Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:33 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So its gone from 'it never happened' to it did happen but "it was legal". Lie after lie. Cover up after cover up.
That’s where we were last summer, literally over 1 year ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 02:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
First he didn't know about it. Then he did. Then it was about adoptions, then it was about Clinton dirt. Ask Trump why he's bringing it up now. Maybe because they're trying to hide something? Nah, that can't be it.

hide what? please tell us with EVIDENCE........and I'm still waiting what federal law JR violated here.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:36 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I believe that poster is referring to staged hunting for fun. Paying tons of money, having endangered or unique animals put into a captivity situation in which there is no way for them to get out of it, so you can hunt them down for the sole purpose of killing them and to pose with a dead cheetah or lion. Very different psychological behavior than your average Joe going out to hunt animals for food or to control the deer population. It's a sick psychology and seems to be a thing with the idle rich.
I don’t like that either, but how different is it really than allowing hunters to go feed deer so they’ll be coming back during hunting season? I always found it weird, but I grew up in an all female household and we couldn’t afford to hunt anyway. I still don’t think it equals what Uday and Qusay did. The animals were history the moment they were purchased for those exotic hunting ranches. But it’s not rape rooms or torture.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:40 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
It’s interesting to see Trumps idea of double standards what others do are illegal but for him he’s beyond above the law.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:49 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
hide what? please tell us with EVIDENCE........and I'm still waiting what federal law JR violated here.
The law has been quoted in this thread more then once.

However, you can also view the applicable federal law here on the U.S. government website:

[USC04] 52 USC 30121: Contributions and donations by foreign nationals)

Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I'm not sure why getting evidence from a foreign country against an American citizen is illegal. In fact, I'm sure the Federal government does this all the time to build cases against American citizens whose criminal footprints span countries. I'm sure the Feds worked closely with several governments to get info on Manafort's overseas bank accounts and activities.

Other posters have already debunked the B.S. in your post.

But I will just note that in 2000 the Gore Campaign received a stolen debate prep book from the Bush campaign. It was immediately turned into the FBI by the Gore campaign.

That is how honorable people behave. The Trump family are total douche bags and they are traitors.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Why are we rehashing old news? This story dominated the media last year when it came out and we knew Don Jr took a meeting with a Russian lawyer that said she had dirt on the Clintons. Is taking a meeting illegal now? Hillary can pay Russians for opposition research but Don Jr can’t take a meeting looking for dirt in his opponent?

I still believe this story was the one that was supposed to get Trump to step down last year. Now they are bringing it back. Do people really believe Don Jr was the mastermind of the whole Russia collusion narrative. They still have nothing
Not old news.

Published Aug. 4, 2018:

“President Trump reportedly fears that his son Donald Trump Jr. may have inadvertently gotten himself into legal trouble.

The Washington Post reported Saturday that Trump has told advisers and close confidants he doesn’t believe his son knowingly broke any law, but said Trump Jr. could have unwittingly crossed a legal line.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is examining Trump Jr. for his role in arranging a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower between a Russian lawyer and Trump campaign officials, including himself.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-legal-trouble

Old 08-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The law has been quoted in this thread more then once.

However, you can also view the applicable federal law here on the U.S. government website:

[USC04] 52 USC 30121: Contributions and donations by foreign nationals)

so now the allegation is that JR. took donations and contributions from foreign nationals? is that the official allegation? so this isn't about "collusion" or dirt on a political opponent, it's about donations and contributions? LOL

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

by the way, didn't the Clinton Foundation take millions of dollars from foreign nationals while she was Secretary of State and her husband giving speeches for money in many countries including Russia?

Old 08-05-2018, 03:14 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Trump is drinking his own kool aid.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Other posters have already debunked the B.S. in your post.

But I will just note that in 2000 the Gore Campaign received a stolen debate prep book from the Bush campaign. It was immediately turned into the FBI by the Gore campaign.

That is how honorable people behave. The Trump family are total douche bags and they are traitors.

Gore honorable? BHAAAAAA!!! "I Invented the Internet" don't get me started on the lying pos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies