Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. This specific topic has been given enough examples to bury even the most hardcore skeptic. At this point you are WAY beyond that. You are in denial.
Or just deliberately obtuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 02:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. This specific topic has been given enough examples to bury even the most hardcore skeptic. At this point you are WAY beyond that. You are in denial.
There have been threads with literally hundreds of posts detailing the "how".

The fact that people still ask "SHOW ME HOW THEY DID IT!" is a bit sad at this point.

Denial is a good word. So is obtuse.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
There have been threads with literally hundreds of posts detailing the "how".

The fact that people still ask "SHOW ME HOW THEY DID IT!" is a bit sad at this point.

Denial is a good word. So is obtuse.
At least we are largely past the point of the idiotic "show me how Russia forced me to change my vote".

Old 08-06-2018, 02:14 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
Donald Trump says son's meeting with Russians was to get Clinton dirt but 'totally legal'

Not what he said last year. No big surprise there.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:15 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually, I don't think Trump's story about this meeting has changed in any way. As I remember this story being reported, Don Jr admitted that the original reason he took this meeting was he was told he would be receiving some sort of damning information about Hillary Clinton. However, the claim is when he actually took the meeting, the woman offered no such information, and instead was discussing this whole adoption thing. And Trump has maintained throughout that he did not know about the meeting beforehand. So while I won't say the president has never told a lie, in this instance he doesn't appear to be lying or changing his story. It's pretty much the same story that was told way back when this was news. The only thing new is him saying it's "totally legal" which of course it is.

You people know about the tactics used by the Clinton campaign against Trump, don't you? Do you honestly believe the Clinton campaign acted honorably? Do you honestly not understand that both sides engaged in less than honorable, albeit legal tactics to try to win that election? For me, one of the biggest problems is Democrats inability to admit that their side engaged in the same dirty tactics that the Republicans did to try to win that election. I'm sorry that the end result left your candidate on the losing end, but that doesn't change the fact that both parties are one and same when it comes to what they are willing to do to try and win an election. And pretending the Democrats are somehow the more "honorable" or "honest" party is absolutely disingenuous.

And pretending Trump is 'honorable' or 'honest' is YUGELY disingenuous!

Old 08-06-2018, 02:27 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So yeah, let's cut through the Bull****.

Please tell us how ANY Russian used ANY method to change ANY vote in ANY of the 30 individual states where Trump beat Hillary Clinton.

I thought so.

(remember, you first posted it)
It doesn't matter if a vote was actually changed, they still interfered.

If you attempt to robe a bank but don't actually take any money, guess what!? You're still getting charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The Russians know the Clinton's are corrupt be happy neither are back in the White House.As for those with TDS get over it you will have 6 more years of "The Donald" like it or not.
Why would Russia care if the Clintons are corrupt? Hint: they don't.

Russia was more concerned with knowing Hillary is actually tough on them. They much rather have the girl scout who handles them with white gloves.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:37 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Having a meeting with a lobbyist where gathering dirt is discussed on a political opponent is not illegal. Neither is lying about it. Trump's not under oath. Sorry libs, you'll just have to accept it someday.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:40 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Having a meeting with a lobbyist where gathering dirt is discussed on a political opponent is not illegal. Neither is lying about it. Trump's not under oath. Sorry libs, you'll just have to accept it someday.
What lobbyist was that?

I thought Don Jr. met with a Russian (foreign adversary) official who had ties to the Kremlin. Once that person said, via email, they had "dirt" it should have been turned over to the FBI. The crime was embracing the foreign adversary for political gain.

Now, maybe we are talking about two different meetings.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Actually meeting with the representative of a FOREIGN government to get dirt on your opponent is in fact illegal. It is a crime.

Sorry Repubs, you'll just have to accept it someday

Old 08-06-2018, 02:41 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Money laundering is without question and unambiguously illegal...so the rest will take a back seat anyway. This is why Putin owns Trump and has him on a short leash.

btw...
It is illegal to solicit, accept or receive contributions and donations ― including things of value such as opposition research ― from foreign nationals.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies