Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 05:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Well I guess Canada, the "shangra la" or "valhalla" of the North as we're frequently told is not as immune to the scourges of the West as it once thought. I'm sure the usual Canadian cabal on CD will somehow tell us how this is ALL the fault of their neighbors to the south...

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 07:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Semi auto is semi auto. There is only one bullet per trigger pull unless it's full auto. An actual assault rifle or handgun. A handgun is used in mass shootings more than any other firearm.
I did some reading before I posted where they said hand gun wasn't as fast...so i assumed that.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:06 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I suppose at this point Donald Trump can not be excluded either.
Now we know it was not Trump and was in fact a muslim. So glad Trump is president trying his hardest to keep these terrorists out. So, so, so, so glad. Regardless of anything else does, this is the reason everyone need to keep him in office for as long as possible.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadastrong View Post
No, it all the fault of a certain prime minister from the 80’s and early 90’s named “Mulroney”. It was him that accelerated mass immigration never seen before in Canada in the early 90’s. He got the ball rolling into the hell we’re currently living every day in this refugee dominant city where 60% of the inhabitants are poor and foreign born. The Muslim population is exploding. And yes the shooter was a Muslim. There are some lefty of things that are going on EVERYDAY in Toronto that the media conceals. Rape is completely out of control and 99% of the perpetrators are Muslim or south Asian.

Now I am sure my post will disappear for typing what I typed. I may even be banned but I am completely sick of this. I am tired of the violent behaviour from back water foreigners and the media coddling them. They won’t even arrest them anymore in many cases. It is so depressing.
I think your foil beanie is a way too tight.

Why would your post be deleted for saying that...it's your opinion. It's hardly radical or shocking.

I have family who live in downtown Toronto -- I lived there -- i don't share your views.

It is true that Toronto is a very diverse city -- and always has been.

The fact that this mentally ill person was a Muslim doesn't necessarily mean his mental illness was because of his heritage.

I now live in southern USA -- Your rant is similar if I ranted about white southern boys brought up in Christian homes because Dylan Roof drove to Charleston and killed 8 blacks --.

Toronto is still a fabulous city and made the better for the ethnicity.

Yeah the folks I know live IN the city, use public transportation, go to events, enjoy all the neighborhoods.

I guess we all have different perceptions.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And the population of Canada is very "significantly lower" than the US also.
Homicide rates are number of killings per 100 000 people.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:44 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,242,675 times
The shooting spree didn't happen at a fair, it happened on a busy street (Danforth Ave.) of restaurants and cafes in the city's Greektown neighbourhood.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:16 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Oh lookie another muslim attack
Yes, who needs to actually learn anything further about the particular shooter and his motives when he has a Muslim-sounding name conveniently available for you to stereotype?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:18 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Turks have a history of hating greeks, was the guy a Turkish moslem?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well I guess Canada, the "shangra la" or "valhalla" of the North as we're frequently told is not as immune to the scourges of the West as it once thought. I'm sure the usual Canadian cabal on CD will somehow tell us how this is ALL the fault of their neighbors to the south...

Interesting.
Yeah, come back when Canada has anywhere near the level of gun violence the US suffers from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies