Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:12 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times

Advertisements

Everyone will do what is in their self interest even if harmful to society as a whole. If you are poor, have a criminal record, and dropped out of high school at best you are worth minimum wage on the free market. But you could be worth many time more on govt aid - subsidized housing, food stamps, welfare, free public education, college grants due to poverty status, tax breaks for having children, etc etc. The welfare state has effectively turned low income men into nothing more than sperm donors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 10:22 AM

652 posts, read 340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You certainly enabled him. And encouraged a lot of poor women to use childbirth and benefits associated as a way to get their own place to live along with a livelihood instead of encouraging education and independence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Nope. Prove your accusations. Or just keep making baseless assumptions about your fellow Americans. Whatever.
Don’t be so obtuse. Anyone with an IQ greater than a potted geranium knows that what PMF said is absolutely the truth. Liberal policies certainly encourage many woman to have more babies, and stay on public assistance. BTW, this is true in many minority inner cities AND many rural, white areas. To deny it is simply ignorant and intellectually dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
He lived in a Chicago slum. You really think he supported all those kids without government aid?
No one with working brain cells would think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....he WON. I might not condone it.....I might not like it.....I might not respect it.......but he is biologically a winner. When you ask what is the purpose and function of life.....he fulfilled it and then some. The purpose of life if to perpetuate the bloodline. That is the purpose of all life. I don't care how many towers you build, how many companies you own, if you are a billionaire.....if you don't pass on your genes.....you lose biologically.
So, he’s dead at 63, and his lifestyle certainly put him in the situation, one way or another, that led to his death. That’s your idea of a winner?

Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Oh, I get it. Instead of any sympathy for a man being killed we are making assumptions about his life and judging him based on those assumptions. Got it. Praise God!
Well, the only thing I judge him for is the fact (or, at least, the alleged fact) that he had 43 children, and that tells me that he was not exactly the monogamous type who went the usual route of marrying and having kids with his WIFE (or, at least, a person with whom he had a long-term relationship). And how many people, men or women, can support even ten children without government assistance? My guess would be less than 5%.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Don’t be so obtuse. Anyone with an IQ greater than a potted geranium knows that what PMF said is absolutely the truth. Liberal policies certainly encourage many woman to have more babies, and stay on public assistance. BTW, this is true in many minority inner cities AND many rural, white areas. To deny it is simply ignorant and intellectually dishonest.

No one with working brain cells would think that.

So, he’s dead at 63, and his lifestyle certainly put him in the situation, one way or another, that led to his death. That’s your idea of a winner?
What lifestyle would that be, being black or being poor?

You people are truly sad. There is an article about a 63 year old man who is killed in his home, someone said he fathered 43 kids (unconfirmed BTW) and all anyone does is assume they know his life and make judgments based on his address and a rumor. Now you seem to somehow justify his murder because his "lifestyle" put in the position to be murdered in his home.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, the only thing I judge him for is the fact (or, at least, the alleged fact) that he had 43 children, and that tells me that he was not exactly the monogamous type who went the usual route of marrying and having kids with his WIFE (or, at least, a person with whom he had a long-term relationship). And how many people, men or women, can support even ten children without government assistance? My guess would be less than 5%.
Alleged. At least you acknowledged that.
There are multitudes of people who are not monogamous and have children out of wedlock and do not personally support their children. If I were to sit in judgment of all of them well I wouldn't have time for anything else.

Why is the fact that he allegedly had 43 kids more important that the fact he was bludgeoned to death in his home.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:55 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Alleged. At least you acknowledged that.

Why is the fact that he allegedly had 43 kids more important that the fact he was bludgeoned to death in his home.
I don't think it is more important, but I do think it is more newsworthy -- and, yes, I acknowledge the fact that he was so "fertile" was very possibly used to garner more views and comments. I am not sure about this, but my GUESS would be that there are more people who have been murdered in this country in their homes than there are men who have fathered that many kids.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
He won but the human race lost. His genes are not quality genes so more of his genes into the future human race will just bring the quality of future humans backwards. Roaches, rats, viruses, bacteria also reproduce fast but that don’t make them any good.

You don't know that. Some of his offspring maybe better equipped to deal with the future than yours. One thing I am sure of....100 years from now there will be more of him around.....than you, regardless of how "successful" you are.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:24 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Well....he WON. I might not condone it.....I might not like it.....I might not respect it.......but he is biologically a winner. When you ask what is the purpose and function of life.....he fulfilled it and then some. The purpose of life if to perpetuate the bloodline. That is the purpose of all life. I don't care how many towers you build, how many companies you own, if you are a billionaire.....if you don't pass on your genes.....you lose biologically.
He did not win. Humans are (supposed to be) above just being breeding machines. He did not win at the human thing. If he gave his 43 kids some kind great start in life - but he lived in the hood so he did not have the ability to give them a better life. He did not support them, he's a loser, a scum bag for being so irresponsible and he will have caused a lot of pain and suffering and poverty as his legacy.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I don't think it is more important, but I do think it is more newsworthy -- and, yes, I acknowledge the fact that he was so "fertile" was very possibly used to garner more views and comments. I am not sure about this, but my GUESS would be that there are more people who have been murdered in this country in their homes than there are men who have fathered that many kids.
Yes, I'd say you are right about that. And that the media uses that to generate more interest. Its just that comments are so......I don't even know the word I'm looking for. What have we become as a society that we so focus on the vague, unsubstantiated negativity in the media and act like angry villagers with torches and pitchforks out to crucify others.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:46 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Biological pride only should exist if said person can afford to support all his offspring. Somehow I doubt that is the case here.

I knew a young single mom dating a man 20 years her senior. She brought one of his kids to a game and we were talking about it because they were engaged. She mentioned he had other kids and when I asked how many she told me 19 (!). But she said that was okay because he wasn’t involved in all their lives. I said that’s actually worse. I have since lost touch with her. I really hope she didn’t end up marrying him.

By the way, both parties were white. This isn’t limited to black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies