump imposed further economic sanctions on Russia, blacklisting five Russian companies and a couple of dozen of high level Russian government officials and oligarchs that were engaged in cyber attacks on the US.

But then you probably refused to read that when it was reported.
Last I heard the sanctions are on hold.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:41 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The thing is, beyond the absurdity of the accusations that the Russians hacked the DNC or that evil twisted monster Podestas emails, is that the Russians had anything but a very minimal role in influencing our elections.
Compare that to what we know DID occur to influence our elections. Lobbying groups buying ads, online service providers like Google and MSN, AOL, Facebook, Hollywood, and the MSM, all of which were very much pro Hillary with websites like Drudge being an exception. That and the work of countless non paid private citizens who were the foot soldiers posting day in and day out, like HERE and even the paid trolls, again, most of who were in the US, and we see that this is just a ridiculous legal unicorn chase that will have zero end result. Other than pushing for a phony cold war with Russia and to strip American citizens of their rights to free speech online. Its an authoritarian wet dream and the deep staters are scratching their red baboons asses we take this seriously and are stupid enough to fall for it.
Rosenstein is either hopelessly corrupt or hopelessly stupid, like Comey and Mueller. Try them all for treason and find out which.
Plenty of evidence that the DNC was hacked. I don't know if it made a difference in the outcome but claiming it was minimal are your words and not shared by the intelligence agencies or the senate.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:43 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I have no idea how I could investigate this myself without reading and listening to others. I don't know anyone in the intelligence community, and have no idea how to access the dark web.

Plus, I worked in psychiatric settings long enough to know not to put much stock in the various conspiracy tales that are forever rolling around.

In any case, makes no difference what happened five, ten years ago, it's what's happening now that requires attention.

There ya have it folks.....who cares what happened 2-10 years ago....it's now.....not then, when I (GotHereQuickAsICould) agreed with it...but now, NOW....because it's trump and hillary lost...so damn then....

So sad, but clearly obvious....

Old 07-15-2018, 04:49 PM

The hacked emails were a huge factor in the election.

Trump carried on like they were evidence of all sorts of of illegal behavior. They were talked about endlessly. Those emails still come up from time to time.

I read through a bunch of them and I could never find anything but the usual stuff of trying to coordinate things and work out details.

As no crime has ever been identified, no one charged with anything, my guess is that no one else was ever able to find anything either.

But Trump and the Republicans used them to paint Clinton and the Democrats as a bunch of underhanded characters involved in no end of crimes and nefarious deeds.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-15-2018 at 05:45 PM..

Old 07-15-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There ya have it folks.....who cares what happened 2-10 years ago....it's now.....not then, when I (GotHereQuickAsICould) agreed with it...but now, NOW....because it's trump and hillary lost...so damn then....

So sad, but clearly obvious....
We can't do anything about the past.

We can do something about the present.

What about this concept is difficult for you to grasp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies