Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
No..I'm against the benefits that come with marriage. I have nothing against the word marriage. I don't know where you'd get that assumption from.
Why? What other purpose is there TO marrying, if not the benefits? What's wrong with the "benefits" without the "marriage"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why? What other purpose is there TO marrying, if not the benefits? What's wrong with the "benefits" without the "marriage"?
I was thinking the same exact thing.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Because it's simply not going to happen.

That little piece of paper gets you the tax/legal breaks.
Why have any marriage benefits, why not just have powers of attorney, wills, etc. for everyone.
Why is society supporting breaks for some and not all? Sounds like marriage welfare.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Over 1,000 federal benefits for heterosexual marriage, I'm told.

If gays aren't allowed to have those benefits, perhaps they should be exempted from paying taxes.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:09 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,696 times
Maybe since the federal government supplys gays with condoms so they wont catch aids I should be exempted from paying taxes.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM

357 posts, read 891,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Haaziq has a "thing" about pushing peoples' collective buttons. I must admit, he is very good at getting me to do the bait-and-hook on a lot of his posts. I'm a sucker for a bad debate, what can I say?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM

357 posts, read 891,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Maybe since the federal government supplys gays with condoms so they wont catch aids I should be exempted from paying taxes.
AIDS? That's so... retro.

Please tell me someone got that reference.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I cannot stand two guys kissing, and will never accept them getting married. they should have no rights to adopting kids, sicko.
I might change my mind if I would be allowed to marry two lesbians
And so you support my theory as to why gay people, especially the males, can be so hated in our society. They are so offensive by just their kissing alone. Never mind what they do in bed.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:38 PM

217 posts, read 752,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
I'm well aware that a number of folks think homosexuals are morally depraved based upon their religious beliefs. The Holy Bible even says something along the lines of "man should not lay with man; it is an abomination." However, I'm a firm believer in the separation of church and state and that Congressmen should NOT be bringing their faith into political decisions that affect the will of the many, including those with divergent spiritual affiliations.

As such, I was just wondering if any of you in the right-wing could give me some solid reasons to be opposed to homosexuality other than your cliche "God wouldn't want it to be that way." I've heard that argument incessantly on this forum, and I'm tiring of listening to people who think that faith and politics are interchangeable. I am indeed one of those dreaded homosexuals (don't worry, I won't shake your hand and give you AIDS), and for the life of me I can't understand how bans on same-sex civil unions are passing by such large margins in many U.S. states unless people are indeed acting irresponsibly and merging the Holy Bible with the U.S. Constitution. Anyone care to enlighten me why you oppose same-sex relationships WITHOUT dragging "well my God says this" or "the Bible says that" into it? We already have a very heated thread for that.

Let this be a warning that any reply that attempts to bring your faith into play will be ignored by me and given no credence, as it will be detracting from the intention of this thread. I want to hear economic, social, and other implications that may arise from the "normalization" of same-sex relationships. If you want to rant on and on about how I'm hellbound according to the Holy Bible/U.S. Constitution, then rant on the other thread. As Pennsylvanians will likely be voting on as to whether or not same-sex civil unions should be banned as early as next year in our state, I'm just trying to hone my debating skills now on this topic to better prepare myself for when I start firing off newspaper editorials, protest rallies, etc. next year. I'm already well-acquainted with how to counter faith-based arguments, but to date I have yet to hear a credible, solid, lucid argument against same-sex relationships for any other reason. Please enlighten me.

You are confusing...
You mentioned what you read in the Holy Bible and go on to cite some of it. How do you feel about what is written in the bible about your own kind? Do you believe any of the bible and think that part doesn't apply?
Does your fierce stand for homosexuality blind you to any other views?

You then bring up separation of church and state, which plays a minor part in what you are seeking other than the same sex marriage aspect. You don't mention health care, tax breaks or any other benefits so you are basically asking about same sex marriages and why the legislatures are against them.

Career health benefits are in place for children of a couple. They bring children into the world and raise them. Think it over.

I'll give you one answer against which you have no chance of winning and that is the subjects of PROCREATION verus RECREATION. Sex is 100% recreation for you but, when male and female, the possibility of procreation is involved. That is why you are here. Homosexuals wanting to know why always forget this part of life. There is a difference and those delicious women are the answer.
Your mother was ovulating when she and your father had intercourse, inseminated an egg and SHAZZAM 9 months later a baby - YOU - popped out.

Two men will never produce offspring and neither will two women because one of the pairing is missing the organs that make the fact possible.
I have heard too many stories of "we can adopt a child and raise it between us." Between you is the the wrong word.
Women, yes, Men? No. Nurseries of young animals are often raised by females with little contact from males. Women will fall into common menstrual cycles when in close quarters. Men do nothing of the sort.

As far as wanting to pair with another of your same sex, go ahead.
However, remember that the world is mostly heterosexual. A lot of couples raise children with their morals.

Don't do the following...
-Make public sexual displays in public. A simple kiss, fine.
-Wear your sexual preference on a t-shirt and try to shove it down another's
throat in debate fashion. There is no reason to walk into a room and
announce the fact.
-Don't expect rights for your sexual preference. No other person gets rights
for their's, I never have. Sex is an option and a driver's license is a privilege.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post

I'll give you one answer against which you have no chance of winning and that is the subjects of PROCREATION verus RECREATION. Sex is 100% recreation for you but, when male and female, the possibility of procreation is involved. That is why you are here. Homosexuals wanting to know why always forget this part of life. There is a difference and those delicious women are the answer.
So maybe we should start charging heterosexual married couples a huge fine if they don't have children by the age of 35. After all, according to you thats the only reason they marry in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies